107 replies to this topic

#1 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Now I love Honey Badger as much as the next guy but I was having a chat with a friend and he thinks that Hansen has become a 2nd line player.

Now there's no doubt that he has the effort, the will, the speed to become one, however I think that just because we lack a real second line threat at the moment that Hansen has stepped up but to a second line skill? I think he can get there and is almost there but not quite.

What do you think though, has Hansen become a second line player? or is he not quite there yet?

#2 KeslerBEAST

KeslerBEAST

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

POPULAR

3rd on the team in points and doesn't get babysat with offensive starts, i'd say thats a legit 2nd liner

#3 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,742 posts

He's definetly close. But he's not quite there yet. Maybe in a year or two

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#4 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Hardwork works when skill doesn't :)
Posted Image

#5 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,852 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

I thought after last night we didn't have any 2nd line players

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#6 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

He's a 2nd liner on a team lacking a strong 2nd line (not a jab at Hansen). He's the perfect third liner and looks better when placed with a skilled center (last year with Hodgson, this year with Schroeder). It would be interesting to see how he plays with Kesler, but that's not going to happen in the near future.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#7 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,403 posts

If he keeps close (80%ish) to his current pace, all year, then yea.

#8 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hardwork works when skill doesn't :)

Exactly, he's probably been our most consistent player all year. I love it, but I'm just not buying that he has the skillset to be a second line threat when our team is healthy, maybe in a year or two like Stamkos' Mullet said

#9 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

He's becoming a fast sniper, the perfect player the canucks need in the top 6

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#10 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

POPULAR

It's academic.
Wherever he plays, he's a complete hockey player. What can't the guy do?
Don't care much to classify him as a 2nd or 3rd liner. He is the kind of player who, when your team is healthy, is one of the best third liners in the NHL - when the team isn't healthy, he brings an extremely solid two way game that contributes in all kinds of ways.
Ditto where Higgins is concerned. If these guys are playing on the 2nd line, that second line may not score as much as some, but it will be a better two way second line than most in the NHL... and the game is a two way game - so either way, he's extremely valuable.

#11 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Yes. Most definitely. Higgins too. I think it's nuts that people say we don't have a second line.

Keswho.jpg

#12 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

He could be, but he's a perfect fit for the third unit. We need balanced scoring from three lines to be competitive. And in a perfect world, we should address the problem on the second line and keep our 3rd strong with a guy like Hansen there.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#13 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

his shot is getting better and better i remember he used to miss the net so much but he is turning into a bit of a sniper i would say he is a mix 2nd/3rd liner right now more suited for the 3rd line but is close to being a solid 2nd liner

#14 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

I thought after last night we didn't have any 2nd line players

Kesler, Booth, Kassian :(

TlK63EWegTz8QBzg0AU.gif

#15 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • 11,852 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Kesler, Booth, Kassian :(

That are actually playing

Also my post was a bit sarcastic after all the idiotic threads that have been made in the past few days

Edited by *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*, 19 March 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#16 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

I don't think we even have a 2nd line right now :blink:

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSTHS

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#17 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

no i think Hansen is still better suited playing on the 3rd line. he's really good defensively and usually don't get the 1st or 2nd defensive pairing which is beneficial i think moving him into a 2nd line role his production will drop.. and he has more playmakers playing on the 3rd line then he'll on the 2nd line lol.

#18 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

There are a lot of teams where he could easily be a 2nd liner. However I think he benefits our team more in his current two way 3rd line role. We can reserve the 2nd for better scorers, and consequently we have an unreal 3rd line that's gritty, hardworking and can easily chip in offensively.

#19 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,144 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

I like the comments how he's now turning into a sniper just because he scored a laser tonight.

What he is is a guy who can fill in any line and chip in in every aspect of the game. He doesn't have the talent to consistently produce good 2nd line numbers, but he's close enough and has enough hustle to be able to move up the line-up if need be.

He may have a few higher scoring years, but I think he's in his prime right now. Great rounded middle 6 player, who's really beginning to become Burrows 2.0 for us (just with more speed and less offensive IQ).

Can't not love the guy.

dontforgettolentil.png

#20 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

There are a lot of teams where he could easily be a 2nd liner. However I think he benefits our team more in his current two way 3rd line role. We can reserve the 2nd for better scorers, and consequently we have an unreal 3rd line that's gritty, hardworking and can easily chip in offensively.

