The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Brenden Morrow to Pittsburgh

No Pittsburgh gets fleeced.

Morrow is washed up. A 3rd liner at this point, and he is a rental. Morrow is a very good prospect.

Although the picks even it out a bit. Although the thing about the picks is, this just shows again how valuable picks are in this years draft, even mid-late ones.

The other scary thing, is now that this has happened, other might want this to be the precedent for rentals. Like the Gaustad trade last year.

Bad trade for Pittsburgh. Joe Morrow is worth a lot more than a third liner. Unfortuantley, this is the kind of trade that jacks up the price for every other deadline deal and brings everything to a stalemate. Remember Paul Gaustad?

Risky hockey trade for both.

B. MORROW has struggled for the last year and a half. Only has 6 goals this season. Acquiring him to play with Malkin but Malkin is still out with a shoulder injury. It doesn't give them tons of time to develop chemistry before the playoffs. I think Neal took half a season to build chemistry with Malkin and is it worth re-signing him next season if they get eliminated? Pens still need to get a top 4 dman. They are having a tough time moving the puck without Letang. If the Pens don't make it deep into the playoffs, this could look like a bad trade for them.

J. Morrow has struggled in his first pro season but was pegged as a top 2 dman at the draft I believe. I could see him getting time with the Dallas Stars in the NHL to finish the season but Dallas probably isn't a playoff team this year despite being in 8th.

I think this is a fair

Archived