Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janisahockeynut

Value of Canuck Talent

7 posts in this topic

What is the value of some of our players? That is my question! Please answer only in draft picks. These are my players and what I value them as. If you have someone else, please put them on the end of your post, with their value. (Edit: Top 3 protected)

Schneider= 2 firsts and a second

(Young solid goalie, who can steal games, top five when the old ones retire for sure)

Luongo= 1 first and a second

(3 or 4 good seasons left in a all-star goalie....devalued by 1- first round pick because of contract)

Edler= 2 first and a third

(All star Offensive D-man, huge potential if nastier)

Ballard= 1 second and a third

(Versitile, offensive upside d-man, but let's not get carried away)

Higgins= 1 second

(Dependable, solid, third liner)

Raymond= 1 second and a third

(Versitile, fast, inconsistant second liner,with defensive capabilities, potential upside)

Schroeder= 2 seconds and a third

(Risky to move, potential upside 2 line center, small, needs to improve faceoffs to increase value)

Booth= 1-second and a third

( Good upside, unlucky, injury prone, second liner)

These are players mentioned on CDC as tradable, or I would trade them, but obviously not all.

How do you value them,in terms of draft picks?

Just to know the stats......50 to 60 % of 1st Rounders make a carreer of the NHL

25% of 2nd rounders

12% of 3rd rounders and beyond make it

This is a really difficult thing to do because all picks in a round are not equal.

If you say Schneider is worth "2 firsts and a second" and the 1st rounders are both in the top 5, well... Great deal. If the 2 1st rounders are in the 25-30 position, maybe not so much.

Also, IMO, most of your Canuck's proposals are overvalued in the Canucks favor. It's easy to do this when you are a die hard fan of the team.

By the looks of the Phoenix game maybe Ballard would be of more value as a forward! :P

This is a really difficult thing to do because all picks in a round are not equal.

If you say Schneider is worth "2 firsts and a second" and the 1st rounders are both in the top 5, well... Great deal. If the 2 1st rounders are in the 25-30 position, maybe not so much.

Also, IMO, most of your Canuck's proposals are overvalued in the Canucks favor. It's easy to do this when you are a die hard fan of the team.

Please, at 27yo, Schneider is not a young goalie anymore.

he is 2 years away to become a 29yo UFA.