The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Jagr

Lets just trade away our talented young players and chase after old has-beens. So many BAD decisions from management make me wonder how we ever got to the finals in the first place. Never get Jagr every team would want him just a waste of time.

I don't see the value most of you do. I am a huge Jager fan he was my biggest Hockey Idol when I was a kid but common he's a playoff rental, that is it one run and done. If at best Booth is worth a second I would also say so is Jags. "Its a deep draft" I keep hearing. There is a good chance that that 2nd could end up having a solid nhl career infront of him. I wouldn't pay more.

I don't see the value most of you do. I am a huge Jager fan he was my biggest Hockey Idol when I was a kid but common he's a playoff rental, that is it one run and done. If at best Booth is worth a second I would also say so is Jags. "Its a deep draft" I keep hearing. There is a good chance that that 2nd could end up having a solid nhl career infront of him. I wouldn't pay more.

Jagr is just what we need.

Any current Canuck would kill to have Jagr on their line.

The real question is what does Dallas want?

For cap management, we are fine this year but need to look at next year too.

Players like Jagr give us more options for next year.

We could try to get Jagr without giving up too much youth (no Gaunce, Jensen, 1st round pick, et cetera), and maybe dump a longer-term higher-cap hit contract like Ballard's.

So maybe Luongo or Ballard, for example and prospects we have given up on (perhaps Rodin, Sauve, whatever Dallas thinks they want in this group).

umm dude.

4 other teams passed on him, do you have any clue as to why? especially when everyone knew he was the best player in the draft?

oh ya thats right

bc Czech was still communist country (until 1989). and no one knew when they could get him out. Ivan Llendl the famous czech tennis player assisted pittsburgh through his connections. there was risk for anyone drafting him.

now you've learned something

Archived