The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

QMJHL,OHL,WHL 2013 Playoff Thread

The Kamloops Blazers, Edmonton Oil Kings and Kelowna Rockets have legitimate shots at challenging the Hawks for the WHL crown. I don't think the Hawks are as invincible as everyone seems to think, despite their season.

I, for one, am hoping they're upset in round 1.

Kelowna and Portland BOTH lose game one. Kelowna defeated 5-4 in OT by Seattle (T-Birds fired 50 shots at Jordon Cooke), Portland lost 4-3 despite outshooting Everett pretty badly. The Blazers however got by the Royals 3-2. Great games!

What I'm saying is - Anyone else think there's a good chance of a Kelowna/Portland upset?

Crazy night in the WHL. Both Portland and Kelowna lost their first games, I don't think anyone was expecting that. In the Eastern Conference Edmonton destroyed Kootenay 9-0 (Stephane Legault had 3g 4a) and how about the underdog Medicine Hat Tigers winning two road games against Memorial Cup hosts Saskatoon?

Hopefully the rest of the playoffs are this unpredictable, it makes things much more exciting!

Crazy to see both 7th seeds up 3-0. Saskatoon looks nothing like a Memorial Cup team right now; Medicine Hat absolutely torched them again with 4 goals in the first period and tons of extremely high quality scoring chances.

Also, if Josh Nicholls gets suspended for his slash (which he should imo, cheap two handed chop to the back of Shinkaruk’s knee at the end of the game which resulted in 5 min major and a game misconduct), and Saskatoon gets eliminated tomorrow will he be ineligible to play at the Memorial Cup for the remainder of his suspension?

Crazy to see both 7th seeds up 3-0. Saskatoon looks nothing like a Memorial Cup team right now; Medicine Hat absolutely torched them again with 4 goals in the first period and tons of extremely high quality scoring chances.

Also, if Josh Nicholls gets suspended for his slash (which he should imo, cheap two handed chop to the back of Shinkaruk's knee at the end of the game which resulted in 5 min major and a game misconduct), and Saskatoon gets eliminated tomorrow will he be ineligible to play at the Memorial Cup for the remainder of his suspension?

Also, if Josh Nicholls gets suspended for his slash (which he should imo, cheap two handed chop to the back of Shinkaruk's knee at the end of the game which resulted in 5 min major and a game misconduct), and Saskatoon gets eliminated tomorrow will he be ineligible to play at the Memorial Cup for the remainder of his suspension?

Saskatoon Blades reporter Daniel Nugent-Bowman is reporting the WHL has chosen not to suspend Josh Nicholls: https://twitter.com/DNBsports

I cannot believe that the WHL does not believe that Nicholls' slash does not deserve a suspention. A vicious two handed baseball swing to the back of another player's knee like that does not belong in Junior hockey (or any league) and to be honest I am disgusted that no supplementary discipline will come out of it.

Archived