Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

[PGT] Canucks 1-0 Kings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
209 replies to this topic

#181 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Secret to Canucks victory no Edler Kes or Booth there really dragging this team down. B)

Edited by honey badger36, 23 March 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#182 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

13 shots, pathetic.

Shutdown hockey what do you expect.
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#183 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

Off topic here....but why do people bring their babies to hockey games???? :rolleyes:

I do it all the time I have a one year old. There are just some things baby sitters can't do I tried it once and my girl was screaming all night I had to leave the game early to put her to bed. So now I bring her throw some earmuffs on her she sleeps like well....... A baby through the whole thing and Mommy and Daddy get to enjoy our evening knowing she is just fine.

#184 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Even though it was 1-0 without many shots it was a fun game to watch. Good physical intense hockey.

Schneider was great again. He made it look easy.

Cheap shot by Penner on Tanev. Tanev clearly was facing the boards and didn't turn at the last minute or anything. Penner strides into a hit from behind and puts Tanev into the boards.

Raymond's goal shows exactly how to burn that King's forcheck. I love that so much.

Even though the Sedins didn't play well it was nice to see Hank shoot on that 2-on-1. Even great passers need to shoot sometimes to keep the opponents guessing.

#185 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,237 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Powerplay has to improve,:(
2cz94w5.jpg<
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books.
THE CANUCKS ARE THE SINGLE, GREATEST SPORTS FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. GO CANUCKS GO

#186 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Schneids was godly today.
Ebbett was surprisingly solid today, esp in the PK
Higgins too.
Raymond/shredder/hansen ...our saving grace from all these injuries.

My god Alberts was horribad >.< I bet when Edler comes back, Ballard would be benched tho.

#187 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

most of our playres we have in the lineup now are playing with fear and it shows compared to playing with entitlement like they wont lose their job.. we still see lackluster play from all the vets that can have an off night without being put in AVs dog house ..the other guys are making sure they are in the lineup the next night and thats what we need..and thats what we never get from kassian

Ya we never get that from Kassian :picard:

Just comes back and gets in a fight to spark his team even though his back is messed.

He concusses one of the toughest fighters in the NHL in edmonton's goon, scores 5 goals in 7 games, hits, fights, does everything thats asked of him and literally carried us the first 10 games and is demoted

Stop taking your stupid pills please.

#188 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

We should just bring up more Wolves players and win more games with them as opposed to the incomplete games we were putting in before we pulled a trio of solid performances out of our hat! or Cory's glove if you will
Cassels

#189 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

When was this?

I missed the game

@sportsnetmurph: Convo between Bieksa and Fraser a carry over from last game. Fraser accused Bieksa of being a spot picker, Bieksa said do something about it

Posted Image

#190 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

I do it all the time I have a one year old. There are just some things baby sitters can't do I tried it once and my girl was screaming all night I had to leave the game early to put her to bed. So now I bring her throw some earmuffs on her she sleeps like well....... A baby through the whole thing and Mommy and Daddy get to enjoy our evening knowing she is just fine.

Are they free or do you have to buy like a baby ticket?

#191 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,499 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

@sportsnetmurph: Convo between Bieksa and Fraser a carry over from last game. Fraser accused Bieksa of being a spot picker, Bieksa said do something about it

What the hell's a spot picker?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#192 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

What the hell's a spot picker?

A guy who picks his spots to only fight certain guys on the other team, generally the non fighter type guys. To be fair, Bieksa really kind of is one a lot of the time. Stalberg, Kostopolous (still actually laugh how that turned out as a spot picking scenario), etc. Bieksa is tough as nails but he doesn't really go outside his weight class very often.

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 24 March 2013 - 03:03 AM.

#193 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Nolan's crosscheck on a down player was brutal. Raymond is back! SchneidZ! Albert's not fancy but I did see Brown skate away from the crease with Albert's bearing down on him> in his gun sites. 6 dives from LA with non of them called!! (thanks for the vid) and I still want Ballard on wing!Lol

#194 CanuckleHorse

CanuckleHorse

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

Put Gordon with ebbett and Higgins put Weise with the crash line ok AV you owe me :P

#195 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

A guy who picks his spots to only fight certain guys on the other team, generally the non fighter type guys. To be fair, Bieksa really kind of is one a lot of the time. Stalberg, Kostopolous (still actually laugh how that turned out as a spot picking scenario), etc. Bieksa is tough as nails but he doesn't really go outside his weight class very often.

Cool, then Bieksa has something in common with Lucic.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#196 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

My take on the LA game appears to be in the minority. They got the 2 points but not many positives IMO.
- The top line got 1 shot on net.
- Van d-core lost the majority of the battles on the boards.
- Most teams play Van by actively playing the Twins physically. Nolan cheap shoted Hank and again there was no payback. I mean, seriously.
- Tanev has been Van's best dman for how many games? Penner drove him into the boards from behind. No payback. What does Van think is going to happen come playoffs?
- LA's poor play more the reason for victory than Van positives other than Schneider.

