The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes vs Canucks

The Magician

I prefer to watch him lead by example and make an effort to put the game out of reach in the dying seconds rather than make the safe play that could turn around and wind up in our own net. It wasn't like he wildly flung the puck down the ice, he settled it, took his time, and make a shot. The ONLY reason it missed the net was because it hit a stick, which should have negated the icing.

I would agree with you if he hadn't even looked where he was shooting and just taken a wild slapshot, but don't kid yourself. he knew that puck was going in the net if he took the shot. It is not that hard to score from there on an empty net, and these guys aren't beer league players.

I don't see there being anyting wrong with pointing out that Sedin made a poor choice on that play. Had Phoenix scored on the following play would we all be talking about how Henrik made the right choice in taking a shot at the net, or would we be asking why didn't he make the safe play and do a dump into the Coyotes zone?

If he had scored, then great. I can't speak for all, but i think we are basing our critic on the decision, not on the result but regardless of it.

I mean i get what you're saying, sometimes you have to gamble.

Actually, more on the possibility that the decision could have had a negative result.

Asking "What if he had scored" is just as valid as saying "What if they had scored off the faceoff after the icing".

Was there a safer play that would have been a better "decision"? Yeah, sure. But, "What if he had dumped it to center ice, and the Coyotes had skated back in and scored?" There was enough time on the clock for that.

So yeah. This argument holds absolutely no water.

Congratulations Edler on your 1st NHL major. :shock:

Seriously though, positive points:

2pts in regulation

Finally a hot goalie (?)

Schroeder game winner

Hansen point streak 11games (I think)

And........ nobody got injured.

Archived