The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes vs Canucks

The Magician

Perhaps, but it was heading in.

One of the Coyotes tipped it wide.

I understand what you mean, but the same can be said about any player that makes a mistake.

Should we critique everyone that makes a mistake and make them accountable? Even if they make more good plays than bad?

I know, rhetorical right?

It's silly, we can't expect the team to be perfect.

We're injured to the tits right now, yet we're surprisingly putting up a good fight.

Players will make mistakes under pressure, it's natural.

I think fans should calm down and let them breath.

Congratulations Edler on your 1st NHL major. :shock:

Seriously though, positive points:

2pts in regulation

Finally a hot goalie (?)

Schroeder game winner

Hansen point streak 11games (I think)

And........ nobody got injured.

Congratulations Edler on your 1st NHL major. :shock:

Seriously though, positive points:

2pts in regulation

Finally a hot goalie (?)

Schroeder game winner

Hansen point streak 11games (I think)

And........ nobody got injured.

Im a little bit worried with this lineup against LA..hopefully Higgins can come back. I don't believe Kassian is available to be back until the tue game because of being place on IR. Schneider was fantastic once again, the type of goaltending we saw last season. We'll need him on Sat.

Factors of in or wide, and touch or no touch are not relevant. I believe we can agree on this (yes?).

My point is that Henrik made a poor choice on that play. Perhaps it was because he believed he had a very good chance of scoring, and if the play resulted in an icing he was confident that he could win the faceoff ( as Kevin B. suggests). It could also be that he was feeling the pressure of not contributing to the team scoring and he wanted to get a goal to get that ol' monkey off of his back.

He should have put it off the boards and tried to kill the clock.

regards,

G.

Factors of in or wide, and touch or no touch are not relevant. I believe we can agree on this (yes?).

My point is that Henrik made a poor choice on that play. Perhaps it was because he believed he had a very good chance of scoring, and if the play resulted in an icing he was confident that he could win the faceoff ( as Kevin B. suggests). It could also be that he was feeling the pressure of not contributing to the team scoring and he wanted to get a goal to get that ol' monkey off of his back.

He should have put it off the boards and tried to kill the clock.

regards,

G.

Actually, as two of the top players in the league they should be averaging a goal a game. To clarify, I don't necessarily mean one of them should be SCORING a goal a game, but creating, whether one of them scores or they both assist on a goal. I mean, that's what point-per-game players are, right? They're players who average a point a game. I don't see what the problem is...

That being said, i do see your point that the Sedins shouldn't have to carry the team every game. That tweet by Canucks Army about them not factoring into ANY scoring chances on the night is a bit disturbing though. Whatever the case, they have to be better than that. They were awful tonight, no if's and's or but's about it.

No. It was a good shot, and because it went off a stick it went wide. The fact that it went off the stick should have negated the icing.

Give the guy some credit. He had the time and space to shoot the puck properly, it was not a reckless shot at the net. Get that straight. This was not a fourth liner with hands of stone taking a chop at the puck.

Yes, I can agree that dumping it up the boards would have been a "safer" play, but giving them a 2 goal cushion was well worth that "risk". Risk is in quotes because there wasn't much of one.

Maybe read that faint sig at the bottom of my posts, the one about "following the Canucks before Don Cherry played here". Then go and work out an approximate age. :P

I don't see there being anyting wrong with pointing out that Sedin made a poor choice on that play. Had Phoenix scored on the following play would we all be talking about how Henrik made the right choice in taking a shot at the net, or would we be asking why didn't he make the safe play and do a dump into the Coyotes zone?

regards,

G.

Archived