Positives;
- Schneider won the game for Van. Bumped how many times?
- Alberts. Fans have a problem with his game? He was the only dman in the game providing any physicality. He was caught a few times but the physical play was critical to the win IMO.

#197 Nino

Nino

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

can start luongo tomorrow keeping with how the team has dealt with all back to backs

As long as we go back to Cory no matter how well Lou plays, Cory deserves it.

#198 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Well, he is one of the more intelligent players on the team...

#199 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Why would Bieksa fight a goon? It's such a waste. Bieksa is smart enough to know that him in the box for 5 minutes is more costly to the team than say Ben Eager in the box for 5 minutes. I'd rather Bieksa go after 2nd or 3rd liners acting like idiots over useless scrubs. At least he'd be taking some one somewhat useful off the ice for 5 minutes.

Edited by Doug The Thug Glatt, 24 March 2013 - 09:51 AM.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#200 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

most of our playres we have in the lineup now are playing with fear and it shows compared to playing with entitlement like they wont lose their job.. we still see lackluster play from all the vets that can have an off night without being put in AVs dog house ..the other guys are making sure they are in the lineup the next night and thats what we need..and thats what we never get from kassian

Learn hockey.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#201 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Schneider is hot.

Ride the Schneid.

Awesome!

#202 Airjasper

Airjasper

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Why doesnt a guy like Penner get suspended for a brutal boarding penalty that has the potential to paralyze someone? Really, what is worse...That or what Edler did. Not to mention he only got 2 minutes for that...Laughable.

Or how about the crosscheck to the neck of a downed Sedin. Not to beat a dead horse but the disciplinary in this league is hilariously terrible.

#203 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Impressive win against the Stanley Cup Champions. It would be nice to score a few more goals though. I wish we still had Cody Hodgson, at least he can put the puck in the net. He is right up there with Henrik in scoring while Kassian is producing like a 'give it more time' prospect.

#204 CanuckleHorse

CanuckleHorse

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Line 1 Sedins, Burrows Line 2 May Ray, Schroeder (Little big man) Hansen the Honey Badger Line 3 Higgy getin jiggy, Ebby, Flash Gordon Line 4 Tito, Happy Lappy, Dutch Gretz Now that you used my 2nd line for 3 wins AV make this your lineup and things might get easier for you guys :bigblush:

Edited by CanuckleHorse, 24 March 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#205 CanuckleHorse

CanuckleHorse

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

PP 1 Sedins Burrows Hamhuis - Bieksa PP 2 Schroeder Line Garrison Tanev or Ballard

#206 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

Alberts was our biggest body most of the night. Big hits, Kings bouncing off him, shoving them not just off the puck but off their feet. We had tons of easy zone exits because of Alberts. And for all those apparent giveaways, I think you're imagining things. We had 5 giveaways all game.

Well said nate. Alberts did handle the puck like a grenade at times, but he also delivered the biggest hits of the night and was able to handle the Kings' bigger forwards down low.

When you're playing a team with the size of LA, you sometimes have to live with a lack of footspeed and puckhandling ability, in order to make sure you don't get pushed around in your own zone.

BTW, I think Schneider played very well yesterday, however, these comments of "godly" and "standing on his head" are bit over the top, IMO. The one great save that I saw was the cross crease shorthanded chance for the Kings. The Alberts giveaway that resulted in a chance for Richards had nothing on it and hit Cory right in the logo. The other good chances were in too close (like the Penner chance) for the opposition to do much but bang away at it.

For my money, Schneider was better against Phoenix. He was very good yesterday, but overall team defense deserves some credit for that shutout as well.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#207 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,679 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

As do most other 'tough guy' players...

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#208 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Well said nate. Alberts did handle the puck like a grenade at times, but he also delivered the biggest hits of the night and was able to handle the Kings' bigger forwards down low.

When you're playing a team with the size of LA, you sometimes have to live with a lack of footspeed and puckhandling ability, in order to make sure you don't get pushed around in your own zone.

BTW, I think Schneider played very well yesterday, however, these comments of "godly" and "standing on his head" are bit over the top, IMO. The one great save that I saw was the cross crease shorthanded chance for the Kings. The Alberts giveaway that resulted in a chance for Richards had nothing on it and hit Cory right in the logo. The other good chances were in too close (like the Penner chance) for the opposition to do much but bang away at it.

For my money, Schneider was better against Phoenix. He was very good yesterday, but overall team defense deserves some credit for that shutout as well.

In a one goal game, every stop is a big one. Schneider had the pressure of knowing the team can't score much and played flawless.

#209 Fudd

Fudd

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

NHL Player Safety@NHLPlayerSafety6m

Jordan Nolan of Los Angeles Kings fined for cross-checking. http://bit.ly/16bnsfS

Nolan got fined for cross checking Henrik repeatedly at yesterday's game. Serves him right, that was plain dirty.

#210 rightasrain

rightasrain

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Off topic but Ballard should stay on as a forward, me thinks.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.