Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nail

Andrej Sustr signs in Tampa Bay

60 posts in this topic

Oh well, I want Laganiere more anyways.

And we have alot of defensive prospects.

Gillis likely used the same pitch he did with Schultz.

"I won't promise you ice time, and I'm not going to guve you big money or many opportunities, so when you get your chances you had better do good, so...sign here?"

Likely our team wasn't on his list. Sign in west conference with insane travel, overbearing media, over zealous fans and a ton of pressure to perform immediately or sign in a place that is warm, light travel, has a great mentor, a great ex-player GM, almost no media to speak of and fans who don't know their best defenseman, let alone some kid who just signed? Hmmm that's a tough one.

Haha yeah I was gonna say tampa would be pretty badass if your single. An abundance of dolled up tanned girls down there.

he's a 6'8" young hockey player who works out and is going to be making good money, who could live in a hot location with many beaches and nightlife with countless hot and scantallly clad women about? Its kinda obvious where he's gonna sign lol

Corrado, Andersson, Tommernes, Connaution, Hutton, McNally, Price, McEneny.

Sustr is really nothing too too special anyways, there are always alot of hype for these Collage guys but most times the upside really isn't much more than players you could get through the draft. Matt Gilroy and Tyler Bozak were highly thought of Collage UFA's too. Bob Mckenzie already said this years Collage UFA crop was average at best anyways.

It surely would have been great to get him, but it's not a crushing loss.

Ffs Gillis... couldn't acquilini offer the kid a condo or smth on the side...

That's great we have lots of bodies. Only one of those guys has much upside and that is Corrado.

You always overrate young players chances of playing more than handful of games in the NHL. Having half a dozen young D doesn't stop an organization like ours' need to get good quality prospects, especially free ones with size.

Our d-man prospect depth is probably a C. Compare that to as team like Pittsburgh and tell us again how we have lots of defensemen.

That's great we have lots of bodies. Only one of those guys has much upside and that is Corrado.

You always overrate young players chances of playing more than handful of games in the NHL. Having half a dozen young D doesn't stop an organization like ours' need to get good quality prospects, especially free ones with size.

Our d-man prospect depth is probably a C. Compare that to as team like Pittsburgh and tell us again how we have lots of defensemen.

No, SK. You miss the point.

Our prospects are weak not because they aren't top picks but because they are average defensemen who are a dime a dozen. To be an NHL player you need to have 3-4 NHL quality attributes.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid that the Canucks prospects and drafting 'aren't that bad.'

Where do you think the defensive prospects of the Canucks should rank in the NHL? Name the teams below them.

Just to re-affirm your point:

Despres, Maata, Pouliot, Dumoulin, Harrington and Morrow are all better D prospects then all of our D prospects (Corrado excluded)

Lol.

Then convince me of Sustrs extreme potential.

I think you are missing that Sustr isn't better than some of what we have and that the players I listed aren't bodies. They do have NHL potential.

I guess it is easy to say that we suck at drafting when you don't pay attention. So since that's the case there is really no point trying to convince you of anything.

Those are all top 2 round picks.

Look beyond that, and tell me if there later picks are any worse than ours.

Those are all top 2 round picks.

Look beyond that, and tell me if there later picks are any worse than ours.

Well, the guy is no Justin Schultz. It's unfortunate we couldn't get him, but we let's face it, the way things are looking now, he wouldn't have gotten much ice time here.