The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prove To Me Sestito Isn't Hordichuk

Pasific Coluseum

How are these 2 players any different? Both are fighters who get miniscule minutes and score once in a blue moon. The Hordichuk experiment was a failure and it's obvious Sestito hasn't worked out here hence the reason Flyers waived him.

Name me some dissimilarities because quite honestly I can't name one!

Thanks to injuries, it's Sestito on our 4th or Jensen/Desbiens/Sweatt/Rodin

-Would hurt Jensen/Rodin's development on the 4th, and neither are suited for that role.

-Desbiens is a poor-man's-Sestito, and that says a lot about him

-Sweatt is a good grinder, but is better served playing top minutes in the AHL

How are these 2 players any different? Both are fighters who get miniscule minutes and score once in a blue moon. The Hordichuk experiment was a failure and it's obvious Sestito hasn't worked out here hence the reason Flyers waived him.

Name me some dissimilarities because quite honestly I can't name one!

The difference is Tom Sestito is 6'5" and 228 pounds versus 6'1" and 212 pounds. He can hit to hurt.

In his two seasons in Vancouver, Hordichuk averaged 5:31 and 6:01. Sestito is averaging 6:30.

Sestito can actually tangle with the heavyweights in the league and doesn't put his head down and throw punches wildly.

He also actually has some offensive upside (based on the fact he scored 42 goals in 2006-07 in the OHL). Hordichuk never had more than six goals in junior.

Ive though Sestito has been pretty good for us.. not sure why the hate. He can actually skate decently for a big guy and at least he's not a punching bag for the heavies like Hordichuk was. He doesn't appear to be a real liability on the ice. I don't think were gonna get much if any offense from him but im fine with that. I like having the deterant there. Especially in games like todays.

Archived