Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Value of Canuck Talent

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

What is the value of some of our players? That is my question! Please answer only in draft picks. These are my players and what I value them as. If you have someone else, please put them on the end of your post, with their value. (Edit: Top 3 protected)

Schneider= 2 firsts and a second
(Young solid goalie, who can steal games, top five when the old ones retire for sure)

Luongo= 1 first and a second
(3 or 4 good seasons left in a all-star goalie....devalued by 1- first round pick because of contract)

Edler= 2 first and a third
(All star Offensive D-man, huge potential if nastier)

Ballard= 1 second and a third
(Versitile, offensive upside d-man, but let's not get carried away)

Higgins= 1 second
(Dependable, solid, third liner)

Raymond= 1 second and a third
(Versitile, fast, inconsistant second liner,with defensive capabilities, potential upside)

Schroeder= 2 seconds and a third
(Risky to move, potential upside 2 line center, small, needs to improve faceoffs to increase value)

Booth= 1-second and a third
( Good upside, unlucky, injury prone, second liner)

These are players mentioned on CDC as tradable, or I would trade them, but obviously not all.
How do you value them,in terms of draft picks?

Edited by zcaptain, 22 March 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#2 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

So we are rebuilding?
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#3 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Just to know the stats......50 to 60 % of 1st Rounders make a carreer of the NHL
25% of 2nd rounders
12% of 3rd rounders and beyond make it

#4 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

This is a really difficult thing to do because all picks in a round are not equal.

If you say Schneider is worth "2 firsts and a second" and the 1st rounders are both in the top 5, well... Great deal. If the 2 1st rounders are in the 25-30 position, maybe not so much.

Also, IMO, most of your Canuck's proposals are overvalued in the Canucks favor. It's easy to do this when you are a die hard fan of the team.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#5 AllCanucksAllTheTime

AllCanucksAllTheTime

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

By the looks of the Phoenix game maybe Ballard would be of more value as a forward! :P

THIS:

Lecavalier had a terrible season and was flamed into submission for his poor play.

Yet, only 1 player on the Canucks scored more goals than him. That 1 player had 5 more goals (6 more points) but played 8 more games, averaged 6 and a half more minutes of ice a game, and took 107 more shots on net.

Kind of speaks volumes to how ugly the Canucks play was this past season.

#6 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

This is a really difficult thing to do because all picks in a round are not equal.

If you say Schneider is worth "2 firsts and a second" and the 1st rounders are both in the top 5, well... Great deal. If the 2 1st rounders are in the 25-30 position, maybe not so much.

Also, IMO, most of your Canuck's proposals are overvalued in the Canucks favor. It's easy to do this when you are a die hard fan of the team.

Yes, I agree with you somewhat, but there has to be some risk on the other team, as my second post points out, draft picks are not a sure thing....even first's over all......remember the year the Sedin's were picked #2 and #3......who was the first pick that year? Honestly, I don't think I over valued much, if at all, but that is why I am asking, if you guys will give me your answers maybe I'll take it to the HB Boards with our answers......just a thought

PS,if you check to see what signing a RFA costs per contract dollar, I don't think I am that far off at all.......but lets hear your values. Thanks for the imput...worth thinking about it! Cheers

Edited by zcaptain, 22 March 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#7 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Please, at 27yo, Schneider is not a young goalie anymore.
he is 2 years away to become a 29yo UFA.
Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.