The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen's maturity into a legitimate scoring threat

I just was having some fun, looking at Jannik Hansen's stats for this year.

Currently, he's on pace for about 31 points in a 48 game season. Pretty good for any forward, I'd say. But then consider that in a full 82 game season, Jannik would be on pace for roughly 52 points. That's a MAJOR improvement over his last three seasons - clocking in respectively at 39 points, 29 points, and 15 points. 52 points in a full 82 game season would put him on the same amount of points as Burrows, and ahead of players such as Higgins, Kesler (although he played much of last season's 77 games injured), Edler and Bieksa.

I'm very happy for Hansen. He's a blast to watch on the ice. One of the hardest working players on the Canucks and deserves the success he's seeing. He's developed into a legitimate top six player, but he's so versatile he could play on any line and see a large degree of success in his role.

What a surprise for a 9th round pick!

Thank god for Hansen.

Hansen, Kassian, and Raymond have been the highlights of the year for me.

None of which I expected.

As a matter of fact I thought we should trade Hansen last season.

Now I wouldn't even consider it.

Not surprised, I was saying last year that he'd end up being a 20 goal, 50 point player this season. He's improved his game every single season he's been here, probably learned a lot from the Sedins' development so who knows how good he can get? He's our best player without a doubt apart from the Sedins, so I'd love to see him get a chance to play with the twins.

He and Raymond are bonified 2nd line players this season, while our older guys like Burrows, Higgins and even Kesler have taken dips in their production. At the end of the day, this just means our team is deeper and better suited to the playoffs than they were in 2011 even. Back then our 3rd line's highest scorer was Hansen with 15 goals. This season we have 20 goal scorers across our lineup.

He was a goal scorer as a Moose, but was also gritty and defensively sound, which was what was developed by anyone in coaching and management ever since he has been here.

I posted that it was Hansen who could run away with the new opportunities, and he has.

Really happy with him.

Have always liked his game, because he's one of those Burr type, leave it all out there on the ice guys.

His speed and how he can handle the puck one handed make him incredibly exciting to watch. He certainly has matured into a well rounded player and one of our best. A keeper for sure.

Hansen is proof, that if you work your tail off you get rewarded. He never takes a shift off. The best part, is he understands when you play physical, it creates space. He may not get the team MVP, but he should. Even on nights where no one else seems to be doing anything. He's out there plugging away.

Love his work ethic, and his speed.

Archived