The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelowna SUV Driver hits dogs, refuses to take dying animal to Vet

J529

A one sided story designed to upset people, seems to be working. so the old guy had the dog on a leash and still allowed the dog to get run over? Must be hard of hearing not to hear the suv was running. Same goes for the dog. Shame it happened but I can see the drivers point.

Do you or have you ever owned a pet?

Many people love their animals. Why is that such a hard thing to understand? I have had pets all my life and I can't imagine not having one.

And what rules are you talking about? I love my 3 cats as much as I have loved my dogs. I have a 13 year old and three 11 year old kissing gouramis. Should I care less about my fish? They deserve to be cared for and respected... just like any other living thing.

The story is indeed incomplete because they eant people to be shocked and upset enough to report the guy who committed a hit 'n run.

No dog, no story. But insert the dog and now the guy is 'inhumane.'

Moral here: The value we put on human life is at an all-time low. Probably because there are too many freakin' people around.

And dogs are cute.

I grew up with my mother doing dog rescue and she has saved countless. Have had a hamster, fish, cats, dogs ect ect. They were all part of the family. Now if someone purposefully goes out and kills your dog - by all means go beat them up. But when your animal is running around oblivious to dangers and gets killed under your care, you have some responsibility.

That's one reason why I dont keep a dog. I'm realistic about caring for such a needy animal every single day. And I watch my step every day walking down the sidewalk where irresponsible dog owners leave their dogs poop sitting.

Every day all I see are huge dogs in a tiny apartments. Dog poop where it shouldn't be. Dogs off leash. Frankly most people get a dog and can't care for it properly or are unprepared.

Archived