The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which player do you want the Canucks to aquire at the Trade Deadline? [Poll]

VAN_FAN_MATT

Which rumored trade target do you want the Canucks to aquire at the Trade Deadline?  

339 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gillis is saying they are not focusing on wingers, and in my opinion we are deep on defense, and they just need to put it all together like they have over this winning streak.

Goc/Ott/Roy/Matthias

To be realistic, I think we could get either Goc or Matthias out of Florida.

I think Goc would be the perfect fit for this team, I love what he has to offer. I think the steepest we would have to give up is a 2nd round pick and maybe a decent prospect (rodin, archibald, sweatt etc.)

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Schroeder - Kesler - Raymond

Higgins - Goc - Hansen - how beast is that?

Pinizotto - Lapierre - Kassian

I am hoping that more forward depth is added however.

really canuck fans? st.louis?

im stunned really, of all the names on that list you guys want the smallest, oldest winger? do any of you watch the team? better yet, do any of you watch any team besides the canucks?... the LAST thing we need is a 5'8 winger on the brink of retirement. i would literally take any player on that list over st.louis...

i know you can't really have a 'wrong' opinion, but in this case - everyone who voted st.louis is wrong. and a horrible person.

im stunned really, of all the names on that list you guys want the smallest, oldest winger? do any of you watch the team? better yet, do any of you watch any team besides the canucks?... the LAST thing we need is a 5'8 winger on the brink of retirement. i would literally take any player on that list over st.louis...

i know you can't really have a 'wrong' opinion, but in this case - everyone who voted st.louis is wrong. and a horrible person.

off that wish list i would love to have either Iginla, Gaborik, or St.louis, but realistically, out of those 3 i think we could probably only be able to obtain Gaborik, threw a heavy blockbuster trade, still that would be awesome, to have a sniper up to the goal scoring skill level that Bure used to generate for us

more realistically though, would like us to try and get Ribeiro and Clowe, we need offence for the playoffs, i think we have the grit and toughness now, but if we can get some more scoring to take pressure off the sedins, that would help us go along way, ribeiro could do that, and clowe could be the playoff power forward, and teach Kassian a thing or two aswell...

also would be huge if we could somehow get Mike Green, he could definatly help fix up our power play probs, aslong as he can stay healthy.... i think a change of scenery to beautiful b.c. could get him back to the swing and back in to Erik Karlson and Letang points range...

MG needs to realise that the market for Luongo is limited. He keeps saying that you don't give away a player like Lu. Fair enough, but his worth is what the market will bear. At this point, I would be happy to see him fetch a top nine forward who can make the roster now, or a prospect with potential to be top six. There is no reason to believe that waiting for the off season will solve anything.

I have a strong belief that this will be the snoozer of all snoozing trade deadlines

Tight standings, deep draft, cap declining = James Duthie shuffling papers.

Edit

anyone that thinks a deadline "seller" wants Ballard or Booth can you please explain why? Cause I really don't see it.

It's the exact opposite thing a "seller" is trying to accomplish.

i was wrong about st.louis guys... the canucks always have a superstar goalie or player to trade for a game-changing player, we should definitly trade for a 37 year old 5'8 winger. yup, no point in going for any of the guys that can be impact players for us for years, that would be silly. especially since kesler is injury free and our second line is such a dominating force in this league, and most likely in the playoffs as well... plus st.louis can finally put to rest the rumblings that we are a soft team. by the way, how many of his 33 assists are to stamkos?

i never said st.louis was a bad player, i'd love to see him alongside kesler - but considering how many breaking trades the canucks generally make, why throw this one away on a guy most likely retiring in a year or two? and since when have the canucks needs up front included a 5'8 winger?

Actually we have crap tons of cap space. Manny isnt on the LTIR yet so theres a few million. Boothe will most likely miss the rest of the year, theres another 4 million, then of ocurse we got over a million tied up in Alberts. That alone gives us nearly 10 million in cap space. We got room for more then we could aquire with a Lu trade.

i was wrong about st.louis guys... the canucks always have a superstar goalie or player to trade for a game-changing player, we should definitly trade for a 37 year old 5'8 winger. yup, no point in going for any of the guys that can be impact players for us for years, that would be silly. especially since kesler is injury free and our second line is such a dominating force in this league, and most likely in the playoffs as well... plus st.louis can finally put to rest the rumblings that we are a soft team. by the way, how many of his 33 assists are to stamkos?

i never said st.louis was a bad player, i'd love to see him alongside kesler - but considering how many breaking trades the canucks generally make, why throw this one away on a guy most likely retiring in a year or two? and since when have the canucks needs up front included a 5'8 winger?

Archived