The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Brenden Morrow to Pittsburgh

I've said it many times on this forum, Morrow is the one guy I really wanted Vancouver to get.

No idea why more CDC'ers weren't in on this guy. Leadership, grit, heart, can pot a few goals, and could offer great support for our finesse players.

He'd fit well with Boston's model.

They didn't trade Brad Richards.

They're rebuilding the team around Jamie Benn and Lehtonen. They just picked up a great two-way defensive prospect who's got top pairing potential for Brenden Morrow, who's a UFA this summer. From Ribeiro they got a 2nd rounder from a team that's not likely to make the playoffs and Cody Eakin, who's going to be a stud. Roy, a UFA this summer, will fetch them either a good prospect or a high draft pick in a deep draft year.

Aside from the Neal trade (though Goligoski's good), I like what they're doing.

I've said it many times on this forum, Morrow is the one guy I really wanted Vancouver to get.

No idea why more CDC'ers weren't in on this guy. Leadership, grit, heart, can pot a few goals, and could offer great support for our finesse players.

He'd fit well with Boston's model.

<insert player> to Pittsburgh. -might as well just hand them the cup.

Pittsburgh is always going to be a good team with the likes of Crosby and Malkin. The East is still a tough conference though, nothings guaranteed.

They've got weaknesses just like every other team.

Archived