The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Mike Babcock wants out of Detroit

UFCanuck

Well those guys wouldn't say anything bad towards the team or franchise. But we don't know what happens behind the doors. Also keep in mind its been reported that Datsyuk may play in the KHL after next season.

But I've seen Datsyuk still playing hard and he probably wouldn't play like that if he wanted his coach gone. Just speculation at this point but you would think it's inevitable that his time has to end soon

I like AV. He was a refreshing change for the team and he's done well (if not well enough to appease all).

But I also believe players eventually tune a coach out, almost all coaches, and Babcock could be the type of guy that makes a difference in the players mindset more than anything that can push them in a way that's fresh.

That said...

A Saskatchewan boy with some small ties to BC - captain of Kelowna WIngs , 82-83 .

A great coach and more.

From his NHL bio - Away from the rink Babcock is involved in several charitable causes. Most notably, he donates two tickets to each Red Wings home game to a child battling cancer and meets with him or her prior to the game. He is also a spokesperson for the Jeffrey Thomas Hayden Foundation, which was created to increase awareness about pediatric brain tumors and provide education and support to affected families.

Looks like a MG kind of acquisition :bigblush:

Right now the trade rumours are so scant that even sports center is doing a piece on St Louis on the block.

Someone might have heard Babcock complain about Detroit traffic or some BS and ran with it.

But most likely people are just making stuff up so they have something to say.

And I for one want Dallas Eakins as coach. We are going to be going into rebuild in a couple years and Eakins is the best prospect developer alive right now. Oh and by the way, he is more available then Babcock.

Archived