Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Booth out up to 2 months

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#91 EV604

EV604

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Made of Glass
Get rid of him.
Let him join the boys at Duck Dynasty

Whats wrong with someone that enjoys hunting in his spare time? Hunting involves a extreme level of fitness - hiking up mountains with all you gear isnt easy you know. Its a good way to stay in shape. Would you be happier if hes was at nightclubs or college frat parties taking drunken pictures like Patrick Kane???

#92 Sbriggs

Sbriggs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

He wasn't helping much any ways, hopefully this forces MG to acquire a legit scoring winger.

I don't say this often about Canucks but I hope Booth is gone in the summer, I never felt he fit here.

He was looking good this year when he was playing but I have to agree he needs togo

#93 Sbriggs

Sbriggs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

2 in a row...

how many players can we buy out? booth, ballard, luongo... we need to buy out 3.

we will never buy Luongo out, never happen

#94 Cup2012

Cup2012

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Every team in the NHL has players like this. Players who are paid well, and have either underperformed or been injury prone. Stop disrespecting Booth because of his salary.

He tries hard every night, and is a good character guy. I'll bet any team would be happy to have him as a teammate.

A healthy Booth is a good addition to any team.

#95 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

One might also say that if all you see are his skating, hits and power moves to the net, you are blind as...

Look, nothing against Booth personally. He has looked pretty good the last 5 games, relative to the rest of our forwards mind you. But with Booth I always have the feeling that when he's visible in a game, there seems to be a lot going on but not much happening (a plus to you if you can figure that one out). He has no vision on the ice and rarely passes or uses his line-mates. When he gets the puck, it's basically a put-your-head-down-and-skate-as-fast-as-you-can-to-the-net type of play. You'd think that would normally be a good thing (going to the net), but he hasn't produced and just as importantly he hasn't helped his line-mates from both last season and this season produce.

But no doubt he would help and be an upgrade if we got him back at some point for the playoffs. I think he's a good guy, and I hope he does get back and has some success.

I've seen his vision.. Like you say, those 5 games were his best and him and Kass had sick chemistry. Nice little passes before driving the net... I think what we seen there was not forcing him to play shutdown and offense along side kesler, he just never go used to it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Booth Schroeder kassian next year if he's still here. Or get a shutdown centre and go booth shredder kesler

#96 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

This team NEEDS Booth. Everyone else plays a perimeter game. Booth drives the net with authority, generates chances, draws penalties, and he finishes hits.

This forum has had a hate on for Booth since he arrived.

#97 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

I see him resigning for 2 million with far less pressure and being the best depth winger in the league.

He is the definition of the third line winger we need, he just costs what a top 6 hsould.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#98 OncebeforeIdie

OncebeforeIdie

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Don't be ridiculous, Even if Lu is traded for less than market value, it is better than buying him out. WORST case scenario we see gillis using two buy outs but I am skeptical of that happening.

As I understand it...whatever number of years left on Lu's contract when he retires will be counted counted against Vancouver's salary cap...not the team that he is traded to. So if Lu goes to...let's say Florida...and plays until he is 38, the last five years of his contract will count against Vancouver's salary cap for the 5 years he didn't play...not Florida's. So trading Lu for peanuts just to move his contract is really kind of dumb. You get basically nothing of value for him, you lose his services for the rest of this year, and you lose the opportunity to kill his ridiculous contract. If you trade him (even for some value now), the team could be eating 4, 5, even 6 years of salary cap down the road. If we keep him for the year and buy him out in the summer, his contract is dead and gone and won't haunt this team for years to come. Remember this is Bettman's way of punishing teams for curcumventing his salary cap with these long contracts. Lu gets bought out in the summer unless there is a GREAT return...which isn't going to happen.

#99 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

As I understand it...whatever number of years left on Lu's contract when he retires will be counted counted against Vancouver's salary cap...not the team that he is traded to. So if Lu goes to...let's say Florida...and plays until he is 38, the last five years of his contract will count against Vancouver's salary cap for the 5 years he didn't play...not Florida's. So trading Lu for peanuts just to move his contract is really kind of dumb. You get basically nothing of value for him, you lose his services for the rest of this year, and you lose the opportunity to kill his ridiculous contract. If you trade him (even for some value now), the team could be eating 4, 5, even 6 years of salary cap down the road. If we keep him for the year and buy him out in the summer, his contract is dead and gone and won't haunt this team for years to come. Remember this is Bettman's way of punishing teams for curcumventing his salary cap with these long contracts. Lu gets bought out in the summer unless there is a GREAT return...which isn't going to happen.

That's not actually how it works. Basically if Lui retires as a Canuck before the end of his contract, the total amount of the cap advantage (the amount a player’s actual salary exceeds his cap hit in a given year) the Canucks gained over the years they've had him will have to be paid back in equal instalments for the remainder of the contract. If Lui gets traded and spends a few years with the new team but still retires before the end of his contract, then the team that traded for him also has to pay back the total cap advantage they gained over the time Lui was with them in equal instalments for the remainder of the contract.

4X5ed5z.gif

Credit to Tony Zamboni for the sig.

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#100 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Poor guy.

He's made $20,000,000.00 in the last 6 years.

$8,500,000.00 of that since joining the Canucks two years ago.

He has 33 points in that span.

That's $257,575.00 PER POINT

"poor" is not a term that applies in this case, unless you're referring to his value.

Edited by darkpoet, 21 March 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#101 english_14

english_14

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

This guy's time in Van has been a total abortion.... which is rather ironic because we all know his stance on abortion.

#102 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Pfft... CONGRATS ON THE GREAT SEASON, BOOTH!

give the guy a break, he comes back from injury, looks like he was on the cusp of hitting his stride, and then suffers another 2 month setback... he hasn't produced enough but he deserves some sympathy for such atrocious luck

tumblr_lxk4f2YfMc1qaosmto1_400.gif

#103 OncebeforeIdie

OncebeforeIdie

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

That's not actually how it works. Basically if Lui retires as a Canuck before the end of his contract, the total amount of the cap advantage (the amount a player’s actual salary exceeds his cap hit in a given year) the Canucks gained over the years they've had him will have to be paid back in equal instalments for the remainder of the contract. If Lui gets traded and spends a few years with the new team but still retires before the end of his contract, then the team that traded for him also has to pay back the total cap advantage they gained over the time Lui was with them in equal instalments for the remainder of the contract.

Thanks for the correction. But it still seems to make the most sense to kill the contract in the offseason. There is no way Lu is playing anywhere until he is 43 and Vancouver will still be on the hook for plenty of salary cap down the road.

#104 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

at least he got one before he went on the shelf again <_<
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#105 Dr. J.

Dr. J.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Let's hope that Jensen gets a chance now. (I can't understand why Gordon was called up ahead of him.)

#106 Canucks17_33_22

Canucks17_33_22

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Gillis said Booth is gonna have surgery today, might be back in the playoffs.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.