The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proud of our Players + (Petition To Deduct Mark Recchi From BC Hall of Fame)

cbones13

He belongs in the BC hall of Fane for his accomplishments on the ice. What he said about Paccoirety's injury was pretty bad but when he started trash talking the Canucks while in retirement , well that's pure, grade A douche, right there. I wouldn't waste my time on him and I m certainly not about to celebrate him.

That series was a typical "bully your way to success" story. Bruins were a great team and that tea-bagger Thomas was a beast! so not saying they didn't deserve to win, but the way they bullied their way during the game and played along with the media's propaganda that Canucks are divers & embellishers worked great for them when refs would stop calling things that they would have otherwise called had it not been the canucks receiving them.

Problem with hockey is that it's hard to draw the line between good physical play and full out goonery, and all those dinosaur traditionalists who still want to live in the 50s will always take the goonery side vs the safer more skillful side.

I wouldn't deduct Recci from the hall of fame. Most of the Bruins were and are great players. I just happen to hate their guts, which is my opinion. Just cuz they're good players, doesn't mean i have to respect them. And just because there are more Canadians on that team doesn't mean they should be treated better (we're not racists are we?!)

Guest Pinchin

I must say, I'm no fan of Dr. Recchi. Maybe we can trade his birth rights to Boston for Schneider. As long as he is considered from BC it's hard to take away his merit and justification to be in the BC Hall. However, if for some reason it happened...I would laugh and minimize his pain the way he did to Raymond when he had a broken back...just sayin'

Once Recchi was in a Bruins jersey, sorry, its over. Its too bad, but you wear that jersey you're just like the rest of those goons. Wrong place wrong time for Recchi, I hate his guts because of it, add to that he trash talked us during the series as well.

Recchi seems to have grown into more of a jerk as he aged...but I would probably require more than propaganda against the local sports team to have him ousted from the Hall of Fame.

I would save kicking people out of Halls of Fame for scumbags like:

Cap Anson

I've met him several times personally and professionally when he comes to talk with special needs kids I work with. He's actually an extremely nice guy. He's taken time out of his life to do these things and make appearances without getting anything in return. I mean I'm a bloody cretin and he's always been very nice to me.

Archived