Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Edler Suspended

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
279 replies to this topic

#271 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

FOR WHAT ?!?!?

Oh come on now! You've got to be a total homer not to think that was a vicious hit on the goaltender. 2 games seems fair. I'm just suprised it wasn't 10-15 games though seeing as how terrible the officiating has been this year.

#272 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Vancouver is one of the bigger markets and bigger revenue-makers. Even the NHL effed that one up!

I think what McSorely meant was big US Markets. The Canadian teams do and will get screwed over time and again because the league knows that the fans are hooked like addicts to crack and will keep coming back no matter what.

#273 butcher99

butcher99

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Smith has pulled this crap before. Goes out hangs onto he puck then waits to get hit. With all hose pillows he is wearing he will not get hurt and the opposing team gets penalized. Do a YouTube search for hits on smith behind the net. You will find other examples. I say run him every time and take your lumps.

#274 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,482 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Oh come on now! You've got to be a total homer not to think that was a vicious hit on the goaltender. 2 games seems fair. I'm just suprised it wasn't 10-15 games though seeing as how terrible the officiating has been this year.

Vicious? Are you sure hockey's your sport? If that was "vicious", what on Earth do you call what Lu had to contend with in the past?....always uncalled I might add. How about Henrik, and the constant shots to the head that he's been subjected to (again - uncalled)? No homerism, just facts.

So when our players are protected like some who put themselves in the way of the play, then we'll talk.

This goaltender has a history of this....so, perhaps, he needs to re-examine his position? And stay near his net if he isn't going to be aware of his surroundings floating around out there in lala land?

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#275 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Vicious? Are you sure hockey's your sport? If that was "vicious", what on Earth do you call what Lu had to contend with in the past?....always uncalled I might add. How about Henrik, and the constant shots to the head that he's been subjected to (again - uncalled)? No homerism, just facts.

So when our players are protected like some who put themselves in the way of the play, then we'll talk.

This goaltender has a history of this....so, perhaps, he needs to re-examine his position? And stay near his net if he isn't going to be aware of his surroundings floating around out there in lala land?

What?

Constant headshots to Henrik? I disagree with the other guy too, but i've never seen Henrik constantly getting "headshotted".. Honestly i don't think people watch games outside of the Canucks. Crosby takes just as much crap from other players, if not more than Henrik. But no, Henrik is not always getting shots to the head.. Yes he takes abuse all the time, but that's what you get for being such a terrific player.

Luongo has also never had to deal with hits or anything like that. Besides Byfuglien single-handedly ruining his playoffs by being a good hockey player and using his size very effectively, I don't ever remember Luongo getting hit or run over besides like once every like 15 games. Unless you count snow showers as "abuse" or whatever..

Posted Image

#276 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Shanahan is a nut.

#277 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Best thing that ever happened to Edler and AV. Gets to sit a few games without actually being benched, like he should be.
jersey collection.jpg

#278 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Posted this in another thread but I think it's relevant here also.

Doesn't anyone find it strange that the NHL felt compelled to create and post a supplementary discipline video for a play that DIDN'T require supplementary discipline?

Bravo NHL...Bravo!!!

Edited by MJDDawg, 25 March 2013 - 06:17 PM.

4X5ed5z.gif

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#279 rotiman187

rotiman187

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hopefully Edler is refreshed, we need more from him in both zones.
Posted Image

#280 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

The NHLPA/players should also be able to challenge the NHL and it's lack of consistency in its disciplinary actions hence its negligence in protecting the safety of the players, and demand something be put in place that can challenge the leagues disciplinary methods. It is the union's mandate to protect it's members. Too many players get knocked out of the game while the perpetrator simply may or may not be reprimanded. The union should be able to challenge this. Alternatively, the union should also be able challenge suspensions that takes a player out of the game when the "victim" doesn't skip a beat and is back on the ice the next day without injury. As someone has proposed, it should be eye for an eye. Perpetrator/victim should be out for equal number of games.

Edited by Mauii, 25 March 2013 - 11:17 PM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.