The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which player do you want the Canucks to aquire at the Trade Deadline? [Poll]

VAN_FAN_MATT

Which rumored trade target do you want the Canucks to aquire at the Trade Deadline?  

339 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

None on the list. They will all either cost too much, or are superfluous. And at this point I'm of the opinion we should be saving our picks and young players because we need a plan for life after the Sedins at some point. Guys like Roy and Ribeiro will be 100% pure rentals and I'd rather trade for a player we can retain.

I think you left off some realistic options. Florida can meet our needs, they're for sure sellers, and we have a trade history with them. Goc for the 3rd line//left-hand faceoffs. Weaver for right-hand depth. We don't have to break the bank on either. Both are signed next year. Weaver has chemistry with Garrison.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Weise - Goc - Lapierre

Ebbet/Pinizotto

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Weaver

Edler - Tanev

Ballard/Alberts/Barker.

That's playoff depth. Actually realistic. And there is still the possibility Booth comes back.

My vote goes to Jarome Iginla. As I had often said before, the man is one of the greatest clutch players in history, wheels are getting old, but playing on a more talented team with better players, particularly the Sedin twins, he can keep performing at a higher level and get them through the playoffs. He is not intimidated by opposing players and can ward trouble makers off from himself and the twins.

People say he's not coming here, and I almost have to agree with them. Calgary would sooner deal his to Pittsburgh, which probably makes more sense. But it's worth approaching them for a trade.

After reading about all these great names that people are dreaming of - are we allowed to pay with pot?

We're virtually cap-broke, with a bit of relief coming from Booth. Real talent will be expensive.

Actually we have crap tons of cap space. Manny isnt on the LTIR yet so theres a few million. Boothe will most likely miss the rest of the year, theres another 4 million, then of ocurse we got over a million tied up in Alberts. That alone gives us nearly 10 million in cap space. We got room for more then we could aquire with a Lu trade.

Technically you are correct. But when I said we're virtually cap-broke, I looked at the overall picture, that includes next year. We have committed all but $3.9M on 14 players (out of 25), which is crazy.

We may only have money to acquire rentals this year thanks to LTIR, not to MG's foresight (assuming that we cannot dump big contracts), which reduces our chances to get real talent. The issue is that if an awesome rental is available, good luck beating St Louis to it (just ONE example), with their $20M+ available this year.

Trust me, I honestly want to be wrong and have to praise MG in a couple of weeks!

Talbot for a 2nd rounder? Philly should really consider getting younger. Mould their team around Couturier and Giroux, they're not making the playoffs this season anyway. Then here's our opening night Game 1 playoff roster:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Lapierre - Talbot - Kassian

Say we lose Kesler and Booth to injury during the playoffs (why not...)

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Talbot - Kassian

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

One extra center makes a world of difference.

Bozak. Canucks need a killer FO man in order to start playing the style that made them difficult to play against

I couldnt give 2 craps about wingers except Morrow. I could see him having an immediate impact in the top 6.

And thats not a put-down on yr research, OP. But the team really needs 1-2 centermen that kill on FOs.

If I were the club's owner, I would fire MG for having to buyout two players.

Wishful thinking. The closer we get to next year, especially with a reduced cap, the less likely our chances to "throw in" trades and "get rid" of injury-prone expensive players. WHO will be so foolish to waste so much cap - would YOU, if you were a GM? Unless you find a buyer, there is no selling, just hoping.

Archived