15 replies to this topic

#1 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Here are a couple of Fantasy trades that help us compete this year but screws us capwise for next year... oh well always the offseason to deal with it. Ideally one of Booth or Kesler would be on the LTIR until the Playoffs.

To TBL:

Schneider
Raymond
3rd Round 2014

To Van:

Lecavalier
Malone
Garon
2nd Round 2013

To Washington:

Schroeder
Ballard
1st Round 2013 (or Booth and a second if Washington would take that)

To Van:

Carlson
Perrault

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Ryan Malone ($4.500m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($7.727m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Mathieu Perreault ($1.050m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Steve Pinizzotto ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Tom Sestito ($0.605m)
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / John Carlson ($3.967m)
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,867,273; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $7,332,727
Posted Image

#2 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,556 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

The 1st trade is terrible and the 2nd one is nowhere close.

zackass.png

#3 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Lecavalier has a broken foot. The first trade doesn't exactly make sense now, and I don't think it's a good deal anyways.
Second trade seems like a bad deal as well.
As well the cap is a problem (as you stated).

Edited by schlaBAM, 19 March 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#4 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Edited by schlaBAM, 19 March 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

The 1st trade is terrible and the 2nd one is nowhere close.

Not sure what you're hoping to get out of Schneider but if you have been watching this season his stock is plummeting... we get an offensive 2nd line center, a decent powerforward (who has been stuggling but has elevated his game in the playoffs before) a decent backup and high second round draft pick... I say its not too bad at all, maybe the contracts aren't the best but that is why they would be willing to part with them in the first place.

Lecavalier has a broken foot. The first trade doesn't exactly make sense now, and I don't think it's a good deal anyways.
Second trade seems like a bad deal as well.
As well the cap is a problem (as you stated).

Vinny will be back in like a week or two max, most likely before the trade deadline so that doesn't really matter... maybe not the best return for schnieder but pre-draft I think thats the best were going to do for scoring help.

As for the second trade a bad deal for who? Van or Washington? Canucks get that Big Rhanded, Dman everyone says is lacking on this team plus a very serviceable to good 3rd line Center who is defensively responsible and can chip in offensively

These trades address all the issues/problems people have been bitching and whining about on these boards for months... if you two have better trades that address those needs/concerns please by all means post them.

Edited by Aladeen, 19 March 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,556 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Not sure what you're hoping to get out of Schneider but if you have been watching this season his stock is plummeting... we get an offensive 2nd line center, a decent powerforward (who has been stuggling but has elevated his game in the playoffs before) a decent backup and high second round draft pick... I say its not too bad at all, maybe the contracts aren't the best but that is why they would be willing to part with them in the first place.
Vinny will be back in like a week or two max, most likely before the trade deadline so that doesn't really matter... maybe not the best return for schnieder but pre-draft I think thats the best were going to do for scoring help.

As for the second trade a bad deal for who? Van or Washington? Canucks get that Big Rhanded, Dman everyone says is lacking on this team plus a very serviceable to good 3rd line Center who is defensively responsible and can chip in offensively

These trades address all the issues/problems people have been bitching and whining about on these boards for months... if you two have better trades that address those needs/concerns please by all means post them.

Would you make that trade for Luongo?

zackass.png

#7 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Would you make that trade for Luongo?

If Luongo waived and TB would do it... yes I would, I think we need secondary scoring and bad... if we are buyers at the deadline, we deal from a position of weakness unfortunately. I have faith in Schnieds or Luo going into these playoffs so long as a semblence of team can be formed in front of them.

either way I know these trades will never happen but I think it would make the Canucks a legit contender this postseason albeit have more albatross contracts to deal with during the offseason... hopefully aquilini has a few bucks left after his divorce.

Edited by Aladeen, 19 March 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Posted Image

#8 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

I didn't read too much into the broken foot, I just assumed he'd be out for 3-5 weeks or something like that. I agree with that being probably the best return we could get as of right now though if Vince can return that quickly.

The second trade, I don't know too much about Perrault other than he's a decent centre, but I just think it's overpayment if you throw in the first with this year's draft and how deep it is.
I haven't exactly been one to complain about the team too much this year because of how injured our team is, so I haven't thought about any proposals.

