Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Andrew Gordon Recalled

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
123 replies to this topic

#31 centurion

centurion

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

When will people get this into their heads, he just got here. He's not ready. Accept it! :picard:

Yup, exactly...why waste him to be a 4th line plug

#32 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Good thing he gets a shot and hopefully he can fill in for a few games. But man are we getting thin on NHL-regulars. Even if Gillis is saying he likes our team and what it can do, we all know, even he knows that we know... that he's lying.

© 2000, 2015 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

SuomenLippu.gif

#33 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Looks like the Canucks are gearing up to take a run at the Memorial Cup. I think they have a better than 50/50 chance. :bigblush:

Seriously, and despite concerns over our lack of depth, I always enjoy seeing someone who has worked hard in the minors get a chance in the big league. Hope Gordon has a good showing.

#34 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Good, Gordo deserved a call up, he has played good offensively and defensively in Chi town.

25gxmpw.png

#35 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,919 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Looks like the Canucks are gearing up to take a run at the Memorial Cup. I think they have a better than 50/50 chance. :bigblush:

Seriously, and despite concerns over our lack of depth, I always enjoy seeing someone who has worked hard in the minors get a chance in the big league. Hope Gordon has a good showing.

Nice try at the joke, but poor execution. The Memorial Cup is for juniors where the Calder Cup is for the AHL.

Obviously a number of injuries to players that should be in our top 6 hurts. It's hard to have that much depth that you can replace losing them plus a bottom 6 center. Gordon will be fine, he just isn't likely to be great. He'll fill in and then we'll get guys back and he'll go back down.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#36 cbdoubleu

cbdoubleu

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Why is it a sign of our doom that we can call up players from our AHL team? Isn't that the definition of depth? Isn't that the point of having an AHL team? To groom your AHL players to be able to fill roles on the big club? No? Am I wrong?

No you're right, every time we have an inury or a guy missing time, we should pull the trigger on a trade or aquire unwanted contracts through the waiver-wire. We should have 30 goal-scorers and top pair d-man who are healthy scratches every night incase a regular can't go. Are you listening Ottawa? You're doing it wrong.

No one has ever been able to contribute from our AHL teams. Not Bieksa, Kesler, Hansen, Edler, Tanev, Burrows. And only Kesler from that list was a "sure-fire" NHL'er.

Edited by cbdoubleu, 21 March 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#37 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

I don't mind. I've ways wanted to see what Gordon could do
Posted Image

#38 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

tumblr_inline_mkh3paoaow1qeneek.gif

Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#39 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Plan the parade. don't know anything about him... hope he does well
2cz94w5.jpg<
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books.
THE CANUCKS ARE THE SINGLE, GREATEST SPORTS FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. GO CANUCKS GO

#40 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

I watch the Wolves regularly and I must say this doesn't surprise me in the situation we are in. Gordon is strong at both ends and for all his "baby face" (he is 27) looks he plays a physical game.

I even started a thread off months ago saying we shouldn't have let him go as he had some great qualities for the lower 6. Turned out I had got it wrong and we had kept him.

Be assured of one thing this boy leaves it all out on the ice. I like him although I don't know if he can score much at this level.

http://forum.canucks...ew-gordon-talk/

Edited by Bodee, 21 March 2013 - 02:01 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#41 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Why is it a sign of our doom that we can call up players from our AHL team? Isn't that the definition of depth? Isn't that the point of having an AHL team? To groom your AHL players to be able to fill roles on the big club? No? Am I wrong?

No you're right, every time we have an inury or a guy missing time, we should pull the trigger on a trade or aquire unwanted contracts through the waiver-wire. We should have 30 goal-scorers and top pair d-man who are healthy scratches every night incase a regular can't go. Are you listening Ottawa? You're doing it wrong.

No one has ever been able to contribute from our AHL teams. Not Bieksa, Kesler, Hansen, Edler, Tanev, Burrows. And only Kesler from that list was a "sure-fire" NHL'er.

Mostly true, but it's a question of timing and readiness. Not sure Gordon is "NHL ready". Bringing up AHL prospects before they are ready because they club doesn't have enough NHLers isn't depth, it's desperation. In the case of the last couple, mid-late 20's and still in the AHL says something about them, no?

Edited by Quoted, 21 March 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#42 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Yes. Nothing against the player, but this call-up really says a lot about the state of this team right now.

It has to be a couple game stop-gap while they try to figure out a trade or something to help rescue this season.

Queue all the guys who I doubt have ever watched a full 60 of the Wolves. I have.........often and this lad won't let us down for lack of effort. The boy is exuberance personified. He plays like a kid let free in a toy shop.
Kevin.jpg

#43 OncebeforeIdie

OncebeforeIdie

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Brought him up for Kassian in NHL 13, not the fastest player but great with the puck on his stick

Please let this be sarcasm...

#44 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,919 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Mostly true, but it's a question of timing and readiness. Not sure Gordon is "NHL ready". Bringing up AHL prospects before they are ready because they club doesn't have enough NHLers isn't depth, it's desperation. In the case of the last couple, mid-late 20's and still in the AHL says something about them, no?

