59 replies to this topic

#31 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,569 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Ffs Gillis... couldn't acquilini offer the kid a condo or smth on the side...

Not one on the beach in Tampa.

He'll likely report to the AHL first anyway, what would he prefer: Syracuse or Chicago (or maybe Abbotsford)?

Edited by elvis15, 21 March 2013 - 04:40 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#32 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,555 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

That's great we have lots of bodies. Only one of those guys has much upside and that is Corrado.

You always overrate young players chances of playing more than handful of games in the NHL. Having half a dozen young D doesn't stop an organization like ours' need to get good quality prospects, especially free ones with size.

Our d-man prospect depth is probably a C. Compare that to as team like Pittsburgh and tell us again how we have lots of defensemen.

We haven't had top picks either, and have taken forwards with our 1st, since they were the BPA's at the time. And if you think our defensive crop is overrated cause they aren't 1st round picks or haven't made the WJ team I think you are kidding yourself.

This UFA crop is getting overrated anyways.

Danny Dekeyser is the best prospect available (No real debate) in an "Average at best" UFA year.

Jeremy Price played one more game than him and had 5 more points.

But Dekeyser is automatically better cause he is a UFA right?

These players are nothing too too special, probably the equivalent of a prospect we would draft in the 3rd - 5th rounds.

zackass.png

#33 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,761 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

POPULAR

No, SK. You miss the point.

Our prospects are weak not because they aren't top picks but because they are average defensemen who are a dime a dozen. To be an NHL player you need to have 3-4 NHL quality attributes.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid that the Canucks prospects and drafting 'aren't that bad.'

Where do you think the defensive prospects of the Canucks should rank in the NHL? Name the teams below them.

Edit: We are talking about adding a decent prospect for free....if that prospect equals a draft pick then we essentially get a free draft pick. This is simple math.

Edited by theminister, 21 March 2013 - 04:50 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#34 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,544 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

That's great we have lots of bodies. Only one of those guys has much upside and that is Corrado.

You always overrate young players chances of playing more than handful of games in the NHL. Having half a dozen young D doesn't stop an organization like ours' need to get good quality prospects, especially free ones with size.

Our d-man prospect depth is probably a C. Compare that to as team like Pittsburgh and tell us again how we have lots of defensemen.

Just to re-affirm your point:

Despres, Maata, Pouliot, Dumoulin, Harrington and Morrow are all better D prospects then all of our D prospects (Corrado excluded)
Posted Image

#35 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,555 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

No, SK. You miss the point.

Our prospects are weak not because they aren't top picks but because they are average defensemen who are a dime a dozen. To be an NHL player you need to have 3-4 NHL quality attributes.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid that the Canucks prospects and drafting 'aren't that bad.'

Where do you think the defensive prospects of the Canucks should rank in the NHL? Name the teams below them.

Lol.

Then convince me of Sustrs extreme potential.

I think you are missing that Sustr isn't better than some of what we have and that the players I listed aren't bodies. They do have NHL potential.

I guess it is easy to say that we suck at drafting when you don't pay attention. So since that's the case there is really no point trying to convince you of anything.

zackass.png

#36 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,555 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Despres, Maata, Pouliot, Dumoulin, Harrington and Morrow are all better D prospects then all of our D prospects (Corrado excluded)

Those are all top 2 round picks.

Look beyond that, and tell me if there later picks are any worse than ours.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 21 March 2013 - 04:53 PM.

zackass.png

#37 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,761 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Lol.

Then convince me of Sustrs extreme potential.

I think you are missing that Sustr isn't better than some of what we have and that the players I listed aren't bodies. They do have NHL potential.

I guess it is easy to say that we suck at drafting when you don't pay attention. So since that's the case there is really no point trying to convince you of anything.

If believing that makes you feel any better.

I have not commented on his quality as a prospect because I have not seen him play. Obviously you have many more live viewings to be able to claim your superior knowledge of his skill set.

I was refuting your claim that the Canucks have lots of NHL prospects on D. All prospects are not created equal, as ours are worse then almost every team in the NHL.

There are 120 Top-4 D jobs in the NHL, of which about 50% do not change over the course of 5 years. So, in 5 years time these players will be competing for 60 jobs, from which they will be competing with 1000 other players in their age range.

You rattle off the names of players in the Canucks system as if they mean something. They are fodder.

#38 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,761 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Why don't you answer the question?

