The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1-0 Kings

Mad Cow Disease

Why doesnt a guy like Penner get suspended for a brutal boarding penalty that has the potential to paralyze someone? Really, what is worse...That or what Edler did. Not to mention he only got 2 minutes for that...Laughable.

Or how about the crosscheck to the neck of a downed Sedin. Not to beat a dead horse but the disciplinary in this league is hilariously terrible.

Impressive win against the Stanley Cup Champions. It would be nice to score a few more goals though. I wish we still had Cody Hodgson, at least he can put the puck in the net. He is right up there with Henrik in scoring while Kassian is producing like a 'give it more time' prospect.

Alberts was our biggest body most of the night. Big hits, Kings bouncing off him, shoving them not just off the puck but off their feet. We had tons of easy zone exits because of Alberts. And for all those apparent giveaways, I think you're imagining things. We had 5 giveaways all game.

A guy who picks his spots to only fight certain guys on the other team, generally the non fighter type guys. To be fair, Bieksa really kind of is one a lot of the time. Stalberg, Kostopolous (still actually laugh how that turned out as a spot picking scenario), etc. Bieksa is tough as nails but he doesn't really go outside his weight class very often.

Well said nate. Alberts did handle the puck like a grenade at times, but he also delivered the biggest hits of the night and was able to handle the Kings' bigger forwards down low.

When you're playing a team with the size of LA, you sometimes have to live with a lack of footspeed and puckhandling ability, in order to make sure you don't get pushed around in your own zone.

BTW, I think Schneider played very well yesterday, however, these comments of "godly" and "standing on his head" are bit over the top, IMO. The one great save that I saw was the cross crease shorthanded chance for the Kings. The Alberts giveaway that resulted in a chance for Richards had nothing on it and hit Cory right in the logo. The other good chances were in too close (like the Penner chance) for the opposition to do much but bang away at it.

For my money, Schneider was better against Phoenix. He was very good yesterday, but overall team defense deserves some credit for that shutout as well.

Archived