The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of Canuck Talent

What is the value of some of our players? That is my question! Please answer only in draft picks. These are my players and what I value them as. If you have someone else, please put them on the end of your post, with their value. (Edit: Top 3 protected)

Schneider= 2 firsts and a second

(Young solid goalie, who can steal games, top five when the old ones retire for sure)

Luongo= 1 first and a second

(3 or 4 good seasons left in a all-star goalie....devalued by 1- first round pick because of contract)

Edler= 2 first and a third

(All star Offensive D-man, huge potential if nastier)

Ballard= 1 second and a third

(Versitile, offensive upside d-man, but let's not get carried away)

Higgins= 1 second

(Dependable, solid, third liner)

Raymond= 1 second and a third

(Versitile, fast, inconsistant second liner,with defensive capabilities, potential upside)

Schroeder= 2 seconds and a third

(Risky to move, potential upside 2 line center, small, needs to improve faceoffs to increase value)

Booth= 1-second and a third

( Good upside, unlucky, injury prone, second liner)

These are players mentioned on CDC as tradable, or I would trade them, but obviously not all.

How do you value them,in terms of draft picks?

This is a really difficult thing to do because all picks in a round are not equal.

If you say Schneider is worth "2 firsts and a second" and the 1st rounders are both in the top 5, well... Great deal. If the 2 1st rounders are in the 25-30 position, maybe not so much.

Also, IMO, most of your Canuck's proposals are overvalued in the Canucks favor. It's easy to do this when you are a die hard fan of the team.

This is a really difficult thing to do because all picks in a round are not equal.

If you say Schneider is worth "2 firsts and a second" and the 1st rounders are both in the top 5, well... Great deal. If the 2 1st rounders are in the 25-30 position, maybe not so much.

Also, IMO, most of your Canuck's proposals are overvalued in the Canucks favor. It's easy to do this when you are a die hard fan of the team.

Archived