The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Women Reveal What Makes 'The Perfect man'

DonLever

Vancouver women reveal what makes 'The Perfect Man'

image.jpg

A body builder flexes his muscles on stage during the Mumbai Bodybuilding competition in Mumbai, Tuesday, March 22, 2011. (AP Photo/Rafiq Maqbool)

CTV British Columbia

Published Wednesday, Mar. 20, 2013 11:41AM PDT

Last Updated Wednesday, Mar. 20, 2013 11:42AM PDT

A new survey has revealed that there really is a perfect man in Vancouver, but he might be difficult to find.

The dating-auction website WhatsYourPrice.com surveyed 1,013 Vancouver women to ask them their definition of “The Perfect Man,” rating men by personality, income level, education, hair and eye colour, body type and vices.

Women across Canada were asked to rank what they thought were the most important qualities when it comes to dating a man. Vancouver was the only city that cited intelligence as a top priority.

Survey results found that Vancouver women found the perfect man as someone who earns $150,000 to $200,000 a year, is highly intelligent and has obtained a Master’s Degree.

This perfect specimen has brown hair, brown eyes and has an athletic build. When it comes to vices, Mr. Right drinks, but just casually, and doesn’t smoke.

WhatsYourPrice.com CEO Brandon Wade said women looking for partners online aren’t necessarily hung up on superficial qualities like looks and body type.

“Our study indicates that women look past profile pictures and also value certain intangibles when choosing a first date—success, intelligence, and social habits,” he said.

WhatsYourPrice.com is an online dating site where dates are bought and sold. Wade also founded a dating site specifically geared at so-called Sugar Daddy arrangements

Money , social status, good looking, someone who sounds like they have no personality.. YES sounds like my dream guy totally sign me up right now! :sick:

Forget all that shallow crap how about a guy who doesn't cheat, has a job, and likes hockey.

I only know 2 guys personally who make over $150k a year and both of them cheat constantly on their wives and have shaky marriages. I dont get the point of being so driven to have a great career if the rest of your life is a horror story. They do it. They know its wrong. They say they will change..after the next deal, the next level, the next promotion etc.

I must have married one of the few "perfect" Vancouver women. She loves living in the prairies, is intellegent, attractive, and doesn't care at all about how much money I make or my appearance (thank God). The only thing she cares about in relation to my appearance is my health. If I'm unhealthy, then she would worry. As for income, the two of us combined make $120,000 and have a perfectly happy marriage. Financially, we are better off than her family was, but much less well off than my parents were. End result, her parents are still married, while my parents divorced 9 years ago. Not saying it's because of my father's busy work schedule, but it certainly didn't help (he didn't cheat on my mother).

A highly-intelligent male, unfortunately, can sniff out a gold-digger when he sees one.

Somebody should do an experiment downtown:

Nice, polite, Male-model type, but scruffy and looks jobless.

Vs.

Fat, balding schlub walking around acting like a total jerk, but also has all the 'intangibles' that make him look like has has a large bank account.

Who gets more eye-contact on the street?

Or who gets more action from this amazing online dating service? (Or do women want to see the house and car (borrowed) first?)

This thread relates to the 'How to piss off a Vancouverite' thread very closely.

Archived