The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Women Reveal What Makes 'The Perfect man'

DonLever

Its not just a normal preference issue but a disturbing double standard when it comes to interracial dating in this town.

Basically white guys can date who they want, but guys of other races will be subject to some level of disapproval and resentment.

You guys do realise this is the PERFECT man poll right not the "minimum standards required to date him" poll. I'm sure you guys have unrealistic fantasy women too. (I give you exhibit A: the beautiful women thread.) I mean if someone were to ask me for my perfect man I'd probably say something ridiculous like he's a concert pianist with a PhD in astrophysics, has the looks of a young Brad Pitt and the charisma/ comedy stylings of Jim Carrey. But that man doesn't exist and if he did he wouldn't date me so of course that's just a fantasy. The truth once you find someone and fall in love with them they become your perfect man. (Until they break your heart but nevermind.) So don't worry all you average guys, there's plenty of average women looking for you!

Yes, brown hair and brown eyes. That leaves out practically half of the population of Vancouver who are Asian.

No wonder there is the stereotype of White women prefering White men over Asians.

You know what I mean, I don't want to open the can of worms but you see all these Caucasian men with Asian girlfriends and wives.

But a Asian man with a Caucasian women? Much rarer.

Archived