12 replies to this topic

#1 TheLiveWire

TheLiveWire

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Chirs Stewart is just a perfect fit for the Canucks. A nice, much needed right winger that can play with either with Kes or the Sedins. He has plenty of grit, is a great fighter, great physical presence, and still possesses great goal scoring ability. He's exactly what we want Kassian to be, and he's only 25. Now I know chances at getting him are extraordinarily low, but I just think he could be that big piece we need to put us over the top. But the only way that a trade would be even possible would be if there was a 3+ way trade. For example, Stewart to VAN, Loungo to TOR, Frattin, Liles, Ballard plus a third round pick from both VAN and TOR to STL. (Now of course I don't think this would happen, but this would be an example for my prototype deal.) TOR gets their veteran goalie to help Reimer, VAN get their Gritty scoring star, and ST Louis gets 2 solid defensemen to help out on the back end and give depth, plus a scorer pretty good scorer like Frattin, and 2 draft picks. Still needs balancing and tweaking but you get my point. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this idea. St Louis would have a steep price, but do you think it would be worth it to match that price? (if even possible) Thoughts?

#2 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,424 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Chris Stewart is a perfect fit for a lot of teams. We don't have the assets St.Louis would want for him.

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#3 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

proposalsss
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#4 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

why wasted asset on chris stewart when we have KAssasin

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#5 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

trade rumour OR signing? which is this????????!!! HELP!!!

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#6 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

Chris Stewart is a perfect fit for a lot of teams. We don't have the assets St.Louis would want for him.

RIP LB RR PD

#7 TheLiveWire

TheLiveWire

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

This is mainly speculation/discussion, Sorry, first, forum I've posted. New to this thing. But what do you think it would take to make this deal happen. I think a three way deal with toronto would be the best way to go, if possible.

#8 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Probably could have had him for fairly cheap (2nd+5th pick, or a lesser prospect+ a pick) last year when he was on the 4th line and benched.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#9 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Aside from the top 4 left side defenseman that the blues desperately want to have. Add a quality sniper, like Raymond. The only thing I would be wary of is if Stewart is having the best year of his career.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#10 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

lol st.louis best player this season. Im sure this contending team is just itching to trade him.

#11 TheLiveWire

TheLiveWire

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

lol st.louis best player this season. Im sure this contending team is just itching to trade him.

I know, that's why I'm proposing a 3 way trade. Everyone has a price, the question is how high. And his is definitely high. If Toronto takes Lu, than instead of giving us the steep price he's worth, (we all know mike gillis demands high return) they can give that same, or slightly less, value to St Louis. Plus, we will still be giving fairly significant value to them as well. This is lesson the burden a little bit on both us and toronto, and if combined they equal out to high enough value, St. Louis might accept. Everyone could come out a winner. Toronto gets their goalie, we get stewart, and St Louis gets a solid top 4 left d, plus a sniper, plus depth players, plus a draft pick or 2. I think it's at least worth a shot.

#12 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

This exactly.... We would need to give up a lot
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#13 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,136 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

He's exactly what we want Kassian to be.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.