So does only being called up after having 4-5 of the top 12 forwards out with injuries. If you have better depth in the AHL that far down the roster, then consider yourself very, very lucky.

#45 cbdoubleu

cbdoubleu

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Well, he's played 300+ AHL games, and significant amount of AHL playoff games. He's 27. If he's ever going to be an NHL'er, he has enough experience in any situation that he should be able to fill a role. What he does with his opportunity we will see, but it's not like he's 19 years old and just played his first season of pro hockey.

If Gillis comes out and says he's no longer looking at trading a goalie for a top forward because they have Andrew Gordon I might see that as desperation, otherwise the only desperation is on the faces of some "fans".

#46 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 25,023 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Predicting a goal from him tonight

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

inb4 "why not Jensen"

head coach of the chicago wolve's has already said that he isn't ready for the nhl yet and the canucks don't want to call him up and stunt his development.

#48 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Except that he has played almost 40 NHL games already, the same number as Sestito, 35 more than Pinizzotto, 15 more than Schroeder and just 8 less than Kassian.

In fact it is probably BECAUSE he has some decent NHL experience that he is up ahead of Sweatt who I thought might have just pipped him.
Kevin.jpg

#49 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

I really have no opinion on this. Good luck Andrew!

How has archi been playing? Didnt he come in and start scoring a ton? Just curious how close he might be to a call up or if he is still playing well?... If we take another step back and get out muscled I'd like to see what he's got. Losing Kass Booth Kesler Tito is losing alot of your edge.

#50 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,435 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

I cant say I know who he is...

I know, I've not herd of this kid either.
Posted Image

#51 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

@sportsnetmurph: Sounds like Andrew Gordon will wear number 44 for the #canucks and it doesn't sound like he'll be in Phoenix for morning skate.

The next Bertuzzi?

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#52 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Good hard working player gets he's first game as a canucks we got him at the deadline last year solid player for the wolves so far

#53 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Why move our farm club to Abbotsford when they're already in Vancouver?

Why are you so hungry for attention that most of your posts start with some controversial stuff trying to spark arguments?

Are you STILL butthurt people called you out for your old pathetic double signature gimmick?

#54 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Except that he has played almost 40 NHL games already, the same number as Sestito, 35 more than Pinizzotto, 15 more than Schroeder and just 8 less than Kassian.

In fact it is probably BECAUSE he has some decent NHL experience that he is up ahead of Sweatt who I thought might have just pipped him.

I agree he is likely the logical choice. My thinking is that if he were truly NHL calibre he would be there more already. I am sure that as a more mature player he will put in a great effort and likely perform well (hopefully, anyway). I just think these type of call ups won't be what the team needs long term.

#55 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Queue all the guys who I doubt have ever watched a full 60 of the Wolves. I have.........often and this lad won't let us down for lack of effort. The boy is exuberance personified. He plays like a kid let free in a toy shop.

Actually I have, but, still he is an AHLer. Maybe a great call-up, but not a long term solution is all that I was saying.

#56 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,919 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Actually I have, but, still he is an AHLer. Maybe a great call-up, but not a long term solution is all that I was saying.

Sure, but no one is (or shouldn't be at least) expecting him to come in and replace Booth or Kassian. Like I said before, once you have 4-5 forwards injured in your roster, you can only hope to have someone to call up that isn't an NHL liability.

Why are you so hungry for attention that most of your posts start with some controversial stuff trying to spark arguments?

Are you STILL butthurt people called you out for your old pathetic double signature gimmick?

Hey, you're the one that thinks everyone hates Raymond. :P

He was making a joke obviously.

Edited by elvis15, 21 March 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#57 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Sounds logical, however I'd like to see Jensen in NHL :)
At least this should be a energy packed game tonight, looking forward to the puck drop...
Posted Image

#58 Melons

Melons

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

You guys know that when someone says "inb4 why not [insert players name here]" that they're not actually advocating for that player to be called up right? They're pointing out that a bunch of homers are going to be whining and crying that their choice deserved a chance over the actual callup. Just checkin'.

PS I don't know why Gaunce didn't get the call. He's a stud and I want to see how he'll handle the NHL.

#59 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Sure, but no one is (or shouldn't be at least) expecting him to come in and replace Booth or Kassian. Like I said before, once you have 4-5 forwards injured in your roster, you can only hope to have someone to call up that isn't an NHL liability.

I think/thought I am agreeing. My original point was that because of the injuries and the need to make these call ups, the team needs to make some significant moves sooner than later. There's only so much you can expect from a line up that includes Gordon, Ebbet, Pinizzotto, and Schroeder all at the same time. Nothing against any of them, but making up 1/3 of the forward line-up is scary. Team1040 reported Higgins left morning skate today too (might be nothing though, of course).

#60 BabychStache

BabychStache

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

This is going to be Burrows all over again. He's never going back down.
Posted Image
Credit to Goaltenderinterference for the awesome Sig!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.