The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth out up to 2 months

samirjaver

What do people expect? A shortern season - no training camp - games every other day = INJURIES.

Booth is a great player and the only player we have that takes the puck to the net strong. Id give him another year before i judge him. He scored 31 goals few years ago, HE DESERVES ANOTHER CHANCE.

Classic Vancouver fans that hate on Booth are the same people that said " trade the sisters "

Learn how to watch the game before you open your mouth.

I don't know what the buy out amnesty entails, but by my estimation that would cost the Canucks $64,400,000 to buy out those 3 players. Those are some pricy mistakes, which is why I doubt he would buy them out. If you cost your company to lose $64 million for nothing, expect to be fired in the worst possible way.

Every team in the NHL has players like this. Players who are paid well, and have either underperformed or been injury prone. Stop disrespecting Booth because of his salary.

He tries hard every night, and is a good character guy. I'll bet any team would be happy to have him as a teammate.

A healthy Booth is a good addition to any team.

One might also say that if all you see are his skating, hits and power moves to the net, you are blind as...

Look, nothing against Booth personally. He has looked pretty good the last 5 games, relative to the rest of our forwards mind you. But with Booth I always have the feeling that when he's visible in a game, there seems to be a lot going on but not much happening (a plus to you if you can figure that one out). He has no vision on the ice and rarely passes or uses his line-mates. When he gets the puck, it's basically a put-your-head-down-and-skate-as-fast-as-you-can-to-the-net type of play. You'd think that would normally be a good thing (going to the net), but he hasn't produced and just as importantly he hasn't helped his line-mates from both last season and this season produce.

But no doubt he would help and be an upgrade if we got him back at some point for the playoffs. I think he's a good guy, and I hope he does get back and has some success.

As I understand it...whatever number of years left on Lu's contract when he retires will be counted counted against Vancouver's salary cap...not the team that he is traded to. So if Lu goes to...let's say Florida...and plays until he is 38, the last five years of his contract will count against Vancouver's salary cap for the 5 years he didn't play...not Florida's. So trading Lu for peanuts just to move his contract is really kind of dumb. You get basically nothing of value for him, you lose his services for the rest of this year, and you lose the opportunity to kill his ridiculous contract. If you trade him (even for some value now), the team could be eating 4, 5, even 6 years of salary cap down the road. If we keep him for the year and buy him out in the summer, his contract is dead and gone and won't haunt this team for years to come. Remember this is Bettman's way of punishing teams for curcumventing his salary cap with these long contracts. Lu gets bought out in the summer unless there is a GREAT return...which isn't going to happen.

Archived