Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Mike Gillis : Im mad as hell and im Not going to take this anymore!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

This is not a trade thread.. or a fire AV thread. This is about my team and my love of hockey.

I am asking Mike Gillis to please stand up to the NHL and their consistency in serving their players. As I am a student I cant afford much, but I will donate 20$ to Canucks place or to Mike Gillis's lost salary due to the fine he would receive. This mockery has gone on long enough

I have no problem with Edler being suspended or Hanson being suspended if it was the normal thing to do. But when players from other more NHL favoured organizations like Lucic's hit on Miller or Nashs high hit as of recent get brushed under table it really makes me reconsider my love for the game. I want equality, I want fairness. I need hockey in my life, it is what makes me go, but this has really gone to far. I feel like im watching WWE and everything is staged at some times. I want to believe its not anti Canucks or anti Canadian teams but it really is hard to think otherwise

Like I said, the suspension is warranted as a former goalie being run sucks and you have no ability to defend yourself at most times, yet the inconsistency of NHL and Shanahan in particular have really pissed me off.

I WILL DONATE $20 TO CANUCKS PLACE AND TO GILLIS'S SALARY IF YOU SPEAK UP AND FIGHT FOR THIS INJUSTICE. Pull a Rosa Parks. Its the only way for change. Thank you.

A Canucks and More so Hockey Fan.

Edited by RomeForCaptain, 22 March 2013 - 06:41 PM.

"Oh, and torts is an amazing coach, a father figure type
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#2 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,398 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

It's time to strike back. Clinch a playoff spot and refuse to play in a road game during the regular season (preferably one on national TV) Make sure the league is aware of the reason behind this.

Hit Bettman where it hurts.

Edited by AV's Replacement, 22 March 2013 - 06:44 PM.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#3 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts

If you want Gillis to say what is truly on his mind, you might have to pay a little more than $20.

I might be able to help you with that, though. ;)

Edited by Brad Marchand, 22 March 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#4 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,967 posts

$20 could go to more beer, so no.

Lol at yet another non-event crusade here though.
Posted Image

#5 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

K
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#6 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

This is not a trade thread.. or a fire AV thread. This is about my team and my love of hockey.

I am asking Mike Gillis to please stand up to the NHL and their consistency in serving their players. As I am a student I cant afford much, but I will donate 20$ to Canucks place or to Mike Gillis's lost salary due to the fine he would receive. This mockery has gone on long enough

I have no problem with Edler being suspended or Hanson being suspended if it was the normal thing to do. But when players from other more NHL favoured organizations like Lucic's hit on Miller or Nashs high hit as of recent get brushed under table it really makes me reconsider my love for the game. I want equality, I want fairness. I need hockey in my life, it is what makes me go, but this has really gone to far. I feel like im watching WWE and everything is staged at some times. I want to believe its not anti Canucks or anti Canadian teams but it really is hard to think otherwise

Like I said, the suspension is warranted as a former goalie being run sucks and you have no ability to defend yourself at most times, yet the inconsistency of NHL and Shanahan in particular have really pissed me off.

I WILL DONATE $20 TO CANUCKS PLACE AND TO GILLIS'S SALARY IF YOU SPEAK UP AND FIGHT FOR THIS INJUSTICE. Pull a Rosa Parks. Its the only way for change. Thank you.

I'm sure Gillis will be eternally grateful for this staggering amount. Must be hard for him to put food on the table with such an insultingly low salary, so he will be ecstatic that a generous stranger has decided to help him turn his life around. Truly difficult to wrap my head around a number so large.

Edited by etsen3, 22 March 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#7 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,398 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

POPULAR

I'm sure Gillis will be eternally grateful for this staggering amount. Must be hard for him to put food on the table with such an insultingly low salary, so he will be ecstatic that a generous stranger has decided to help him turn his life around. Truly difficult to wrap my head around a number so large.

Classy of you to rip on the guy for the small amount when he clearly explained why he couldn't afford more in the same post.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#8 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

I gaurantee you Gillis has voiced his frustration with the inconsistancy. However, the media isn't necissarily the most appropriate place to do so.

Just because you havn't seen him losing his mind doesn't mean he isn't behind the scenes with the league.
Posted Image

#9 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

It's time to strike back. Clinch a playoff spot and refuse to play in a road game during the regular season (preferably one on national TV) Make sure the league is aware of the reason behind this.

Hit Bettman where it hurts.

Wow really and give them even more reasons
the league and Media would have a riot with this one and spin it so hard that the nucks would be hated even more by fans, media, teams, players, CANADA, and the refs . But i would enjoy seeing it if it was like right after puck drop the team just stood there let them score and skate off the ice but i would never happen .
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#10 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,398 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yes. really. What other option does Gillis have to motivate the league and it's officials from behaving an a remotely acceptable manner?

