The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Phoenix Coyotes | 7:00 PM | SNET-P

Blueberries

1-0 shootout loss. Both teams skate in circles in their own ends for the entire game. Highlight reels consist of John Garrett eating an entire hotdog in one bite and AV choking on a losenge. Things get briefly exciting when word gets out Gillis and Luongo are texting each other, but it turns out they're just playing scrabble.

That starting lineup is starting to look very '06-'07. Canucks will have an easier time winning than they will entertaining in this one.

Maybe this is the adversity that some thought the team was lacking in last year. Get in to ugly must win hockey now.

News from Coach V in Phoenix:

"Higgins left morning skate early with a sore back and is not expected to play. Pinizzotto woke up yesterday not feeling well. We will likely have to play one of our defensemen as a winger tonight."

I already scream at the TV enough when he doesn't shoot from the point on the PP as a defenceman, so I could imagine my voice if he forgets how to shoot from in front of the net in an offensive position.

Personally, I think this is AV's time to shine - to show the boys how its done in person.

Archived