The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler Suspended

Strombone1

Why are we so shocked? Edler is a Canuck and Smith is A coyote .. you know the team that Bettman's NHL owns.........yeah... there was no way that Edler wasn't going to be suspended. Does he deserve it? No I don't think so, yes he ran into him, and yes he didn't try to stop but come on whee was he suppose to go. Plus you kow there is no consistency around the NHL for these kind of hits. If EVERY player was suspended for running the goal tender then I would just accept this with grace but nope asking for fair officiating is just to much for the NHL. I am super annoyed over this!

Cross poster from the other thread:

I like how obviously trying to squeeze between Smith and the endboards to retrieve the puck somehow isn't an attempt to minimize contact. He didn't line him up and nail him, he was going for the puck and Smith was in his way. What's he supposed to do? Totally abandon the play and stop on a dime?

I agree with the suspension, prob shoulda been 1 game. Let's not confuse Shanahan's insanely inconsistent discipline with the truth: Edler made a stupid play and injured their goalie. We'd expect a suspension too if it happened to one of our goalies.

I'm actually not terribly upset Edler is out of the lineup for a bit, his D-pay makes me cringe this season. Maybe it'll give him time to reflect on his game a little bit.

Edler deserved the suspension. But let me get this straight.... Lucic can run Miller, and its perfectly fine? Sure. Then there's the Nash incident last night, and there wasn't even a hearing. When you're 6 foot 4 and you jump I guess you aren't targeting the head.... Ok.... The Lupul gets suspended for 2 games, fair suspension but what about Nash? I wonder where Shanahans magical spinning wheel on what to do with suspensions is at.

I agree with the suspension, prob shoulda been 1 game. Let's not confuse Shanahan's insanely inconsistent discipline with the truth: Edler made a stupid play and injured their goalie. We'd expect a suspension too if it happened to one of our goalies.

I'm actually not terribly upset Edler is out of the lineup for a bit, his D-pay makes me cringe this season. Maybe it'll give him time to reflect on his game a little bit.

Wow....this was an unintentional hit - careless yes - but it wasn't a Lucic type hit. Edler hasn't been suspeneded before - no different than Hansen on Hossa. Should have been 1 game. Then again, how can us fans expect any consistency in the NHL? Lupul 2, Nash 0, Edler 2. I see a pattern...I guess if Sedin had done it, it would be 0...

Edler deserved the suspension. But let me get this straight.... Lucic can run Miller, and its perfectly fine? Sure. Then there's the Nash incident last night, and there wasn't even a hearing. When you're 6 foot 4 and you jump I guess you aren't targeting the head.... Ok.... The Lupul gets suspended for 2 games, fair suspension but what about Nash? I wonder where Shanahans magical hat is, on what to do with suspensions is at.

brendan shanahan had lost all credibility to me now... The thing that pisses me off most isn't that lucic play from last year but how the frack do you miss Rick Nash's dirty hit??? You wanna make this league safer get some consistency.... This is a joke and so is shanahan

Archived