22 replies to this topic

#1 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

OK I understand there are a lot of bandwagoners here on CDC, that might not really know about the team history,BUT understand this
THE CANUCKS OWNER AND DALLAS OWNER HATE EACH OTHER .......THEIR GM'S WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS TOGETHER.... stop making propoals for dallas players it wont happen

http://www.shapraycr...om/press02.html

http://www.canadianb...eagues-at-last/

#2 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Meh u never know... Dallas play by play guys said on team 1040 earlier that it shouldn't be an issue as long as it makes sense for their team.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#3 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

I didn't read to see if Gaglardi is the GM as well, and not just the owner. If he is just the owner than by all means a trade with Dallas could happen
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#4 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

I didn't read to see if Gaglardi is the GM as well, and not just the owner. If he is just the owner than by all means a trade with Dallas could happen

Joe Nieuwendyk is GM
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Either owner can veto the trade.

easily lol
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#6 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Meh they're business men, business men do business if they think it will help their business, they can put their personal differences aside for a hockey trade np.
Posted Image

#7 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Meh u never know... Dallas play by play guys said on team 1040 earlier that it shouldn't be an issue as long as it makes sense for their team.

forget what the media says. they just need to feed the sheep and waste airtime so they can make money off commercials

LET ME MAKE THIS EASIER FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND
GAGLARDI AND AQUILINI ARE ENEMIES

#8 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Meh they're business men, business men do business if they think it will help their business, they can put their personal differences aside for a hockey trade np.

HAHAHAH you think its a minor personnal problem. gaglardi's dream was to own the canucks.
he sued auqilini for millions and aquilini sued him back for millions

business men dont do business with people that they go to court against

most CDC user actual hockey knowledge :picard:

#9 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,750 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

HAHAHAH you think its a minor personnal problem. gaglardi's dream was to own the canucks.

Last time I checked Joe Nieuwendyk isn't Tom Gaglardi and Mike Gillis isn't Francesco Aquilini

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#10 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

forget what the media says. they just need to feed the sheep and waste airtime so they can make money off commercials

LET ME MAKE THIS EASIER FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND
GAGLARDI AND AQUILINI ARE ENEMIES

They'll make a deal if it makes sense for both teams. Period. Doesn't matter if the two owners don't like each other. Its business

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#11 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Last time I checked Joe Nieuwendyk isn't Tom Gaglardi and Mike Gillis isn't Francesco Aquilini

tom and francesco are the ones that sign joe and mike's checks

you will understand when u grow up :sadno:

#12 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

They'll make a deal if it makes sense for both teams. Period. Doesn't matter if the two owners don't like each other. Its business

you too will understand one day when you grow up and get a real job.(paper boy or working at mcdonalds doesnt count)

its goes beyond business its personal they hate each other with a passion. they fought each other in court for years, spent millions on lawyers. they are each others worst enemies

businessmen hahah no... they are beyond business men they are tycoons . and tycoons are to rich there ego's will never work together again in any way shape or form.

Edited by Burlinbert, 20 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#13 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,750 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

When will YOU understand that the NHL is a business and GMs will make trades if they feel it makes their team better??

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 20 March 2013 - 12:53 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#14 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Guess you didn't read the final paragraph of The Province article that you posted...let me put it up for you to read:

"The Gaglardis and Aquilinis are involved in a joint-venture mega-project to develop about 3,600 hectares near Squamish into a ski resort and community almost half the size of Whistler over the next 20 years. Aquilini said he doesn't expect this dispute to affect that deal."

Obviously you're ignorant to how businessmen and politicians operate...one day you can be enemies, the next you're doing a deal. In most cases (there's always rules to the exception), for businessmen and entrepreneurs, if you can better your interests, you will do a deal with the devil. History of bad blood sits on the shelf...

I guess you've never heard the phrase - business and politics make strange bedfellows.

Think about that one before you show your ignorance to the world.

#15 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

When will YOU understand that the NHL is a business and GMs will make trades if they feel it makes their team better??

i own businesses. you do business with people you have a good relationships not with people you hate.
let me give you an example

person A sells me widgets
me and person A get into a beef and sue each other
I start buying buying from person B
Person A is selling the same widgets for 10 dollars cheaper
i'm still not going back to person A
we hate each other we wont be doing business together

happens everyday in business in the real world you might understand when u get bigger

Edited by Burlinbert, 20 March 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#16 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Guess you didn't read the final paragraph of The Province article that you posted...let me put it up for you to read:

"The Gaglardis and Aquilinis are involved in a joint-venture mega-project to develop about 3,600 hectares near Squamish into a ski resort and community almost half the size of Whistler over the next 20 years. Aquilini said he doesn't expect this dispute to affect that deal."