Where the players came from is irrelevant. Their quality versus the competition is.

The Canucks farm system needs bodies. I can't believe anyone could not see that when compared to their opponents.

Edited by theminister, 21 March 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#39 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,544 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Doesn't matter where they were drafted - they are better prospects, which was theministers point.
Posted Image

#40 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Well, the guy is no Justin Schultz. It's unfortunate we couldn't get him, but we let's face it, the way things are looking now, he wouldn't have gotten much ice time here.

#41 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,555 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Doesn't matter where they were drafted - they are better prospects, which was theministers point.

Well obvisously, but that's a totally unfair comparison, which is my point.

It's like comparing Jensen to Laganiere.

Why don't you answer the question?

Where the players came from is irrelevant. Their quality versus the competition is.

The Canucks farm system needs bodies. I can't believe anyone could not see that when compared to their opponents.

Ya they are no doubt better prospects, but as I said completely unfair comparison.

And yeah against competition.

Henrik Tommernes plays 20-25+ minutes a game against men in the SEL.

Jeremy Price had a better season than top UFA prospect Danny Dekesyer against the same competiton, a prospect who is better than Andrej Sustr. So what does that mean exactly? Price >/= Dekeyser, and if Dekesyer is better than Sustr wouldn't that mean Price > Sustr?

These players are nice prospects, but really nothing substantially better than what we have, and them being UFA's and getting hype doesn't make them better.

If believing that makes you feel any better.

I have not commented on his quality as a prospect because I have not seen him play. Obviously you have many more live viewings to be able to claim your superior knowledge of his skill set.

I was refuting your claim that the Canucks have lots of NHL prospects on D. All prospects are not created equal, as ours are worse then almost every team in the NHL.

There are 120 Top-4 D jobs in the NHL, of which about 50% do not change over the course of 5 years. So, in 5 years time these players will be competing for 60 jobs, from which they will be competing with 1000 other players in their age range.

You rattle off the names of players in the Canucks system as if they mean something. They are fodder.

Alright we will see then, I'm saying our defensive prospects are better than some think, ya they don't have stud potential, but alot of NHL potential, and with the likelyness of your prospects making the NHL, that is pretty good, especially when you consider that none of them are 1st or 2nd round picks. And are all later round finds.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 21 March 2013 - 05:39 PM.

zackass.png

#42 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

It's like comparing Jensen to Laganiere.

Ya they are no doubt better prospects, but as I said completely unfair comparison.

Henrik Tommernes plays 20-25+ minutes a game against men in the SEL.

Jeremy Price had a better season than top UFA prospect Danny Dekesyer against the same competiton, a prospect who is better than Andrej Sustr. So what does that mean exactly? Price >/= Dekeyser, and if Dekesyer is better than Sustr wouldn't that mean Price > Sustr?

These players are nice prospects, but really nothing substantially better than what we have, and them being UFA's and getting hype doesn't make them better.

Alright we will see then, I'm saying our defensive prospects are better than some think, ya they don't have stud potential, but alot of NHL potential, and with the likelyness of your prospects making the NHL, that is pretty good, especially when you consider that none of them are 1st or 2nd round picks. And are all later round finds.

This.

Edited by LegitCanuck, 21 March 2013 - 05:57 PM.

2pzbeb6.jpg

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#43 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

I never even heard of this guy until a few weeks ago, and suddenly since he didn't sign here Gillis is somehow a failure because we didn't sign someone no one here knew anything about a few weeks ago. Give me a break. :rolleyes:
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#44 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,761 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

1) It's like comparing Jensen to Laganiere.

2) Ya they are no doubt better prospects, but as I said completely unfair comparison.

3) Henrik Tommernes plays 20-25+ minutes a game against men in the SEL.

4) Jeremy Price had a better season than top UFA prospect Danny Dekesyer against the same competiton, a prospect who is better than Andrej Sustr. So what does that mean exactly? Price >/= Dekeyser, and if Dekesyer is better than Sustr wouldn't that mean Price > Sustr?

5) These players are nice prospects, but really nothing substantially better than what we have, and them being UFA's and getting hype doesn't make them better.

6) Alright we will see then, I'm saying our defensive prospects are better than some think, ya they don't have stud potential, but alot of NHL potential, and with the likelyness of your prospects making the NHL, that is pretty good, especially when you consider that none of them are 1st or 2nd round picks. And are all later round finds.

