The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which player do you want the Canucks to aquire at the Trade Deadline? [Poll]

VAN_FAN_MATT

Which rumored trade target do you want the Canucks to aquire at the Trade Deadline?  

339 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't vote (good list though, OP). We are not in the market for rental players. I'd be on board for a fair trade involving some of the younger players in the poll but realistically we are more than one player away from a cup run. Like almost every other team in the league, we need to get younger, cheaper, better and deeper by next season. That's a tall order and it's not achieved by getting one or two rentals for the post-season. This year's draft day is the new trade deadline.

I didn't vote (good list though, OP). We are not in the market for rental players. I'd be on board for a fair trade involving some of the younger players in the poll but realistically we are more than one player away from a cup run. Like almost every other team in the league, we need to get younger, cheaper, better and deeper by next season. That's a tall order and it's not achieved by getting one or two rentals for the post-season. This year's draft day is the new trade deadline.

Failing Ott, how about Boyd Gordon from Phx. By the time the trade deadline comes around his salary has basically nothing left on it, he could be aquired for a low pick, he's a UFA at the end of the season AND he has a 59% FO percentage.

Come the play-offs we NEED a face off go to guy. AV system demands a possesion type game and it all starts at the face off dot

Plus of course it would be nice to bring in some one like a Robeiro if for nothing more than his PP.

really canuck fans? st.louis?

im stunned really, of all the names on that list you guys want the smallest, oldest winger? do any of you watch the team? better yet, do any of you watch any team besides the canucks?... the LAST thing we need is a 5'8 winger on the brink of retirement. i would literally take any player on that list over st.louis...

i know you can't really have a 'wrong' opinion, but in this case - everyone who voted st.louis is wrong. and a horrible person.

I have a strong belief that this will be the snoozer of all snoozing trade deadlines

Tight standings, deep draft, cap declining = James Duthie shuffling papers.

Edit

anyone that thinks a deadline "seller" wants Ballard or Booth can you please explain why? Cause I really don't see it.

It's the exact opposite thing a "seller" is trying to accomplish.

Technically you are correct. But when I said we're virtually cap-broke, I looked at the overall picture, that includes next year. We have committed all but $3.9M on 14 players (out of 25), which is crazy.

We may only have money to acquire rentals this year thanks to LTIR, not to MG's foresight (assuming that we cannot dump big contracts), which reduces our chances to get real talent. The issue is that if an awesome rental is available, good luck beating St Louis to it (just ONE example), with their $20M+ available this year.

Trust me, I honestly want to be wrong and have to praise MG in a couple of weeks!

While I still have my doubts that the Canucks are going to make any significant trades at the deadline, I still have high hopes. Though the potential for a block-buster is certainly there.

Please share in your comments on who you voted for.

*sorry for omitting Jagr, but I can't seem to add another option to either list for some reason in edit.

P.S - my personal votes were for Martin St Louis as most wanted and Tyler Bozak most likely.

Archived