Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

Smith should be the one with the hearing

intent to hurt Danny's face with hand

Intent to hurt Edler's shoulder with face.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#92 Guest_Pinchin_*

Guest_Pinchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

If Lucic wasn't suspended then Edler should DEFINITELY not be suspended.

That argument holds no weight, Lucic should have been suspended for multiple games, he got off because the league had a Boston bias for the last couple years. Edler manned up and responded to a team that was taking liberties with our best players, he can handle whatever punishment Shanny dishes out.

#93 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Edler will get at least a game.....
This is why the league hates on Canadian teams, especially the Canucks... what can ya do bout it

Edited by lappy40, 22 March 2013 - 08:37 AM.

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSTHS

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#94 darnucks

darnucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Anyone thinking he's not going to get suspended for this has the homer glasses on, IMO. If that happened to Lu or Schneids, we'd be calling for his head on a pike.

Actually no I wouldn't, I'd be pissed off at Lu or Schneider for not getting out of the way, I hate it when they come out to play the puck.Turco was always a prime example of how many liberties goalies take with the puck when they're outside of their crease.
I mean really, how often does a goalie stopping the puck behind his net really help the play whether it's for offense or defense? More times, it screws up the flow of the play from the players then anything else. It's a stupid rule, and that hit would have never garnered a phone call hearing if it was a skater so why a hit on a Goalie outside of his crease be any different.

#95 pibroch

pibroch

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Is it illegal to hit the goalie in the trapezoid? I always thought it was. If it is illegal Edler should get a suspension. If it's not illegal then it should be and Edler should not get a suspension.

#96 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't have much faith in Shanny and the NHL at this point. Less consistency than the refs. Rick Nash, as of this posting, has yet to be called to task for his elbow/head shot on Kopecky last night.

IMO Edler was trying to squeeze by Smith along the boards and follow the puck but wasn't really going to avoid contact. 5-min major was penalty enough.

edit:

Edited by Vicky, 22 March 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#97 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

That argument holds no weight, Lucic should have been suspended for multiple games, he got off because the league had a Boston bias for the last couple years. Edler manned up and responded to a team that was taking liberties with our best players, he can handle whatever punishment Shanny dishes out.

Miller wasn't in the goalie safe zone, I hate Lucic but that was actually awesome.

Smith is what you call a preditory victim.
Almost like the guy that tries to hurt himself to sue someone or go on workmans comp.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#98 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

The goalie got injured in sedins crash not edlers hit. Wake up! He almost went to bench with a arm type injury after sedin crashed him. When edler crashed into him smith was involved in the scrum.
If edler gets suspended because of an injury on another play...
"Oh, and torts is an amazing coach, a father figure type
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#99 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

...As long as you guy the puck first...

That made me laugh

#100 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

It's not because he got injured. So maybe that's why no one is "saying or noticing"

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#101 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

It's not because he got injured. So maybe that's why no one is "saying or noticing"

In the bigger thread they are saying smith left ice and didnt return because of hit. Some ade saying its bs like the hossa incident trying to garner anti canuck pr
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#102 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

The goalie got injured in sedins crash not edlers hit. Wake up! He almost went to bench with a arm type injury after sedin crashed him. When edler crashed into him smith was involved in the scrum.
If edler gets suspended because of an injury on another play...

Yeah he got tweaked on the Dank hit and milked it on the Edler hit but Shanny will only use 1 eye on the wheel of joke.

#103 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,790 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Yeah, Lucic's hit was miles worse than Edlers. By that guidline, Edler shouldn't get anything.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#104 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

C'mon Nuck fans, that should easily be worthy of a game or 2. I don't want him to, but it's almost certain he will.

It's not like these suspensions teach the players anything anyway. Not when bruins get to do whatever they want.

It's black and white, that trapezoid is designed to protect a goalie as smith clearly displayed with his performance.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#105 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

That made me laugh

I really gotta start proof reading.. I'm from northern bc, not Germany lol

I think I tried to delete and write something else but totally failed haha

#106 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Does anyone really care if he gets suspended for a few games? Edlers been a total plug this year.

#107 darnucks

darnucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Whant noone is saying or nioticing about this thread......do we really need another one about Edler's hit?

#108 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Does anyone really care if he gets suspended for a few games? Edlers been a total plug this year.
No worse than just about all the d-men at times this year.

#109 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Laughable

#110 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

While that is true, id rather a coach sits him to teach him instead of being forced out by shanaban

#111 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,720 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

So was Edler supposed to just stop as he's skating full speed behind the net on a forecheck? What a joke :sadno:

Basically my thoughts.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#112 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Nice try, but history proves otherwise.

Fine, when has a Canuck player been suspended simply because they were a Canuck?
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#113 Cobra!

Cobra!

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Miller wasn't in the goalie safe zone, I hate Lucic but that was actually awesome.

There is no "goalie safe zone" the rule only states that there shall be no intentional body contact on a goaltender, whether he is in or out of the crease. Lucic should have been suspended.

#114 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Yeah, Lucic's hit was miles worse than Edlers. By that guidline, Edler shouldn't get anything.

Can't really use the Lucic non-suspension as an arguement. The GM's met after that to address protecting goalies and mandated bigger punishment for hits on goalies. There have been a number of suspensions for hits on goalies since the Lucic hit that were far less serious than Lucic's.

#115 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Can we somehow merge all these Edler threads?

#116 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,232 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

That was a bad call in my opinion. It is a penalty, he does hit Smith and it doesn't matter if it's outside the crease, but it's not a charge. I'm not upset that they're reviewing it, but will be if there's anything more than a fine considering the suspensions (or lack thereof) that we've seen in the past for contact with goalies.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#117 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

Can we somehow merge all these Edler threads?

Need. Moar. Edler. Threads.

#118 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

Yeah he got tweaked on the Dank hit and milked it on the Edler hit but Shanny will only use 1 eye on the wheel of joke.

I was 20 feet from the Hit by Edler on Smith....it was a HUGE check with no attempt at avoidance. To say he milked is pure bull crap from an idiot. Smith is about as competative as it comes. Had he been able, he would have started the 3rd period. Stop talking out of your ass and be realistic.

#119 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Edler shouldn't get anything. He had his head down going for the puck. The play happened so fast that you can't really balk at him for not coming to a complete stop. Same thing with the Kane video.

Stop messing around Smith.

0au3Jj.gifhuntersmalll.jpg

#120 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,427 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

I was 20 feet from the Hit by Edler on Smith....it was a HUGE check with no attempt at avoidance. To say he milked is pure bull crap from an idiot. Smith is about as competative as it comes. Had he been able, he would have started the 3rd period. Stop talking out of your ass and be realistic.

Since you were that close did it look like Smith procrasinated on purpose in order to block Edler from going after the puck. It sure looked like he played the puck and deliberately took up all the space behind the net so the larger Edler could not get by and retrieve the puck. Edler definitely hit him though so no arguing the penalty but I hate when goalies do that. They should be fair game if that happens imo.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.