#61 Display Name

Display Name

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

yo

Edited by Display Name, 21 March 2013 - 10:04 PM.

Believe in Schneider.

#62 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

If Higgy and Kassian are still hurt next game AV should totally play Ballard as LW again. :lol: Tanev is a stud! So does anyone know what spot we are in now?

Tied with Minny again, apparently.

#63 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Can fans like you pay attention to positive plays over the negatives? It was one mistake. The team itself isn't flowing right now.
It was one mishap, if you didn't notice, he bailed the defense out on the Doan breakaway.

Well, in that regard, why the heck did Henrik put that puck straight down the ice trying to score on the empty net? Yes, the Canucks won. Had the Coyotes tied the game on the following face-off, and then perhaps won the game in OT or in a shoot-out, how happy would be?

It was a bad play by Henrik, regardless of whether or not the Phoenix player touched it.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#64 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,932 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Did they just win a game with 50% of their forward group injured? Lol

CanucksArmy@CanucksArmy 1m

Sedin twins didn't factor into a single Canucks scoring chance tonight, and the team still won with the patchiest of patchwork 3rd lines.

Seriously, Schneider was great again. Just stealing games right now. Hopefully he can steal Sat's game as well -they'll need him with all the injuries.

Good team win, especially by the Wolves. #TanmanForNorris

#65 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Tied with Minny again, apparently.

we are in 5th now as minni has the tie breaker with more wins in regulation

#66 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

file:///Users/Clearskys/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202013-03-21%20at%209.58.05%20PM.png

You may want to upload your file here, or someplace similar, and link from there: http://imgur.com/

#67 tvars

tvars

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Not the prettiest win, loved it though!! Schneids stole that game in stretches and way to step up D and block some shots!

#68 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,557 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Damn you Valk.

He always has that sick grin whenever Taylor is about to ask him a question lol

zackass.png

#69 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

didn't watch but sounds like the new guys showed up big! tanev, schroeder, and schneid!!
Posted Image

#70 Pavelinden

Pavelinden

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Gary...Gary you dropped your chicken burger

#71 Manktown

Manktown

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I love the faces Lappy makes.Posted Image

Edited by Manktown, 21 March 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#72 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Well, in that regard, why the heck did Henrik put that puck straight down the ice trying to score on the empty net? Yes, the Canucks won. Had the Coyotes tied the game on the following face-off, and then perhaps won the game in OT or in a shoot-out, how happy would be?

It was a bad play by Henrik, regardless of whether or not the Phoenix player touched it.

regards,
G.

Looked like it would have been a goal if the player hadn't touched it, and since the player DID touch it it shouldn't have been an icing. It was a relatively low risk, moderately good reward play that ended up in the worst possible situation (an icing) that really didn't hurt us one bit in the end. Also consider that Henrik knows when he makes that play that if it's an icing, he has to take the faceoff. If anything, take it as him having the confidence that he can win that faceoff if he needs to.

Edited by Raiun, 21 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#73 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

I was not expecting the Ballard Weise Ebbett line to play as well
as they did. They actually played really decent tonight. :)

go nucks go :towel: :towel:

#74 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Twins need to produce soon, we can't rely on Hansen's line every night...Ballard looked comfy playing a forward and ginger just stole that game for us.

#75 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Posted Image

Also "road to glory" doesn't really work there because Schroeder is not pronounced that way...

blame it on the interns

#76 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Glad the Canucks got the win. When they've been struggling like they have, and when they've lost a ton of guys to injury like they have, the wins are all that count, no matter how they get them. That being said, it's always a pain to see the top guys be such non-factors. Was really hoping the Sedins would lead the way with a couple points tonight. On the flip side, Schneider gave the team the kind of elite goaltending that we now expect of him and it was good to see two young guys - Tanev and Schroeder - provide the G's.

Looking forward to the Kings on Saturday.

Sedins lead us through the way year after year lol they started the scoring last game as well. Not their job to average a goal per game when there's 20 other players on the club that can chip in once in awhile.

Edited by Kesbomb, 21 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#77 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

regards,
G.

I think Henrik is at least 85% in that situation and from that distance if he chooses to pull the trigger.

He can't factor in missed calls by the ref, and I'll take 0.85 x immediate insurance goal and 0.15 x defensive zone face-off over the odds of the outcomes if he hangs onto the puck and stalls.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#78 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

blame it on the interns

I'm counting every minute that the error is on the site. It will come out of their theoretical salary.

