The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Iginla submits list of teams he would accept trade to four teams. (The Score)

Hey Canuck Fans,

The Canucks is not on his list and very disappointing. <_<

Posted by Darren Kritzer under Calgary Flames, News on Mar 24, 2013

http://blogimages.thescore.com/nhl/files/2013/03/jarome33.jpg

The NHL trade deadline is just under two weeks away, but the rumors are just starting to get going. One of the bigger names expected to be on the move come April 3rd is Flames captain Jarome Iginla, who according to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, has submitted a list of four teams he would accept a trade to.

Teams on the list:

Boston

Chicago

Los Angeles

Pittsburgh

All four are definitely considered Stanley Cup contenders, but oddly enough, the list doesn’t include any Canadian teams. The Montreal Canadiens just happen to be ranked second in the Eastern Conference, and the Vancouver Canucks, currently in fourth in the West, were thought to be a possible destination for the Flames captain.

On the year, Iginla, who has a no-movement clause, has recorded eight goals and 13 assists in 29 games. The Flames sit 14th in the West with 26 points.

Go Canucks Go :canucks:

Cheers..

Eklund posted that a big name player is getting moved today and is going to be announced in the next few hours. Of course it is Eklund and he wont say what player so he is probably spewing crap out of his mouth again, but you never now, statistically he has to get it right sometime.....

-Pittsburgh might be better served aquiring a defenseman. But i'd put them on top of the list of teams willing to trade for Iginla.

-Boston might do it, esp. if they feel Horton wants too much down the road.

-LA doesn't have much to offer in terms of prospects. They made all their moves last season. They like the Richards-Carter thing as well as the Kopitar-Brown thing. Williams enough?

-Chicago could move Saad, but i don't think they want to disrupt a good thing. Perhaps add a depth forward and defenseman instead.

Guest Dasein

As expected.

Iginla would never join the Canucks. And at the moment, it doesn't appear as though we have the best chance at a Cup either. Not surprised.

-Pittsburgh might be better served aquiring a defenseman. But i'd put them on top of the list of teams willing to trade for Iginla.

-Boston might do it, esp. if they feel Horton wants too much down the road.

-LA doesn't have much to offer in terms of prospects. They made all their moves last season. They like the Richards-Carter thing as well as the Kopitar-Brown thing. Williams enough?

-Chicago could move Saad, but i don't think they want to disrupt a good thing. Perhaps add a depth forward and defenseman instead.

I imagine Boston fans being on the fence about trading Horton for Iginla, if that's the case. Horton is a bit younger and was their playoff hero in 2011. But i don't see how it's going to work otherwise. Their top-6 is set. What? Demote Seguin?

Pittsburgh at least has some room for him.

Eklund posted that a big name player is getting moved today and is going to be announced in the next few hours. Of course it is Eklund and he wont say what player so he is probably spewing crap out of his mouth again, but you never now, statistically he has to get it right sometime.....

Archived