The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler Suspended

Strombone1

Cross poster from the other thread:

I like how obviously trying to squeeze between Smith and the endboards to retrieve the puck somehow isn't an attempt to minimize contact. He didn't line him up and nail him, he was going for the puck and Smith was in his way. What's he supposed to do? Totally abandon the play and stop on a dime?

I said that Edler should have been sitting a couple games because of how poorly he was playing. Not like this though.

Now he has this on his record, so if he has any questionable hits in the future he'll be more likely to get suspended.

I stand corrected. I would have put money on hearing him saying those stupid words. Would be out money. Maybe i'm just so used to hearing him saying it that I thought I heard it haha, you needn't have been rude about it. (oh wait I did sound rude myself, I'm sorry.)

I certainly understand thinking you heard those words because it does seem like he says it about 50 times in every suspension video, just not this one. Which makes the 2 games for what even Shanahan admits is without ill intent all that much more perplexing given the context of deliberate head hits...

Sorry if you thought I was rude. Just pissed off and tired of people painting our guys out to be vicious head hunters when they're not, you know?

As I posted over at Pass it to Bulis, again (just like in the Hansen case), the problem here on out is there Edler’s now a repeat offender as per the DDoS. Any supplemental discipline will be elevated because of a bonehead decision that Shanahan, Blake, the Wheel of Justice, et al made.

Normally I hate to accuse guys of diving since we tend to do this far too much when it is clearly not the case. In this case though it really looked like Smith may have embellished the impact of the hit and it's damn hard to give a guy like the him the benefit of the doubt after what he pulled in the playoffs last year against Chicago.

lol if you needed any more proof that Colin Campbell and the Bruins were blowing eachother here it is. Lucic gets nothing for annihilating Miller further outside crease and AFTER the puck is gone when Campbell is in charge but Edler gets 2 games for a much less severe hit now that Shanny is in charge.

No, no were are on the same side here. Hmm, yes. Really, so was the only reason he got 2 games cause Smith was hurt? cause i'm pretty sure he got hurt on the danny thing over that. Why wouldn't they take that into consideration before saying he was hurt? I think I should stop trying to understand the NHL and it's workings. It's like trying to understand the reason to life.

lol if you needed any more proof that Colin Campbell and the Bruins were blowing eachother here it is. Lucic gets nothing for annihilating Miller further outside crease and AFTER the puck is gone when Campbell is in charge but Edler gets 2 games for a much less severe hit now that Shanny is in charge.

Archived