Obviously you're ignorant to how businessmen and politicians operate...one day you can be enemies, the next you're doing a deal. In most cases (there's always rules to the exception), for businessmen and entrepreneurs, if you can better your interests, you will do a deal with the devil. History of bad blood sits on the shelf...

I guess you've never heard the phrase - business and politics make strange bedfellows.

Think about that one before you show your ignorance to the world.

hahahah
do your research
that deal fell thru its over

aqualini just said that to the media so he doesnt look like a pick

hahahahahahahahahahahaah

'one day you can be enemies, the next you're doing a deal. In most cases (there's always rules to the exception), for businessmen and entrepreneurs, if you can better your interests, you will do a deal with the devil.'

I strongly agree with this statement, but Aquilini and Gaglardi are not businessman they are tycoons . its a totally different level. politicians and entrepuners suck up to tycoons. Gaglardi and Aquilinnis are so rich , they are actually the devils that politicians , businessmen and entreprenuers have to shake hands with

Edited by Burlinbert, 20 March 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#17 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

hahahah
do your research
that deal fell thru its over

aqualini just said that to the media so he doesnt look like a pick

hahahahahahahahahahahaah

Well you got me on that one...should have done my research.

Good on you, widget man. Good luck with your widget business...I can see that you pay attention to your bottom line. Way to inflate your cost of doing business because of what probably in your case would be a frivolous law suit. I'm sure a man of your principal/integrity would not pass on the extra cost of doing business onto your customers or other partners...

Burlinbert -- aka, businessman of the year.

#18 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

If we offered them Edler for a 2nd don't you think they would accept? Or if they offered us Benn for a 2nd would we accept? Those deals are way out of the question but getting a good business deal done isn't. The stars probably don't align for both teams right now but that doesn't mean they won't in the future. Saying outright they will never make a deal even if it makes way too much sense is as dumb as saying luke schenn is worth 10 first round picks.

If we had a prospect that they really wanted for a long time and they had the perfect rental player, I don't see why you would shoot yourself in the foot to take a jab at the other.

If those 2 are that petty then maybe you should be telling them to grow up.. not the guy who's offering you common sense.

#19 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Well you got me on that one...should have done my research.

Good on you, widget man. Good luck with your widget business...I can see that you pay attention to your bottom line. Way to inflate your cost of doing business because of what probably in your case would be a frivolous law suit. I'm sure a man of your principal/integrity would not pass on the extra cost of doing business onto your customers or other partners...

Burlinbert -- aka, businessman of the year.

i dont have to past on the cost . I'll take the 10 dollar hit my self.
when your in business you realize its not all about the bottom line and money
its about having good business relations and contacts do help you expand and grow

example
-person A has being making me widgets for $20 over the last 10 years, and hes doing a great job ive never had a complaint
person b comes around and say I'll make u widgets for $18 dollars, if u leave person A

someone like you would probably say ...person A ur gone if you dont match B's price

Burlinbert -- aka, businessman of the year would say nah I'm good with person A , hes been good to me. you cant put a dollar amount on good business relationships

Edited by Burlinbert, 20 March 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#20 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

you too will understand one day when you grow up and get a real job.(paper boy or working at mcdonalds doesnt count)

its goes beyond business its personal they hate each other with a passion. they fought each other in court for years, spent millions on lawyers. they are each others worst enemies

businessmen hahah no... they are beyond business men they are tycoons . and tycoons are to rich there ego's will never work together again in any way shape or form.

You're a ???? dumbass. The company I work with does a lot of business with northland and I've personally dealt with them on a few occasions. You obviously don't know squat about business

They are about ONE THING... profit and good business decisions. If there's a deal with Vancouver they will do it.

2cz94w5.jpg

#21 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

i dont have to past on the cost . I'll take the 10 dollar hit my self.
when your in business you realize its not all about the bottom line and money
its about having good business relations and contacts do help you expand and grow

Good on you...way to think "big picture".

#22 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

HAHAHAHAHA you think past feuds of any kind are going to stop either of these guys from doing business if it can make them money? Suing is a part of business, if Galglardi wanted to own the Canucks than he can understand why Aquilini wants to too.

Business men are doing business with people that they go to court against - most likely why they are in court in the first place.

I suppose Apple and Samsung will never do business... or Apple and Google or Nokia or whoever and whoever

you and your actual knowledge of anything :picard:

Edited by Aladeen, 20 March 2013 - 01:34 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.