• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

What i hope we do:

Ryan O'Byrne for Andrew Alberts and a 2013 3rd

Raffi Torres for Dale Weise and a 2014 3rd

Derek Mackenzie for 2013 4th and 2014 4th

Martin St.Louis and a 2013 1st for Alex Edler and a 2014 1st, 2013 2nd, 2014 2nd

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows- Great line obviously

Kassian Kesler St.Louis- St.Louis is a great playmaker and can set up kesler while kassian goes to the net

Raymond Schroeder Hansen- Great line this year, great chemistry

Higgins Lapierre Torres- Tough fourth line that can score, all those players could play on the third line, good depth

Spares: Sestito, Mackenzie- Mackenzie can fill in third line or fourth line center if there is an injury

Hamhuis Bieksa- Good chemistry, good defensively and offensively

Garrison Tanev- Both playing their correct sides and good shutdown pair, garrison can be more offensive with tanev staying back

Ballard O'Byrne- both playing their correct sides, ballard can be more offensive with o'byrne staying back

Spares: Barker

Schneider

Luongo
Posted Image

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,334 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

POPULAR

Martin St.Louis and a 2013 1st for Alex Edler and a 2014 1st, 2013 2nd, 2014 2nd

I was with you until I saw this

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

st louis caphit for this year is about 2m more then edlers, O'bryne is 500k more then alberts,mckenzie is another 1m, torres is 1m more then weise. 4.5m total going to canucks while we have less then 1m available. Please check that your trades agree with caphit

#4 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,201 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Why do people want Torres back so bad? He does provide intensity, but the guy has no self-control. It's like wanting Cooke back. All it means is we'd be penalized more. We need people who hit, and check cleanly, and who play disciplined.

Torres does not fulfill our needs.

That's also insane overpayment for St. Louis. I'd rather get both Schenn brothers if we're giving up that much.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#5 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#6 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'm not a fan of giving up so many picks in such a strong draft year. But I like the O'Byrne trade.
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,099 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Then you made it further than I did.

st louis caphit for this year is about 2m more then edlers, O'bryne is 500k more then alberts,mckenzie is another 1m, torres is 1m more then weise. 4.5m total going to canucks while we have less then 1m available. Please check that your trades agree with caphit

Didn't even consider that what with all the other stuff going on in there. Obviously the OP didn't either.

Why do people want Torres back so bad? He does provide intensity, but the guy has no self-control. It's like wanting Cooke back. All it means is we'd be penalized more. We need people who hit, and check cleanly, and who play disciplined.

Absolutely. We could have just signed him if we really wanted him. We offered him another year to see if he could fit, but he turned it down. Fair enough to him, but we aren't going to trade for him.

I'm not a fan of giving up so many picks in such a strong draft year. But I like the O'Byrne trade.

The picks next year as well! Jeez, we might as well fire all out scouting staff and them hire some new guys in a couple of years for the 2015 draft...

OP, this is a lot going on, and not really good enough to consider even as individual deals for the most part. Increase in cap, loss of draft picks, just not enough for it to work.

Posted Image

Oh geez...

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#8 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Well we actually have Manny's LTIR which puts us closer to 4 million in available funds by allowing us to replace him and go over cap. And with Booth 90% out for the season theres another 4 million, there is no cap porblem here at all.

Some really bad ideas and trades no one would ever take, but it could be made to fit into the cap.

#9 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Fair enough, i looked it over and it is pretty bad..... but it is not as bad as it looks, it will take an overpayment to get st.louis and with the way the lightning are playing that draft pick could be very high, while the proposal is bad its not terrible, how should i tweak it?

Booth is out for the year and so is malhotra, 6.7 million freed up

Torres does not fulfill our needs.

That's also insane overpayment for St. Louis. I'd rather get both Schenn brothers if we're giving up that much.

Because torres is an energy ball and if we can control him he would be perfect on the fourth line, if its really that bad of an idea then ignore that trade

Some really bad ideas and trades no one would ever take, but it could be made to fit into the cap.

They are really not THAT bad

Edited by Alex Burrows 14, 24 March 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image

#10 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

O'byrne is no better than Alberts IMO so this trade accomplishes nothing

MacKenzie is useless as we already have a better 4th line center in Lappy

We really really really really dont want or need Torres back

Huge overpayment for a 39-year-old who is on the verge of retirement

Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#11 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Imo obyrne is better

mackenzie would be a depth center for when kesler is hurt!

Whatever bout torres, i want him but no one else seems to so frgt that trade

And it could be a lottery pick also it would take an overpayment to get st.louis
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.