The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'm calling it.

Bodee

The Jets to win the Stanley Cup.

Having watched the Jets compete level against the Bruins it reminded me of the Canucks when they were firing on all cylinders. Except for me the Jets coped easily with the Bruins physicality.....and then some.

They seem to have a fine goalie and strength all down the lines with grit to burn.

Lastly, I watch a lot of hockey on GameCenter Live and I don't think I've heard a louder crowd. That alone can propel them through some of the tougher playoff games.

Anyone else impressed with that team?

Having watched the Jets compete level against the Bruins it reminded me of the Canucks when they were firing on all cylinders. Except for me the Jets coped easily with the Bruins physicality.....and then some.

They seem to have a fine goalie and strength all down the lines with grit to burn.

Lastly, I watch a lot of hockey on GameCenter Live and I don't think I've heard a louder crowd. That alone can propel them through some of the tougher playoff games.

They are scary when they are on, but they would have to enter the playoffs firing on all cylinders. In order for that to happen, Pavelec needs to be on. Ladd has been playing great, is a great playoff performer, and a terrific leader. As for their other top players, Kane, Wheeler, and Byfuglien are also built for the playoffs. They have the right players in place, but they are missing a number 1 or 2 center. If they cannot find that, they would need Bogosian and Pavelec to step it up big time in order to truly compete. Lastly, as good as Enstrom has been, he would need to be healthy in order for them to have a chance.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, and the right players are in place/built for playoff hockey (Ladd, Byfuglien, Kane, Wheeler). Can't see it happeneing, but you never know. To be honest, I like their chances this year over the Canucks, who just seem to have nothing going for them this year.

I'd like to try whatever you're on, if the Jets win the cup this year, Brix. Will. Be. Shat.

My longshot pick for this year is the Ducks

The Hawks if they can stay healthy.

Pittsburgh in the East, Crosby is playing like Crosby; and he seems to have found Gretzky-Kurri like Chemistry with Chris Kunitz.

Montreal & Carolina would be my longshot picks in the East.

Vancouver does not have it this year, sadly.

Archived