And given the standard of officiating going on, I'm not so sure other teams' fans wouldn't appreciate the fact that someone finally took a stand.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#11 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

The most that Gillis can respond with without getting hugely fined:

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=661619

You can tell that he's frustrated as hell. And I don't blame him. But him ripping on the league isn't going to help anybody. Gillis making a scene isn't going to change anything. And not that I care what other teams think, this would cement the Canucks=whiners thoughts in everyone's minds.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#12 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Everyone in the NHL is furious with the league right now. Managers, coaches and players have all called out the refereeing already and Lupul just blasted the league for getting suspended for a Rick Nash-like hit.

Everyone is aware, especially the league, of their inconsistency. Someone just needs to talk about how it's affecting the "integrity of the league" and they'll take notice. That's their one touchy subject that they don't like being attacked because it lowers them in comparison to the other big leagues around the world.

Right now there is little integrity in this league, someone just needs to say it and cop the fine.
Posted Image

#13 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

You can tell that he's frustrated as hell. And I don't blame him. But him ripping on the league isn't going to help anybody. Gillis making a scene isn't going to change anything. And not that I care what other teams think, this would cement the Canucks=whiners thoughts in everyone's minds.

It doesnt matter wether he makes a scene or not, we'll always be looked as whiners in the rest of the leauge eyes.

There was his chance to stand up for the team and he took the 'classy' route... as if it will change anything.

#14 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

You clearly have a low self-esteem if you have the need to say things like this.

#15 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

fans can do something like mock shanny every game

#16 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

... I want equality, I want fairness.
... Pull a Rosa Parks. Its the only way for change. Thank you.

You say you're a student, so let's say I'm confident you're younger B)

May I suggest that you brace yourself for injustice in all aspects of your life - it's one of the few guarantees you have. Try not to take things too seriously - you need to pick your battles and be realistic.

Sports - I used to be a soccer die-hard fan. For years, I was able to tell you who scored every single goal in World Cup tournaments, and approximately when and how. I got tired of miserable refereeing (you think you have that in hockey? - think again), that included goals that were scored and not allowed because ... the referees did not see the ball cross the line. No video reviews. So believe it or not, hockey has been a breath of fresh air, although not perfect. It's all relative, you see.

Games are played by humans and refereed by humans, so they are intrinsically flawed. Moreover, there are many interests at play, some that you may never know about or understand. Enjoy your favorite sport one as much as you can and try to avoid heart attacks by finding ways to make fun of injustice. Share a laugh with your friends and you'll be fine.

Save your $20 and buy a stranger a couple of beers during a game. You'll feel much better.

#17 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,991 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#18 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Just a die hard.

#19 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Well, it's certainly a better idea than starting another Luongo vs. Schneider thread.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#20 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

If you're this mad, go complain to him on twitter ;)

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSFHL

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#21 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

The GMs/Owners as a collective unit should have a means to challenge the disciplinary actions of the NHL or lack thereof through an impartial arbitrator/regulator. Teams could challenge that the league is not properly protecting the players with its inconsistent disciplinary actions and something should be put in place/system to ensure the safety of the players are being properly and appropriately employed.

Edited by Mauii, 23 March 2013 - 09:28 AM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#22 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

HA too funny.

As a canuck fan I'm used to it by now so just take a chill pill and move on. Trust me and you'll save that 20 $ in the procese lmao
Posted Image

#23 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Enjoy wanting a Cup for the 20 that i have and knowing we will never win one.
"Oh, and torts is an amazing coach, a father figure type
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#24 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Are you really that mad? Lol. I don't even give a $hit. I just care how my team performs on the ice, and given Edlers struggles of late, I think we'll be just fine without him.
Posted Image

#25 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Part of me thinks this is indeed the right thing to do and to press on, but part of me so badly wants me for him to speak out like he did during the last Chicago series.

Everyone knows Shanny and the NHL have consistency issues, no one in the league wants to speak out.

#26 Parhar7

Parhar7

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Sackless. He earns enough that a fine is nothing to these guys

#27 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,773 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

relax

#28 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'm right there with you bud, i'll go and get my wallet......Oh wait i have to pay rent and eat, sorry nothing left.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#29 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

can you canucks fan stop whining

he hit the freaking goaltender obviously he was going to be suspended

hahaha u learn from your team hahha the team whines on the ice and guess what now u fans whine tooo

edler deserved to be suspended quit being babies about it

Edited by yete, 22 March 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#30 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,398 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Posted Image
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.