#1 J529

J529

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

http://bc.ctvnews.ca...o-vet-1.1202873

B.C. Mounties are on the lookout for a hit-and-run driver who struck a family dog but refused to take the dying animal to a veterinarian – for fear of wrecking his upholstery. Kelowna resident Lloyd Manchester was walking his dog of 12 years, Jake, near a local Boys and Girls Club last month when a blue SUV started backing out of a driveway toward them. He tried moving the dog to safety but it was too late; the vehicle crushed Jake’s hip and injured Manchester’s heel in the process. The driver initially stayed at the scene, but refused to lift a finger to help the bleeding pet. “I said, ‘Well, we need to get my dog to a vet,’ ” Manchester told CTV News. “He said, ‘My SUV’s really expensive and it’s got leather interiors, and I’m not putting that dog in my SUV.’ ” Instead, the driver promised to bring a veterinarian back to the scene. He drove off and never came back. “I just think it’s somewhat despicable to leave an injured dog by the side of the road and take off,” said Manchester, who managed to get Jake to a vet with help from a friend. The veterinarian tried operating on the dog the next day, but his internal injuries were too severe. Jake was put down on March 1. “We’re going to miss him… you just can’t replace somebody that you’ve had around that long and consider part of your family,” said Manchester. “He was a very faithful dog.” Manchester was put on crutches for his injured heel, but didn’t suffer any broken bones. Mounties are now asking anyone with information to come forward and help them identify the hit-and-run driver. Const. Kris Clark said Manchester and the man never exchanged information with each other, and authorities only have a few vague details to go on. “Obviously the victim was very traumatized that his dog of 12 years had been struck at the side of the road, and was unable to get the information that we could use to track down the driver,” Clark said. The suspect is described as a 50 to 55-year-old white male with short brown hair. He was driving a blue, newer-model SUV with wide tires. Clark said under the law, pets are considered property, and so the driver will likely only face a fine under the Motor Vehicle Act. Manchester said he hopes to see the driver do the right thing and turn himself in. “Leaving a dog in that kind of shape, saying your vehicle’s more important than an animal,” he said. “Nobody should do that kind of stuff and get away with it.” Anyone with information on the incident can contact the Kelowna RCMP detachment at 250-762-3300.

Edited by J529, 20 March 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#2 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Brutal. I think if somebody popped my dog with their vehicle like that the newspaper artile wouldnt be titled the same way. Also, i may be facing charges.

#3 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I would cause equal damage to the person who hit my dog is what im saying.

#4 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,178 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

I'd beat the s#it out of the driver and see how he feels
Posted ImagePosted Image
Special thanks to Guava & Egatti !

#5 Blue90

Blue90

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hope they catch this guy. Ya he's probably just gonna get a fine what what's gonna be worse is what happens when his information is plastered all over the internet
*** WetBreasts is gonna make it Crew ***

#6 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,408 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Lol at turning himself in would just result in a small fine. The guy is in crutches. Hello, personal injury claim?

The dog was an idiot for not getting out of the way and the guy was an idiot for not getting required information on the guy who hit him. At least a licence plate, c'mon. Esp. when you had time to discuss whether or not the guy should drive the bloody dog to the vet. (It was toast regardless.)
Posted Image

#7 J529

J529

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

The driver who hit the dog is a scumbag. He didn't want the dog getting into his SUV because of the leather interiors. An animal is dying, which is alot more important then some material posession. Further proves what a dick he is by lieing he would get help. If driver is caught, he'll get a slap on the wrist.

#8 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

What was the owner of the dog doing sitting and waiting around for someone he didnt even know? How much time had he waited? Did he even bother to take any proactive steps? Call a friend? Taxi? Dog owner has no vehicle??

I need more info before I side completely with the dog owner. So far seems like bother parties failed in saving the animal. It's not exactly easy to spot a dog that's running around off leash when you're driving either. Always be in control of your animal or if not be aware of its surroundings.

The best solution for both maybe was to lay some plastic down.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#9 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Karma will bite this guy in the ass, for sure.

Bastard.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#10 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

The driver who hit the dog is a scumbag. He didn't want the dog getting into his SUV because of the leather interiors. An animal is dying, which is alot more important then some material posession. Further proves what a dick he is by lieing he would get help. If driver is caught, he'll get a slap on the wrist.

All the more reason I'm with bieksasangryface and NightHawk...driver deserves a serious beatdown.

