PEO Regner 3 (Nesbitt, Cracknell)(PP) 10:41

2nd period scoring:

No scoring.

3rd period scoring:

PEO Cracknell 16 (Hensick, Regner) 9:43

PEO Nesbitt 23 (Hensick, Cracknell)(EN) 18:56

Three Stars: (1) PEO Mike McKenna, (2) PEO Adam Cracknell, (3) PEO Brent Regner

NEXT GAME: vs Milwaukee Admirals - Sunday March 24, 2013 - 1:00PM PST

Good question. They called him up from the K-wings cause he was one of their best offensive players at the time.

I'm not seeing much out of him that screams top 6 center.

I don't see why Mallet wouldn't be called up. He's playing pretty good right now.

What's promising is that Vancouver's prospects are all looking pretty good individually but they're ultimately not getting the results because the team is so bad. If Vancouver does buy a farm team to call their own, all these players that are looking promising on their own - like Jensen, Andersson, Price and Blomstrand, and the couple guys in the ECHL like Mallet and Grenier - will get increased responsibility and have the opportunities to be difference makers for the team, rather than extras, which is what they seem like on the Wolves right now.

Look at Grand Rapids' farm team. Their top 6 (when the Red Wings are healthy and not using guys from the farm) is:

Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist

Mursak - Sheahan - Pare

^ 5 of those 6 guys were drafted by the Red Wings. Then, in their bottom 6, they have guys like Ferraro, Jurco and Aubry, all of whom were also drafted by the Red Wings. Now, you have to draft really well to form almost an entire AHL roster out of drafted prospects but this also shows the willingness of the Griffins to give prime responsibilities to Red Wings hopefuls.

One jealous Canucks fan right here.

Right now I think the main problem is the lack of center depth, forcing the Wolves to use guys like Kattelus and Schneider in scoring roles. Turns out Friesen wasn't ready for the AHL, and Mallet needed to play big minutes so the only other real option when Schroeder or Ebbett aren't there is Longpre, who hasn't been scoring much this year. It's unfortunate.

Without good C's your scoring wingers like Jensen and Archibald have nothing to work with. It was a bit of a problem last season and this year it's just been even worse.

Right now I think the main problem is the lack of center depth, forcing the Wolves to use guys like Kattelus and Schneider in scoring roles. Turns out Friesen wasn't ready for the AHL, and Mallet needed to play big minutes so the only other real option when Schroeder or Ebbett aren't there is Longpre, who hasn't been scoring much this year. It's unfortunate.

Without good C's your scoring wingers like Jensen and Archibald have nothing to work with. It was a bit of a problem last season and this year it's just been even worse.

Assuming we get someone new, hope this can be our top 6 next year:

Sweatt - AHL center - Archibald

Grenier - Mallet - Blomstrand

Lain and Freisen somewhere in the bottom 6, with AHL vets and 2013 draftees perhaps, maybe Myron can crack the AHL. This is also assuming Jensen makes the big club.

Andersson - Connauton

Corrado - Tommernes

Sauve - Polasek

Price

Move Price in and out of the lineup, keep everyone playing

I'm sure Gillis will draft at least one guy who goes striaght to the A, and I don't expect any other prospects to make the move.

Assuming we get someone new, hope this can be our top 6 next year:

Sweatt - AHL center - Archibald

Grenier - Mallet - Blomstrand

Lain and Freisen somewhere in the bottom 6, with AHL vets and 2013 draftees perhaps, maybe Myron can crack the AHL. This is also assuming Jensen makes the big club.

Andersson - Connauton

Corrado - Tommernes

Sauve - Polasek

Price

Move Price in and out of the lineup, keep everyone playing

I'm sure Gillis will draft at least one guy who goes striaght to the A, and I don't expect any other prospects to make the move.

Archived