Posted Image

#9 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

I didn't read too much into the broken foot, I just assumed he'd be out for 3-5 weeks or something like that. I agree with that being probably the best return we could get as of right now though if Vince can return that quickly.

The second trade, I don't know too much about Perrault other than he's a decent centre, but I just think it's overpayment if you throw in the first with this year's draft and how deep it is.
I haven't exactly been one to complain about the team too much this year because of how injured our team is, so I haven't thought about any proposals.

Fair enough yah, Vinny is thought to be a week away... I will say 2 to be more realistic.

As for the second trade: I'm not sure if it is overpayment I was wondering if it was enough, Carlson is going to be a top offensive Dman in this league in the next few years, they will not give him up without overpayment, perrault is more of a throwin than anything else but is quite servicable in his own right.

Carlson is the main piece from Washington:

6'3" 210lbs shoots right - most likely would QB our PP - this guy is exactly what the Canucks need imo, if we could get him for less great... but I doubt it, that is probably the minimum they would take.

Edited by Aladeen, 19 March 2013 - 04:30 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Lol, second trade is a joke. If you think Washington would accept you have no sense of player value.

bluuuuga.png

#11 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Which foot of lecavalier is broken?

Maybe he can exchange with Kesler, then will have at least one in the line-up

#12 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Your cap hit doesn't look right.
Posted Image

#13 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,556 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

If Luongo waived and TB would do it... yes I would, I think we need secondary scoring and bad... if we are buyers at the deadline, we deal from a position of weakness unfortunately. I have faith in Schnieds or Luo going into these playoffs so long as a semblence of team can be formed in front of them.

either way I know these trades will never happen but I think it would make the Canucks a legit contender this postseason albeit have more albatross contracts to deal with during the offseason... hopefully aquilini has a few bucks left after his divorce.

Okay so we are giving up secondary scoring in Raymond too though.

And we take on two huge contracts, Lecavalier's is immovable and he doesn't bring enough. And Malone isn't really an upgrade on Raymond and he makes alot more on a longer deal.

I wouldn't consider Luongo in that deal let alone doing it for Schneider myself, I would rather go for something around Luongo and Grabovkski.

zackass.png

#14 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Lol, second trade is a joke. If you think Washington would accept you have no sense of player value

lol you're post is a joke if you think it adds anything to a thread you have no sense at all
Posted Image

#15 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

lol you're post is a joke if you think it adds anything to a thread you have no sense at all

Alright I didn't really feel like explaining how wrong you were before, and after looking at the first trade proposal I'll have even more to criticize.

Trade with Washington:

To Washington:

Ballard - Who would want him? 4.2 Cap hit for a few more years for a guy who can hardly crack the lineup (I'm not a Ballard hater, but really who would want him?)

Schroeder - Decent prospect. However far away from being a real top six forward and also undersized. All in all he carries a decent amount of trade value.

1st - Is valuable, but no where near what it would take to get Carlson.

To Vancouver:

John Carlson- A 23 year old, right handed defense man with 87 points in 214 games. Arguable Washington's best defense man.

Perrault- decent forward, doesn't carry much trade value.

Why in the world would Washington do this. They lose their best d-man and gain a 6th d-man in Ballard, a prospect who is a couple of years away from being a top 6 forward and a first round pick. :picard:

And the Tampa Bay trade may be just as disgusting. You frack us over with the cap in a way we would be screwed forever. Lacavaler is declining in play and has a gross 7.something cap hit that we would be stuck with, ad Malone also has a horribe contract.

Nice try bud, but you failed horribly.

Edited by Beluga Whale, 19 March 2013 - 05:53 PM.

bluuuuga.png

#16 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

all I ever see on these proposals is bunch of people insulting the op for proposing in the first place... and not making suggestions to make it better... people need to lighten up.

If mike Gillis proposed hodgson n sulzner for kass and grags he would probably get flamed to death and have a mod lock his thread for sucking lol... my point is anything can happen

If tampa was to trade for one of our goalies it would makr complete sense if vinny was a piece coming back. Not sure if they would want to add Malone too. imo it could be a realistic deal for lu or cory.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.