The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth out up to 2 months

samirjaver

Two things!

First off, having played hockey for longer than some of you have been a live. I always admired a player who gave his all, yes they make alot of money, but they are people first, and deserve our compassion.

It wasn't like he was sitting in the stands having a beer and fell, he was in the play, and working hard.

And as I was reminded of today, Burtuzzi didn't do anything until he met up with Morrison and Naslund, then they sparked and became an allstar.

Would I trade him IF, I had a good deal. Yes! But come on people, give him a break, how would you feel if you hurt yourself at work and everyone said it didn't matter, you should be fired anyways!

Secondly, MG should stay on course, exactly how many teams are ahead of us anyways? Do I want changes, hell yes! But don't panic. That usually causes mistakes! If it isn't a good deal, let it pass, isn't that what you would do?

The Vancouver Canucks are NOT a better team without David Booth, regardless of what most of you say. This is more news of the worse kind at a time when the team doesn't need it.

Like many who know hockey have said already, the stat sheets and highlight reels are not all that there is to an NHL hockey game. Booth has provided the Canucks with lots of intangibles in his time here. People who call Booth soft are probably the same people who call Kes and Lindros and Mario and Wendel Clark soft, too, because all they do is look at stats. Booth, Kes, Lindros, Wendel and Mario all played hard all the time. They put themselves at risk for the good of the team and sometimes get hurt because of it.

David Booth will be missed.

Archived