4 replies to this topic

#1 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I think one thing thats missing in this organization is depth on the farm of players that can step in and fill our third and fourth line roles.
I think this year it will be increasingly difficult to pull off trades to fill a hole that we need which is another top six forward that will put us over the top.
On this board we continually recycle ideas about line combos particularly our second line. Thats because we dont have a clear idea of who should be on it!! In my opinion thats because we have to many guys that can barely fill that role and not enough that can CLEARLY fill that role. booth hansen raymond higgins are all guys that i like but none of them are bonifide second line players. even kassian is questionable on the second line.
my idea would be to purge this team of its duplication of players that are fulfilling the same roles, combine it with whatever we can get for one of our goalies -preferably in the form of draft picks and market that. it is allot easier to trade for picks than it is to try and trade player for player imo to fill our specific role. then we will have an excess of picks plus our own picks to go after a bonifide top six forward from an team not making a run.

Edited by erkayloomeh, 24 March 2013 - 02:21 PM.

GOD BE PRAISED

#2 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

What are you trying to say with this thread?
Posted Image

#3 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,603 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Soooooo... what exactly are you proposing? "Do draft better pls"?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#4 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

What are you trying to say with this thread?

I guess i didnt do a very good job of getting my ideas across. I just think it would be alot easier to trade the players we can afford to get rid of for picks and then use those picks to trade for the player we want. Its seems alot harder to trade player for player to acquire what we need
GOD BE PRAISED

#5 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Well, our trade philosophy appears to be "who have the Panthers got", so that needs to change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.