The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes vs Canucks

The Magician

Boring game (aren't they all lately?) but big 2 points for us

Glad we were able to keep the Coyotes to only one goal. Whenever a struggling team plays us we seem to give them all sorts of momentum. I was thinking they were gonna score 5 on us or something and then we'd look bad lol.

Great game by the kids - Tanev and Schroeder. I liked Barker's game as well.

Ballard played good as a fwd. Though I must admit I freaked a few times when I saw #4 up there because it looked like he was pinching from the point lol

Great game by Schneider. Rebound control was solid and made some big saves

Edler's hit on Smith was a bit silly. I guess he had momentum and didn't slow up. Maybe he tried to squeeze by and ended up ramming right into him? Either way, didn't think it deserved a major.

Good win considering the circumstances.

Looked like it would have been a goal if the player hadn't touched it, and since the player didn't touch it it shouldn't have been an icing. It was a relatively low risk, moderately good reward play that ended up in the worst possible situation (an icing) that really didn't hurt us one bit in the end. Also consider that Henrik knows when he makes that play that if it's an icing, he has to take the faceoff. If anything, take it as him having the confidence that he can win that faceoff if he needs to.

I think Henrik is at least 85% in that situation and from that distance if he chooses to pull the trigger.

He can't factor in missed calls by the ref, and I'll take 0.85 x immediate insurance goal and 0.15 x defensive zone face-off over the odds of the outcomes if he hangs onto the puck and stalls.

Yeah, it all worked out and the team won. It was a bad play on his part. He should not have tried to score on that play.

It doesn't matter if he has the confidence in his abilities to win the faceoff. It was a bad play.

We should expect him to lead by example and make the safer play of just putting it off the boards and down the ice to kill most, if not all of the remaining time on the clock.

regards,

G.

Yeah, it all worked out and the team won. It was a bad play on his part. He should not have tried to score on that play.

It doesn't matter if he has the confidence in his abilities to win the faceoff. It was a bad play.

We should expect him to lead by example and make the safer play of just putting it off the boards and down the ice to kill most, if not all of the remaining time on the clock.

regards,

G.

Im actually pleasantly surprised by how well weise has been playing, there also seems to be a much more consistent effort from our end now. Cory definitely deserved that first star, played a very solid game and the D looked better than it has in a while.

Solid effort from the new kids, glad to see some secondary scoring. Great win guys

Archived