The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis : Im mad as hell and im Not going to take this anymore!

John Tortorella

This is not a trade thread.. or a fire AV thread. This is about my team and my love of hockey.

I am asking Mike Gillis to please stand up to the NHL and their consistency in serving their players. As I am a student I cant afford much, but I will donate 20$ to Canucks place or to Mike Gillis's lost salary due to the fine he would receive. This mockery has gone on long enough

I have no problem with Edler being suspended or Hanson being suspended if it was the normal thing to do. But when players from other more NHL favoured organizations like Lucic's hit on Miller or Nashs high hit as of recent get brushed under table it really makes me reconsider my love for the game. I want equality, I want fairness. I need hockey in my life, it is what makes me go, but this has really gone to far. I feel like im watching WWE and everything is staged at some times. I want to believe its not anti Canucks or anti Canadian teams but it really is hard to think otherwise

Like I said, the suspension is warranted as a former goalie being run sucks and you have no ability to defend yourself at most times, yet the inconsistency of NHL and Shanahan in particular have really pissed me off.

I WILL DONATE $20 TO CANUCKS PLACE AND TO GILLIS'S SALARY IF YOU SPEAK UP AND FIGHT FOR THIS INJUSTICE. Pull a Rosa Parks. Its the only way for change. Thank you.

A Canucks and More so Hockey Fan.

This is not a trade thread.. or a fire AV thread. This is about my team and my love of hockey.

I am asking Mike Gillis to please stand up to the NHL and their consistency in serving their players. As I am a student I cant afford much, but I will donate 20$ to Canucks place or to Mike Gillis's lost salary due to the fine he would receive. This mockery has gone on long enough

I have no problem with Edler being suspended or Hanson being suspended if it was the normal thing to do. But when players from other more NHL favoured organizations like Lucic's hit on Miller or Nashs high hit as of recent get brushed under table it really makes me reconsider my love for the game. I want equality, I want fairness. I need hockey in my life, it is what makes me go, but this has really gone to far. I feel like im watching WWE and everything is staged at some times. I want to believe its not anti Canucks or anti Canadian teams but it really is hard to think otherwise

Like I said, the suspension is warranted as a former goalie being run sucks and you have no ability to defend yourself at most times, yet the inconsistency of NHL and Shanahan in particular have really pissed me off.

I WILL DONATE $20 TO CANUCKS PLACE AND TO GILLIS'S SALARY IF YOU SPEAK UP AND FIGHT FOR THIS INJUSTICE. Pull a Rosa Parks. Its the only way for change. Thank you.

I'm sure Gillis will be eternally grateful for this staggering amount. Must be hard for him to put food on the table with such an insultingly low salary, so he will be ecstatic that a generous stranger has decided to help him turn his life around. Truly difficult to wrap my head around a number so large.

I gaurantee you Gillis has voiced his frustration with the inconsistancy. However, the media isn't necissarily the most appropriate place to do so.

Just because you havn't seen him losing his mind doesn't mean he isn't behind the scenes with the league.

Yes. really. What other option does Gillis have to motivate the league and it's officials from behaving an a remotely acceptable manner?

And given the standard of officiating going on, I'm not so sure other teams' fans wouldn't appreciate the fact that someone finally took a stand.

The most that Gillis can respond with without getting hugely fined:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=661619

You can tell that he's frustrated as hell. And I don't blame him. But him ripping on the league isn't going to help anybody. Gillis making a scene isn't going to change anything. And not that I care what other teams think, this would cement the Canucks=whiners thoughts in everyone's minds.

Everyone in the NHL is furious with the league right now. Managers, coaches and players have all called out the refereeing already and Lupul just blasted the league for getting suspended for a Rick Nash-like hit.

Everyone is aware, especially the league, of their inconsistency. Someone just needs to talk about how it's affecting the "integrity of the league" and they'll take notice. That's their one touchy subject that they don't like being attacked because it lowers them in comparison to the other big leagues around the world.

Right now there is little integrity in this league, someone just needs to say it and cop the fine.

The most that Gillis can respond with without getting hugely fined:

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=661619

You can tell that he's frustrated as hell. And I don't blame him. But him ripping on the league isn't going to help anybody. Gillis making a scene isn't going to change anything. And not that I care what other teams think, this would cement the Canucks=whiners thoughts in everyone's minds.

I'm sure Gillis will be eternally grateful for this staggering amount. Must be hard for him to put food on the table with such an insultingly low salary, so he will be ecstatic that a generous stranger has decided to help him turn his life around. Truly difficult to wrap my head around a number so large.

Archived