1) Which is another example of the lack of depth in our system

2) Comparing prospects against other prospects is the only comparison that matters

3) Good. Let's see if he can elevate his game to the point where he has a shot at the NHL before penciling him in as a good prospect.

4) I'm not going to argue with your evaluation, it's your opinion based off of what you have found on the internet, but let's assume his value is the same a s Price.... he'd be a free 4th round pick. For an organization as weak and depleted as ours it's a no brainer to add assets.

5) You believe they're hyped based on your reading of internet reports. I think of them only as projects.

6) Why do you rate your evaluations of the same Canucks prospects so highly compared to others? What extra information do you have? The likelihood that any prospect makes the NHL is slim. Justifying it on their draft position is pointless, just as claiming it's ok not to have a system that is as good as your competitors because they make more of their draft picks than the Canucks do. The Canucks have drafted in so much different a position than the Penguins?

Edited by theminister, 21 March 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#45 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,555 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

1) Which is another example of the lack of depth in our system

2) Comparing prospects against other prospects is the only comparison that matters

3) Good. Let's see if he can elevate his game to the point where he has a shot at the NHL before penciling him in as a good prospect.

4) I'm not going to argue with your evaluation, it's your opinion based off of what you have found on the internet, but let's assume his value is the same a s Price.... he'd be a free 4th round pick. For an organization as weak and depleted as ours it's a no brainer to add assets.

5) You believe their hyped based on your reading of internet reports. I think of them only as projects.

6) Why do you rate your evaluations of the same Canucks prospects so highly compared to others? What extra information do you have? The likelihood that any prospect makes the NHL is slim. Justifying it on their draft position is pointless, just as claiming it's ok not to have a system that is as good as your competitors because they make more of their draft picks than the Canucks do. The Canucks have drafted in so much different a position than the Penguins?

1) I think you missed my point with this.

2) Alright then. Jensen > Howden, Trocheck, Rau, Knight. Do we have a better prospect pool than FLA?

3) His game is already pretty elevated if he is playing in one of the top leagues in the World. But yes lets see what happens when he comes (Hopefully) to NA next year. His experience again high end competition should serve him well.

4) I'm sure I am not the only one with that opinon. My point was that these undrafted UFA guys normally aren't anything to be too excited about, yeah I agree it is great to add to the prospect pool, but it just shows that we do have some guys who are in the same boat as him, basically if you consider Sustr a good or even decent prospect, then we already have some of those guys in Tommernes, Price, Andersson, McNally, exc.

5) No actually I don't. If you haven't noticed that alreadu with me saying that we already have players of the same quality.

6) There are alot of variables you have to consider before comparing us to the Penguins. We have traded more early round picks, and they ave drafted higher than us either way. Also you have to consider we have taken the BPA with our early picks, which has been a forward, they have done the same, and it has been a defenseman.

If the only prospects you consider actual good or even decent prospects are the ones that get alot of hype (Early round picks, WJ's exc) Then I guess alot of teams also don't have much. Although I do agree we lack star power in our prospect pool. But still.

zackass.png

#46 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Patrick Mcnally had a better season then him and Dekeyser as an 19 year old. I really wanted him, but at least he's not in the West. Our chance of landing him was 1 in 30 anyways. OH well, I am happy with the 6'6 centerman. We have a bunch of solid defencemen prospects that are much better then Dekeyser.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#47 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Didn't really expect to land this guy - these young players with the choice of where they want to go are probably going to opt to go where the opportunity is the most immediate the majority of times.

Happy with the Lain signing (I imagine the current openings at C didn't determine his decision, but probably didn't hurt).

Not going to complain that MG "only" manages to get one of his guys each go around...
Hamhius
Garrison
Tanev

Three top 6 (arguably all top 4 quality dmen) free agent acquisitions on the blueline... not bad.

#48 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,761 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

1) I think you missed my point with this.

2) Alright then. Jensen > Howden, Trocheck, Rau, Knight. Do we have a better prospect pool than FLA?

3) His game is already pretty elevated if he is playing in one of the top leagues in the World. But yes lets see what happens when he comes (Hopefully) to NA next year. His experience again high end competition should serve him well.

4) I'm sure I am not the only one with that opinon. My point was that these undrafted UFA guys normally aren't anything to be too excited about, yeah I agree it is great to add to the prospect pool, but it just shows that we do have some guys who are in the same boat as him, basically if you consider Sustr a good or even decent prospect, then we already have some of those guys in Tommernes, Price, Andersson, McNally, exc.