#79 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

we are in 5th now as minni has the tie breaker with more wins in regulation

So its possible that we can still catch/pass Minny and re-claim 3rd.

w1dzz8.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#80 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

regards,
G.

Perhaps, but it was heading in.
One of the Coyotes tipped it wide.

I understand what you mean, but the same can be said about any player that makes a mistake.
Should we critique everyone that makes a mistake and make them accountable? Even if they make more good plays than bad?

I know, rhetorical right?
It's silly, we can't expect the team to be perfect.
We're injured to the tits right now, yet we're surprisingly putting up a good fight.
Players will make mistakes under pressure, it's natural.
I think fans should calm down and let them breath.
Posted Image

#81 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

So its possible that we can still catch/pass Minny and re-claim 3rd.

whatever team gets the most points in the remaining 17 games gets the 3 seed

oilers are right there in the rearview mirror as well,
should be a race right to the playoffs

#82 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,365 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Boring game (aren't they all lately?) but big 2 points for us

Glad we were able to keep the Coyotes to only one goal. Whenever a struggling team plays us we seem to give them all sorts of momentum. I was thinking they were gonna score 5 on us or something and then we'd look bad lol.

Great game by the kids - Tanev and Schroeder. I liked Barker's game as well.

Ballard played good as a fwd. Though I must admit I freaked a few times when I saw #4 up there because it looked like he was pinching from the point lol

Great game by Schneider. Rebound control was solid and made some big saves

Edler's hit on Smith was a bit silly. I guess he had momentum and didn't slow up. Maybe he tried to squeeze by and ended up ramming right into him? Either way, didn't think it deserved a major.

Good win considering the circumstances.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#83 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#84 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Looked like it would have been a goal if the player hadn't touched it, and since the player didn't touch it it shouldn't have been an icing. It was a relatively low risk, moderately good reward play that ended up in the worst possible situation (an icing) that really didn't hurt us one bit in the end. Also consider that Henrik knows when he makes that play that if it's an icing, he has to take the faceoff. If anything, take it as him having the confidence that he can win that faceoff if he needs to.

Yeah, it all worked out and the team won. It was a bad play on his part. He should not have tried to score on that play.

It doesn't matter if he has the confidence in his abilities to win the faceoff. It was a bad play.

We should expect him to lead by example and make the safer play of just putting it off the boards and down the ice to kill most, if not all of the remaining time on the clock.

regards,
G.

#85 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Glory to Cory...keep playing like you are, Lou will indeed be 2.

#86 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

The kids came through :towel: Not the prettiest win but a W is a W

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#87 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

I think Henrik is at least 85% in that situation and from that distance if he chooses to pull the trigger.

He can't factor in missed calls by the ref, and I'll take 0.85 x immediate insurance goal and 0.15 x defensive zone face-off over the odds of the outcomes if he hangs onto the puck and stalls.

I'm not sure where you get your figures from, but sure I'll agree Henrik is good. It doesn't excuse that his choice was a poor one regardless of whether there was a blown call. Off the boards and into the Phoenix zone was the sensible/safer play rather than giving them one more faceoff in the Canucks' zone.

regards,
G.

#88 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

Sedins lead us through the way year after year lol they started the scoring last game as well. Not their job to average a goal per game when there's 20 other players on the club that can chip in once in awhile.

Actually, as two of the top players in the league they should be averaging a goal a game. To clarify, I don't necessarily mean one of them should be SCORING a goal a game, but creating, whether one of them scores or they both assist on a goal. I mean, that's what point-per-game players are, right? They're players who average a point a game. I don't see what the problem is...

That being said, i do see your point that the Sedins shouldn't have to carry the team every game. That tweet by Canucks Army about them not factoring into ANY scoring chances on the night is a bit disturbing though. Whatever the case, they have to be better than that. They were awful tonight, no if's and's or but's about it.

Edited by NuxFan09, 21 March 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#89 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Mike Smith divin'

#90 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,497 posts

Yeah, it all worked out and the team won. It was a bad play on his part. He should not have tried to score on that play.

It doesn't matter if he has the confidence in his abilities to win the faceoff. It was a bad play.

We should expect him to lead by example and make the safer play of just putting it off the boards and down the ice to kill most, if not all of the remaining time on the clock.

regards,
G.

Shhhh. Shhhh. Hush now. Your mom let you stay up to watch the game, now you need to go to bed or you'll be too tired for school tomorrow.

Edited by nateb123, 21 March 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Keswho.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.