The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler Suspended

Strombone1

So Shanahan recognizes there was no malicious intent - then why does he still get 2 games?

I realize that Shanahan pointed to the specifics of the rule, that Edler doesn't "make a reasonable effort to avoid such contact"... but where was Edler supposed to go? He was already along the boards and when he realizes Smith isn't moving, he tries to squeeze past him. Obviously that failed as he ended up bringing down Smith.

If Shanahan concludes that there was no intent - then he should have also figured that Edler most likely did make an effort to minimize contact. Plus he tags on 'INJURY' like he always does for suspensions which is the dumbest thing ever. Suspend the act and the intent - not the outcome.

2 games for that shiet?!

Where did Shanaban think Edler should've went in that play?

So to protest this decision, the Canucks should give Shanaban a reason to suspend a Canuck.... Pinozotto needs to lay Poughty out tommorow!

suck it up and move on.

we all knew nhl is not on nux side.

the important thing is to see how the D core pulls together. Perhaps ballard back in or alberts?

Edler's play has be so so of late anyway, nux can still win without him

I'm glad it's not a forward that we lost.

Cross poster from the other thread:

I like how obviously trying to squeeze between Smith and the endboards to retrieve the puck somehow isn't an attempt to minimize contact. He didn't line him up and nail him, he was going for the puck and Smith was in his way. What's he supposed to do? Totally abandon the play and stop on a dime?

Archived