What better scoreres ar you referring to? He's tied for the team lead in goals.

Hansen is a gold mine for this team. He can and does play every style asked. He hits, he aggrevates, he checks, kills penalties, is fast as lightening and scores goals.

His shot and his hands have imprived significantly this year. That shot tonight was a bloody laser.

He can play on any of the 4 lines and specioal teams within reason.

He's also durable. We are very fortunate to have him.

#21 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I like the comments how he's now turning into a sniper just because he scored a laser tonight.

What he is is a guy who can fill in any line and chip in in every aspect of the game. He doesn't have the talent to consistently produce good 2nd line numbers, but he's close enough and has enough hustle to be able to move up the line-up if need be.

He may have a few higher scoring years, but I think he's in his prime right now. Great rounded middle 6 player, who's really beginning to become Burrows 2.0 for us (just with more speed and less offensive IQ).

Can't not love the guy.

I think you underestimate him. He's 3rd in team scoring this year and doesn' get PP time and usually plays a checking role. Pretty good numbers for a PK'ing 3rd liner.

#22 pomorick

pomorick

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hansen is essentially the equivalent of Burrows; a complete NHL forward. He is not a star player, but he is a top notch complementary
player. On our team the Sedins are the star forwards. Kesler, Burrows and Hansen are the top support players closely followed by
Raymond, Higgins and Lapierre. Kassian and Schroeder are rising stars.
If Gillis can get a significant return on Louongo we will have a pretty solid team. I am thinking that Washington is the team that needs
Louongo and has the assets to get him. Foresberg, a second and Johansen would be a fair trade that would benefit both teams.
Washinton gets the goaltender they need and make the playoffs and maybe go all the way.
We don't improve alot initially, but in the long run our prospects pool would be much improved plus Johansen could step in this year
and perhaps immediatly improve the team.
Holding on to Louongo hoping for more may be a waste of time and opportunity and for Washington continuing on with Ovie and Backstrom in their prime without trying to win a cup is a waste of time and opportuitity especially considering that they will have Kuznetsov and whomever they draft this year coming in.

#23 visionchoice

visionchoice

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

any 2nd liner close to him in Canucks now?

#24 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'd use him in the 2nd line for sure, at least until Jensen or Kassian's developed or if Booth gets back to his old form. Kassian should play on the 3rd while Hansen can set up Kes for shots, until Zack proves he can play on the Top 6. Jannik and Raymond should be able to fly together with Kes pretty effectively.

Edited by g@m3b0i, 19 March 2013 - 11:07 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#25 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,014 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Unsung hero for sure. And deservedly so.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#26 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

He's really heading in that path. Reminds me of Alex Burrows before he legitly become a 2nd line player to be honest they play similar. They Both Hustle, they both grind, love it.

Him playing in Finland is probably one of the best things he did in his hockey career, as he pretty much the goto guy for the team.

When Kesler comes back its going to be Raymond Kesler Hansen. I cannot see it any other way unless Gillis finds us another winger at trade deadline.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#27 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

If you combine Raymond and Booth you get Hansen. That is two second liners adding up to another second liner in my opinion. He can play 3rd just as well. He understands his game and what he supposed to do on the ice no matter who he's paired with. I'd say the most Coach-able player we have right now.

Jannik "Raymooth" Hansen
linden Vey Sig

#28 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

I don't think he's a legit 2nd liner on a cup team but I've been very impressed by his play this year. Our teams most consistent player hands down. Ideally id like to see him, Mayray and Schroeder as a scoring 3rd line with Booth, Kes and an elite winger brought in as our 2nd. 4th line comes down to Kass, Sestito, Higgy, Lappy, Pinizotto with injuries and what not.

Lose Cory or Lu whoever works best for a deal and we're good to go.

Edited by cdubuya, 19 March 2013 - 11:50 PM.

Posted Image

#29 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Hansen is a complete player and interchangable in any spot on the roster. He really has no bad attributes and him being on any line makes it better. He is definitely a capable 2nd line player.
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#30 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

Snipes vs SJS, LA,Wild probably had nothing to do with the comments. was probably just the one he did today that caused the comments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.