Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

- PikaBOO -

Andrew Gordon Recalled

124 posts in this topic

totally forgot about him down there didn't even think we had his rights anymore

Yikes, if we have to go that far down the depth chart, I'm afraid of what might be next! ECHL call-up?

Yikes, if we have to go that far down the depth chart, I'm afraid of what might be next! ECHL call-up?

When will people get this into their heads, he just got here. He's not ready. Accept it! :picard:

Brought him up for Kassian in NHL 13, not the fastest player but great with the puck on his stick

When will people get this into their heads, he just got here. He's not ready. Accept it! :picard:

Good thing he gets a shot and hopefully he can fill in for a few games. But man are we getting thin on NHL-regulars. Even if Gillis is saying he likes our team and what it can do, we all know, even he knows that we know... that he's lying.

Looks like the Canucks are gearing up to take a run at the Memorial Cup. I think they have a better than 50/50 chance. :bigblush:

Seriously, and despite concerns over our lack of depth, I always enjoy seeing someone who has worked hard in the minors get a chance in the big league. Hope Gordon has a good showing.

Good, Gordo deserved a call up, he has played good offensively and defensively in Chi town.

Looks like the Canucks are gearing up to take a run at the Memorial Cup. I think they have a better than 50/50 chance. :bigblush:

Seriously, and despite concerns over our lack of depth, I always enjoy seeing someone who has worked hard in the minors get a chance in the big league. Hope Gordon has a good showing.

Why is it a sign of our doom that we can call up players from our AHL team? Isn't that the definition of depth? Isn't that the point of having an AHL team? To groom your AHL players to be able to fill roles on the big club? No? Am I wrong?

No you're right, every time we have an inury or a guy missing time, we should pull the trigger on a trade or aquire unwanted contracts through the waiver-wire. We should have 30 goal-scorers and top pair d-man who are healthy scratches every night incase a regular can't go. Are you listening Ottawa? You're doing it wrong.

No one has ever been able to contribute from our AHL teams. Not Bieksa, Kesler, Hansen, Edler, Tanev, Burrows. And only Kesler from that list was a "sure-fire" NHL'er.

Plan the parade. don't know anything about him... hope he does well

I watch the Wolves regularly and I must say this doesn't surprise me in the situation we are in. Gordon is strong at both ends and for all his "baby face" (he is 27) looks he plays a physical game.

I even started a thread off months ago saying we shouldn't have let him go as he had some great qualities for the lower 6. Turned out I had got it wrong and we had kept him.

Be assured of one thing this boy leaves it all out on the ice. I like him although I don't know if he can score much at this level.