The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler Suspended

Strombone1

If that hit is deammed to be a suspendable hit, then I have lost all respect for Shanny and this Whole joke of an inconsistant league. Shanny would have had his ass chewed out, for not hitting the goalie harder in his playing days. The refs wouldn't have even considered it a penalty. Sorry Canucks I will not be a part of this comedy club of a league anymore. No wonder cheerleading competitions are more popular in the USA, there is more contact allowed. The NHL will never be in the same class, as the NFL, NBA, or MLB until the clowns running this league figure it out. There is no consistancty with anything.

What's a penalty? No one knows anymore. The players are always looking back to see if a call has been made. How is one hit on a goalie suspendable and anouther not?

No Consistantcy. No Support

I'm done

what would be awesome is if the Canucks showed clips on the Jumbotron of Mike Smiths "collisions" before the next game the Ceyotes play in Vancouver. Then repeat one of them at every whistle.

Also get the "Make Some Noise" voice to yell "Watch Out Mike" every time he leaves his crease.

You know we would get fined but it would be worth it.

Failing that the Fans should chant the "watch Out Mike" next game

If this inconsistency persists, Shanahan should be replaced.

I'm getting sick of all the controversy in sports, not just in the NHL.

I'm trying to see how I would feel if it were the other way around. I think I would have been yelling at my screen to just see one of our goalies start leaving the net with players coming in. But I dont know how I would feel if the hit happened. It's a on the fence thing. Edler was right in the area when Smith leaves his net and Edler does squeeze the boards but he does still make contact and if the shoe were on the other foot I might be a little mad. Then again would it just be"homer glasses"in that situation as well as this one. Tough call.

Edler deserved the suspension. But let me get this straight.... Lucic can run Miller, and its perfectly fine? Sure. Then there's the Nash incident last night, and there wasn't even a hearing. When you're 6 foot 4 and you jump I guess you aren't targeting the head.... Ok.... The Lupul gets suspended for 2 games, fair suspension but what about Nash? I wonder where Shanahans magical spinning wheel on what to do with suspensions is at.

yeh but I heard on the radio that the hit on miller the first time by lucic was a "first time" incident so shannahan let it go but it happened again by tootoo and that's when shananhan decided to send a message by giving him a 2 game suspension, the same as Edler.

I couldn't believe he initially got 5 minutes, and I really can't believe that he got two games. Total victim of circumstance. I might have biased vision, but I saw Edler cruising through, unable to get around Smith, not wanting to necessarily stop in his tracks because he's a defenseman 200 feet from his own end, and tries squeezing by while making complete contact with Smith.

The sad part in all of this is that Edler now has a 'record'. The next time anything questionnable happens and gets reviewed, particularly in the playoffs, when Edler is known to drop the BOOM, they'll consider his 'record' in any decisions. LAME

Archived