#11 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

if i was the dog owner as soon as that douchebag said "i have a $70,000 car i don't want to put a dog in it" i would hvae busted his fracking face open, what a complete and utter piece of garbage this guy is. I know people with more expensive cars than that and they take their dogs in them all the time, not a single frack given. Isn't that the point of having leather seats? easier to clean? moron

hope they find this a-hole

Edited by Primus099, 20 March 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#12 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,165 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

seems like the owner hurt his heel to so this should be a hit and run case

#13 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

I would never put a bleeding dog in my car.. if you want to try to beat me up go ahead. i'd rather scrap the owner than put the dog in my car.
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#14 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

What was the owner of the dog doing sitting and waiting around for someone he didnt even know? How much time had he waited? Did he even bother to take any proactive steps? Call a friend? Taxi? Dog owner has no vehicle??

I need more info before I side completely with the dog owner. So far seems like bother parties failed in saving the animal. It's not exactly easy to spot a dog that's running around off leash when you're driving either. Always be in control of your animal or if not be aware of its surroundings.

The best solution for both maybe was to lay some plastic down.

The dogs owner said he tried to move him out of the way.Obviously he was going slow possibly due to age.
Even if he didn't see the dog he MUST have seen the owner behind him,yet he still ran over the owners heel as well as the dog.......I know some on here might not have sympathy for the dog,how about if this was your son or daughter? If he didn't see the dog he wouldn't have seen a kid....Your kid ! Anybodies Kid !
There was a boys and girls club close by !!!

Edited by fagin, 20 March 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#15 J529

J529

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

seems like the owner hurt his heel to so this should be a hit and run case

Saw the story about this on tv and the dog owner is on crutches.

Edited by J529, 20 March 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#16 Blue90

Blue90

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Lol at turning himself in would just result in a small fine. The guy is in crutches. Hello, personal injury claim?

The dog was an idiot for not getting out of the way and the guy was an idiot for not getting required information on the guy who hit him. At least a licence plate, c'mon. Esp. when you had time to discuss whether or not the guy should drive the bloody dog to the vet. (It was toast regardless.)

Shhhh its just a trap so the guy will turn himself in thinking he's facing just a fine
*** WetBreasts is gonna make it Crew ***

#17 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

I would never put a bleeding dog in my car.. if you want to try to beat me up go ahead. i'd rather scrap the owner than put the dog in my car.

I take it you don't own a pet, tough guy.

I pity the poor animal that ends up with you as a companion.

#18 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Just for the record the dog WAS on a leash.

Strange... Never heard of a dog on leash being struck before.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#19 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

I take it you don't own a pet, tough guy.

I pity the poor animal that ends up with you as a companion.

coming from the guy who believes in karma
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#20 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Strange... Never heard of a dog on leash being struck before.

......That's why I edited my post to omit the sentence,after re reading it.

#21 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

The dude was backing out of a driveway...

How hard can it be to find him?

Despicable act. Other animals should always be treated as close to human as possible. Let's go break his hip and leave him on the side of the road.

Edited by Denguin, 20 March 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#22 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

POPULAR

I hope you get smoked by a car. Then bystanders refuse to drive you to help due to your bleeding and you slowly bleed to death :)

#23 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

I would tear a door off your car. Then see how you want to discuss it further.

#24 CIaude Giroux

CIaude Giroux

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

I would tear a door off your car. Then see how you want to discuss it further.

::D

34pxlzl.jpg

Thanks for the sig GoaltenderInterference!

#25 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

I hope you get smoked by a car. Then bystanders refuse to drive you to help due to your bleeding and you slowly bleed to death :)

Soooo... someone should die because they wouldn't put a dying, bleeding dog in their car?
Seems legit CDC.
I don't condone the actions of this guy, but I mean you should never wish death upon someone
Posted Image

#26 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

coming from the guy who believes in karma

What comes around, goes around, Sterling.

#27 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Man I've had some experiences with dog haters so I'm protective of mine and if someone harmed him I would just beat them to the ground. My dogs clearly a more worthy candidate of society than you, asshole.
Posted Image

#28 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Some of you people are really over the top about dogs and I assume its only because you own one. Not that those rules would apply to any other animals.

#29 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Some of you people are really over the top about dogs and I assume its only because you own one. Not that those rules would apply to any other animals.

i'd protect a dog before i'd protect most people cause a good chunk of people are just pure scum, like the guy in this story

#30 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Soooo... someone should die because they wouldn't put a dying, bleeding dog in their car?
Seems legit CDC.
I don't condone the actions of this guy, but I mean you should never wish death upon someone

Well....I simply want him to receive the same treatment he intends to give to another living thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.