The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Hansen become a 2nd line player?

Lychees

There are a lot of teams where he could easily be a 2nd liner. However I think he benefits our team more in his current two way 3rd line role. We can reserve the 2nd for better scorers, and consequently we have an unreal 3rd line that's gritty, hardworking and can easily chip in offensively.

I think he is this year. The key reason is, he SHOOTS the f****** puck. To many guys are looking for the perfect pass. Shoot the puck and get rewarded, plus he can check, skate, and has good vision. He might even be a first liner this year (maybe). Moral of the story is he is producing and works extremely hard.

i dont understand how people can watch kes give turnovers and skate slower than hansen, yet kes is a lock for 2nd line. booth is just as big a puzzle. whithout the hype i would say booth is a 4th line player.

a lot of our chemistry problems started when two injured players came back. guys like hansen and mayray were given support roles for kes and booth. the guys who were producing for us were given baggage to carry.

its gotta sting to get pushed out of the way, when your playing good hockey, for a player with a better contract who is not clicking.

Exact same thing happen for Hansen last year!!! One of our best players. Going for a break out year. Then (I think it was) Raymond came back from injury and Hansen got pushed down to third/fourth line effectively ending his break out year. AV has no class and the reason this team suffers. Players are fine but the team need stability, instead of new lines all the time. If it works don't fix it.

i dont understand how people can watch kes give turnovers and skate slower than hansen, yet kes is a lock for 2nd line. booth is just as big a puzzle. whithout the hype i would say booth is a 4th line player.

a lot of our chemistry problems started when two injured players came back. guys like hansen and mayray were given support roles for kes and booth. the guys who were producing for us were given baggage to carry.

its gotta sting to get pushed out of the way, when your playing good hockey, for a player with a better contract who is not clicking.

Archived