The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which player do you want the Canucks to aquire at the Trade Deadline? [Poll]

VAN_FAN_MATT

Which rumored trade target do you want the Canucks to aquire at the Trade Deadline?  

339 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd love to see Iginla on this team, but that doens't seem likely to happen. Overpayment is usually the theme leading up to the trade deadline, and Gillis tends to look to underpay, hoping for a diamond in the rough. Goaltenders don't usually get moved at the trade deadline, so I'm not expecting Gillis to do much beyond add a depth 3rd-liner as injury insurance.

I'd love to see Iginla on this team, but that doens't seem likely to happen. Overpayment is usually the theme leading up to the trade deadline, and Gillis tends to look to underpay, hoping for a diamond in the rough. Goaltenders don't usually get moved at the trade deadline, so I'm not expecting Gillis to do much beyond add a depth 3rd-liner as injury insurance.

I have a strong belief that this will be the snoozer of all snoozing trade deadlines

Tight standings, deep draft, cap declining = James Duthie shuffling papers.

Edit

anyone that thinks a deadline "seller" wants Ballard or Booth can you please explain why? Cause I really don't see it.

It's the exact opposite thing a "seller" is trying to accomplish.

Timeless philosohy;

from Socrates no less...

After reading about all these great names that people are dreaming of - are we allowed to pay with pot?

We're virtually cap-broke, with a bit of relief coming from Booth. Real talent will be expensive.

Gillis is saying they are not focusing on wingers, and in my opinion we are deep on defense, and they just need to put it all together like they have over this winning streak.

Goc/Ott/Roy/Matthias

To be realistic, I think we could get either Goc or Matthias out of Florida.

I think Goc would be the perfect fit for this team, I love what he has to offer. I think the steepest we would have to give up is a 2nd round pick and maybe a decent prospect (rodin, archibald, sweatt etc.)

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Schroeder - Kesler - Raymond

Higgins - Goc - Hansen - how beast is that?

Pinizotto - Lapierre - Kassian

I am hoping that more forward depth is added however.

Players I see MG targeting:

Matt Hendricks C WSH - rental, strong on faceoffs (averages over 50% consistently),

Marty Reasoner C NYI - dependable 4 th line centre, PK, averages over 50% on faceoffs

Mikael Backlund C CGY - RFA. if Feaster is selling, might be worth the pick up. I think he could show much more potential on a better team. More Swedes on this team always seems to be a good thing too lol

really canuck fans? st.louis?

im stunned really, of all the names on that list you guys want the smallest, oldest winger? do any of you watch the team? better yet, do any of you watch any team besides the canucks?... the LAST thing we need is a 5'8 winger on the brink of retirement. i would literally take any player on that list over st.louis...

i know you can't really have a 'wrong' opinion, but in this case - everyone who voted st.louis is wrong. and a horrible person.

Archived