Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strombone1

Edler Suspended

Breaking_Header.jpg

@NHLPlayerSafety: Alexander Edler suspension video: http://t.co/EV6SgSonhB

@VanCanucks: Statement from @GMMikeGillis on Alex Edler - http://t.co/M2sBKy0JkE #Canucks

---------

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

2. Most asked question of day: How can Alex Edler get 2 games for mowing down Mike Smith when Milan Lucic got zip for takin out Ryan Miller?

Love easy questions. This one is a lay-up. Because, after @NHLShanahan didn't suspend Lucic, GMs told him in no uncertain terms he erred

Lucic-Miller happened days before GMs meeting last year. Result was much higher sensitivity to goalie interference for most of last season.

Edler suspension was no brainer, open/shut case based on rules and GM-instructed emphasis. You may think goalies fair game but they're not.

Blessing in disguise. He's been awful this season and has earned 2 games in the pressbox for numerous mental mistakes.

He probably deserves the suspension, question is why were certain other players (Lucic, Nash) not suspended for worse hits?

AND LUCIC GOT HOW MANY FOR RUNNING MILLER?

HOW MANY DID NASH GET FOR THAT HIT LAST NIGHT?

Joffrey Lupul puts it best.

"If someone can explain the decisions on what warrants a suspension and what doesn't, please let me and the rest of guys know." -

If someone can explain the decisions on what warrants a suspension and what doesn't, please let me and the rest of guys know..

— Joffrey Lupul (@JLupul)

Not surprised at all. Only thing I don't like is that worse hits don't get anything. Nash should definitely have a hearing. If not, I'd actually want to hear the Canucks complain about that, because that's just not right.

Too bad his last name isn't Lucic. He would just receive the "You were a bad, bad, boy" speech and be allowed to skate merrily away.

#11 for Phoenix comes in targeting Elders head after the hit. Shanny is becoming a disgrace to the NHL. The bias is disgusting when you look at recent hits not even fined. The hit was worth a 2 or 5 minute penalty but a 2 game suspension harms the image of the NHL as no reasonable person could conclude that the discipline is consistant - fair - or reasonable