The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Chicago Wolves @ Peoria Rivermen - 3/23/13, 5:05PM PST

NuxFan09

Two main complaints with this game.

1. Haydar/Sterling are put on the ice for long shifts every other shift. That's BS, develop our damn prospects Arniel.

2. Why is Vandermeer on the PP over Price? Price actually looks like he might have top 4 potential.

Two main complaints with this game.

1. Haydar/Sterling are put on the ice for long shifts every other shift. That's BS, develop our damn prospects Arniel.

2. Why is Vandermeer on the PP over Price? Price actually looks like he might have top 4 potential.

I realize it's been discussed ad nauseum so I apologize in advance, but I'm really hoping Gillis dumps this affiliate. It's just pathetic how anemic the Wolves are and it's because they want to ice so many plugs on AHL contracts. I'm not necessarily saying the Canucks' prospects could do much better, but they should at least get more of an opportunity to do so.

Honestly, without Climie I bet the Wolves are a bottom feeder team. He's a big reason they're in a playoff position. He's a workhorse and his 2.38 GAA and .921 Save% are stellar considering the amount of games he has to play. Cannata has also been great when they actually give him the nod.

The Wolves are on their 3rd PP but not doing much with it. They really miss Schroeder and Ebbett, two natural centers who can pass the puck and make plays. They really help the Wolves play more of a puck possession game. Right now, it seems to me that long periods of possession are rare because nobody can seem to handle the puck and make plays.

Jensen just pulled off a nice little drag move to avoid a Rivermen defenseman in the slot and get a good shot off and then got another chance trying to bang it in but McKenna just wouldn't let it in. Now Sterling takes a double minor - one for roughing and one for unsportsmanlike conduct. In all likelihood, that's game.

At least that's the final meeting between these two teams. I've been lurking other teams' boards and have read that nobody really likes playing the Rivermen. Apparently they mirror their parent team (St. Louis) when it comes to being a dull, trap team.

Archived