5) No actually I don't. If you haven't noticed that alreadu with me saying that we already have players of the same quality.

6) There are alot of variables you have to consider before comparing us to the Penguins. We have traded more early round picks, and they ave drafted higher than us either way. Also you have to consider we have taken the BPA with our early picks, which has been a forward, they have done the same, and it has been a defenseman.

If the only prospects you consider actual good or even decent prospects are the ones that get alot of hype (Early round picks, WJ's exc) Then I guess alot of teams also don't have much. Although I do agree we lack star power in our prospect pool. But still.

1) No, you missed mine. You pick the best prospect in our system to compare against a player who was never drafted and has a low upside. Draft position is irrelevant but we have interest in Laganiere because we have no depth in our system, to the point that he is better than most of the players we've drafted.

2) Only if you consider that one player outweighs a whole farm system. This is also why we need more assets. Free ones.

3) There is a whole 1/2 of the D in the AHL that have done that. Most of them will never get a sniff at an NHL job. There is a reason for that.

4) So, you claim we have enough prospects at D, right? So we won't need to draft any after the 3rd round this year, correct? So signing Kellan Lain didn't matter either? Same situation exactly.

5) Go back and read what you wrote. You were claiming I was falling victim to hype. You have no basis for that statement and that was all in your head. I have never made a statement other than that CCHA prospects are high risk.

6) If we also have made good decisions on BPA then we should have lots of available bodies to call up from our 2007-2010 picks, right? Alexander Mallet was the BPA at the 2nd tound in 2012? Rodin? Connauton?

What's that? We didn't have many draft picks in 2010? Maybe we should add a free 22 year old prospect then?

I have no problem that the Canucks didn't sign this kid. But don't act as if we don't need quantity and quality in our system because we do. The way to tell this is by how we stack up against the other 29 teams in the NHL.... poorly.

Edited by theminister, 21 March 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#49 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,555 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

1) No, you missed mine. You pick the best prospect in our system to compare against a player who was never drafted and has a low upside. Draft position is irrelevant but we have interest in Langiere because we have no depth in our system, to the point that he is better than most of the players we've drafted.

2) Only if you consider that one player outweighs a whole farm system. This is also why we need more assets. Free ones.

3) There is a whole 1/2 of the D in the AHL that have done that. Most of them will never get a sniff at an NHL job. There is a reason for that.

4) So, you claim we have enough prospects at D, right? So we won't need to draft any after the 3rd round this year, correct? So signing Kellan Lain didn't matter either? Same situation exactly.

5) Go back and read what you wrote. You were claiming I was falling victim to hype. You have no basis for that statement and that was all in your head. I have never made a statement other than that CCHA prospects are high risk.

6) If we also have made good decisions on BPA then we should have lots of available bodies to call up from our 2007-2010 picks, right? Alexander Mallet was the BPA at the 2nd tound in 2012? Rodin? Connauton?

What's that? We didn't have many draft picks in 2010? Maybe we should add a free 22 year old prospect then?

I have no problem that the Canucks didn't sign this kid. But don't act as if we don't need quantity and quality in our system because we do. The way to tell this is by how we stack up against the other 29 teams in the NHL.... poorly.

1) Exactly my point, and why it is unfair to compare Maata, Pouliot, Despres, Dumolin, Morrow to any defensive prospect we have besides Corrado

2) Yep, although it would be nice if the free ones are what you consider legitimate prospects, not projects like the ones that are available this year.

3) Alright we will see then.

4) No, it's always great to add, my point is that not getting another prospect at D, when we have alot of them at the exact same calibre, maybe a touch better. Really isn't a huge loss.

5) I never said you, read it, I said these players being UFA's and gaining hype doesn't make them better than anything we have at the same calibre, just cause they get no hype. I didn't mention you, and I understand your stance is that they are still projects either way.

6) I mean in the first round, and that shows in our number of high quality defensive prospect.

Yeah it is always nice to add more prospects, I agree and said it would have been great had we got him.

But I don't think we should act like it is a huge loss, considering we have a good amount of guys of the same calibre.

zackass.png

#50 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Who cares, he is a glorified flagpole.

If he hasn't filled out buy 22

he ain't

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#51 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Damn. I wonder how strong of a push Mike Gillis made for him.

Much like Justin Schultz theres not much you can do, teams offer the maximum for entry level deals and then it's up to the player to choose where they wanted to go... I guess he wanted the sunshine rather than the rain.

#52 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,761 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

1) Exactly my point, and why it is unfair to compare Maata, Pouliot, Despres, Dumolin, Morrow to any defensive prospect we have besides Corrado

2) Yep, although it would be nice if the free ones are what you consider legitimate prospects, not projects like the ones that are available this year.

3) Alright we will see then.

4) No, it's always great to add, my point is that not getting another prospect at D, when we have alot of them at the exact same calibre, maybe a touch better. Really isn't a huge loss.

5) I never said you, read it, I said these players being UFA's and gaining hype doesn't make them better than anything we have at the same calibre, just cause they get no hype. I didn't mention you, and I understand your stance is that they are still projects either way.

6) I mean in the first round, and that shows in our number of high quality defensive prospect.

Yeah it is always nice to add more prospects, I agree and said it would have been great had we got him.

But I don't think we should act like it is a huge loss, considering we have a good amount of guys of the same calibre.

Holy crap...

1) Why can you not get this... it is fair because their systemic depth on D is better than ours. So is almost every team in the NHL. Does it matter today? Maybe not but it will in 18 months..... which is why we should sign some kids with upside for free.

2) All young players are projects until they step foot in the NHL..... which is why we should sign some kids with upside for free.

3) Or we can add to our system and give our farm system more potential NHLers.... which is why we should sign some kids with upside for free.

4) We have a few kids but they aren't guaranteed NHLers.... which is why we should sign some kids with upside for free.

5) See #2.

6) That high quality is your evaluation, not shared by all, and not by me.... which is why we should sign some kids with upside for free.

Our conversation is not about Sustr... stop trying to make it so. He's just a kid that is getting attention from NHL Amateur scouts to me.

It's about your claim that we don't need more D prospects because 'we have lots.' That's a claim that you have yet to back up against our competition.

#53 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,971 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Patrick Mcnally had a better season then him and Dekeyser as an 19 year old. I really wanted him, but at least he's not in the West. Our chance of landing him was 1 in 30 anyways. OH well, I am happy with the 6'6 centerman. We have a bunch of solid defencemen prospects that are much better then Dekeyser.

Except Mcnally is lost in his own end, and dekeyser is a defense first defenseman.

Bring Back the Totems!

#54 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,776 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Excellent. Now they can trade Malone and Hedman to us for Schneider and Ballard.
Posted Image

#55 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Well, I said he would end up signing in either Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay. Yeah for me! I was sort of right for once!

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#56 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Lets not forget, it doesn't mean, there no chance at guys like maybe Kevin Connauton or Mcnally being very good top 4 or even a top 2 nhl dmans. Guys like Duncan Keith, Chara, Weber , were not drafted in the first rounds.

Except Mcnally is lost in his own end

Lets be fair, 19 year old freshmen struggling just a little in the NCAA college hockey? Not uncommon, on top of that, his - status more or less had to do with him being an offensive dman and logging a lot of minutes for the team. Kinda like What is happening to Edler right now and even Drew Doughty. I think by the time he was kicked out of Harvard, he was like a +3, so I think he might have improved defensively

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 22 March 2013 - 09:59 AM.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#57 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Lightning place Brian Lee on waivers to make room on the NHL roster for Sustr. Looks like they are fast tracking him

#58 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Damn. I wonder how strong of a push Mike Gillis made for him.

Assuming not too hard since he signed for minimum. I could be wrong.

#59 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,971 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Lets be fair, 19 year old freshmen struggling just a little in the NCAA college hockey? Not uncommon, on top of that, his - status more or less had to do with him being an offensive dman and logging a lot of minutes for the team. Kinda like What is happening to Edler right now and even Drew Doughty. I think by the time he was kicked out of Harvard, he was like a +3, so I think he might have improved defensively

The sample size for Mcnally was what, 2-3 games before he got the boot? All I'm saying is they play very different styles, so to compare them by points won't tell the story. Dekeyser is a shutdown defenseman with some offensive upside, Mcnally(at this point) is an offense only defenseman

Bring Back the Totems!

#60 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Meh. The reason teams fight over these college ufas is because they are closer to being NHL ready by being older and only need a little bit of seasoning in the minors.

While others can step in and play right away to fill a hole on a weaker team.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Signing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.